• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New details on Dead Rising 3 Kinect integration and Ryse MP/Smartglass from Xbox.com

ekim

Dead Rising 3
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/dead-rising-3
Sense the Danger

With the all-new Kinect, the zombie horde can hear beyond the screen and respond to noises inside your living room.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/11/dead-rising-3-kinect-and-smartglass-integration-detailed/

Dead Rising 3's optional use of the Xbox One's mandatory Kinect gifts its zombies with a level of situational awareness you may not want them to have, truth be told. "They can hear," a Capcom representative told us during a demonstration at E3. "If you want to call a zombie or distract [a zombie], you just yell at your Kinect and they'll respond to you."

Sounds useful in a stealth situation, but what if you're not as good at staying quiet as you'd like, or your roommate comes home at a tense moment, taking the frustration of his lousy day out on your front door? Are the zombies listening that closely?

"That's part of the joke," executive producer Josh Bridge said. We asked whether the zombies would respond to specific words or just sounds in general, and while exact details regarding the mechanic won't be revealed until further into production, "for the most part, zombies don't understand English." Bridge added that the microphone sensitivity will be tuned to a "threshold that makes sense," so that attracting zombies will, by and large, feel like an intentional decision. Of course, the functionality can be disabled entirely.

So it can be turned off

City map (don't know if complete)
untitlede6ulq.png

More information on weapons and an interactive city map can be found on the site.

Ryse
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/ryse

Through online multiplayer, Ryse plunges you into the brutal world of the gladiator. Enter the Coliseum to fight side-by-side with your friends in dynamic environments, to the roar of ten-thousand spectators.*

An interactive achievement guide on your SmartGlass device helps you unlock secrets along the way, provides synchronized tips, and even full-video walkthroughs of the trickiest areas.**
:lol

Manage your character, inventory and upgrades using SmartGlass.

Other sites:
Forza Motorsports 5
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/forza-5

Kinect Sports Rivals
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/kinect-sports-rivals

demolitio

"Mom! You just gave away my position to the zombies and I died! I hate you! I'll let you know if I want my damn soda!"

The Smartglass integration is interesting and I do hope that Kinect is at least used in creative ways. The above integration is considered one of the stupid ways to use Kinect in my opinion and will only be fun for a few times before it's old and only used to troll friends and family that are playing the game.

BigDug13

Zombies will be alerted to your presence if someone in the living room makes some noise? How is that a good feature?

Toki767

Great...now people not playing your game can really screw with you in ways other than turning the Xbox off.

Nibel

An interactive achievement guide on your SmartGlass device helps you unlock secrets along the way, provides synchronized tips, and even full-video walkthroughs of the trickiest areas.**

"How do I press X to win"

Dead Rising 3 Kinect sounds cool though

ev0

Zombies will be alerted to your presence if someone in the living room makes some noise? How is that a good feature?

Seriously. I am trying to imagine how much that would piss me off in certain sections of The Last of Us.

More Kinect trolling possibilities !

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Oh oh, now Xbone is putting the True Achievements, Rooster Teeth and xboxachievements.org out of business lol

Good Job!

pa22word

As a DR fan, that map is very reassuring. By the way they were talking I was expecting something like a TES game (big, open, pointless environments that are good for nothing but walking around and staring at). It looks like they're instead actually focusing on designing several sectioned off portions of a larger overall gameworld, like an extension of the previous format just on a bigger scale.

I'm okay with this.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Seriously. I am trying to imagine how much that would piss me off in certain sections of The Last of Us.

More Kinect trolling possibilities !

There's a fire station half a block away, they do many nightly runs, they would have trolled the fuck out of me if I played DR3 like that

Hopefully it can be turned off

Your moving and making scuffing noise and the whole Zombie Mob goes Brains? Over There!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Kinect DR3 stuff sounds like a dumb corny feature ripe for the franchise it's in.

I am really curious about Ryse multiplayer. Didn't even realize it had it during E3.

DR3 maps looks great, but there's still a concern about the game and everything they've stripped out/toned down.

Still waiting to see some proper gameplay before passing full judgement tho, but the map is very encouraging and I've said before that the Kinect integration is great and would be fantastic in horror games going forward. If MS weren't so restrictive in their indie publishing policies, that feature would be all kinds of amazing in Outlast.

pa22word

Guys, I don't expect the kinect zombie awareness thing is going to add up to anything other than ambient stuff that you'll go "oh, that's cool" once and then never notice again. Like if someone knocks on your door a zombie might go, "ngguh?" and look in that direction momentarily before going off and doing his own thing again. I highly doubt you'll be able to agro a zombie via kinnect.

masterkajo

I have a friend who has such a stupid habit of clearing his throat about once a minute. It is soo anyoing, but even though everyone always tells him he can't/won't get rid of it (I guess it would be pretty hard to untrain your body to do that). Anyway, this might finally make him do it?!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Ryse has multiplayer? It has to be co-op only right.

Developer Crytek mentioned that they wouldn't be talking about multiplayer just yet, but then Cinematic Director Peter Gornstein said, "Well, you can't have multiplayer without the Colosseum."

I pressed further, and Gornstein confirmed that Ryse will include a two-player, "back-to-back" (though not necessarily literally) cooperative mode set in the Roman Colosseum. And like the real-life entertainment spectacles in the Colosseum during ancient Rome, the stages in the center of the famous arena will change, leading to a plethora of gameplay possibilities.

"Entire sets change by coming up through the floor," Gornstein said, and cited examples like flooding the Colosseum floor (which they actually did) or putting a forest in there. This creates a near infinite number of potential gameplay scenarios. Sounds cool, right?

Sounds interesting.

DR3 is so far the only game that makes me wanna buy an Xbone.
Since Microsoft removed all DRM bullshit, maybe I'll bite sooner rather than later.

Will this be a launch title?

Rhindle

Looks like DR3 is set in LA, basically.

Ingleton = Inglewood
Sunset Hills = Beverly Hills
Central City = Downtown
South Almuda = Long Beach

Loving some of the combo weapons mentioned on the page,

And holy crap at one of the teased vehicles...

Man, if only they had retained the more wacky tone of the previous DR games. This would have sold me on the One almost instantly. As it stands now, waiting for a lengthy gameplay walkthrough...

Nibel

Imagine playing Dead Rising 3 on the hardest difficulty, you are in the hardest section of the game and the last autosave checkpoint is far away; you're surrounded by a bunch of zombies who would destroy you with ease if they'd notice you

And then you fart because you ate one bag of Doritos too much

ekim

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/11/dead-rising-3-kinect-and-smartglass-integration-detailed/

Dead Rising 3's optional use of the Xbox One's mandatory Kinect gifts its zombies with a level of situational awareness you may not want them to have, truth be told. "They can hear," a Capcom representative told us during a demonstration at E3. "If you want to call a zombie or distract [a zombie], you just yell at your Kinect and they'll respond to you."

Sounds useful in a stealth situation, but what if you're not as good at staying quiet as you'd like, or your roommate comes home at a tense moment, taking the frustration of his lousy day out on your front door? Are the zombies listening that closely?

"That's part of the joke," executive producer Josh Bridge said. We asked whether the zombies would respond to specific words or just sounds in general, and while exact details regarding the mechanic won't be revealed until further into production, "for the most part, zombies don't understand English." Bridge added that the microphone sensitivity will be tuned to a "threshold that makes sense," so that attracting zombies will, by and large, feel like an intentional decision.
Of course, the functionality can be disabled entirely.

So it can be turned off

Second time I've heard this. Can you use any headset? I think I've got a copy of Manhunt somewhere, but I didn't know this was a feature.
Not sure. There were probably a few 3rd party headsets, I don't remember what kind of cord/port it used.

Also the creepy director would talk to you through the headset, it was pretty neat for the time.

Not sure. There were probably a few 3rd party headsets, I don't remember what kind of cord/port it used.

Also the creepy director would talk to you through the headset, it was pretty neat for the time.

Oh man, that sounds great. Will have to look into finding a compatible headset.

Sendou

One way guide to have a good Kinect integration: make sure it can be turned off. That said I think that's one of the better ways to use Kinect.

Top Bottom