• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Details on Pokemon GO

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Everyone on Reddit who got in was a high level Ingress player so far it appears.

Makes me wonder why they made that part optional in sign up if they just wanted core high level Ingress players.

I hope Nintendo selects me to beta in my town. I know exactly where I would put the rare ones. There's a historical site that's free to the public but only open the third Saturday of every month. I want to put a rare legendary somewhere in there

I hope Nintendo selects me to beta in my town. I know exactly where I would put the rare ones. There's a historical site that's free to the public but only open the third Saturday of every month. I want to put a rare legendary somewhere in there

That sounds pretty awesome, In fact I live about 10 minutes towards the downtown area of Minneapolis so there must be some legendary there.

Everyone on Reddit who got in was a high level Ingress player so far it appears.

Makes me wonder why they made that part optional in sign up if they just wanted core high level Ingress players.

I'm sure that was part of the criteria, but I doubt that was the only way to get in.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I don't play Ingress.

Interesting.

Reddit even just put up a faq

https://m.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4l1y44/us_field_test_megathread/

To answer some burning questions:

If you didn't get in, don't worry. Niantic sends invites in waves, so you still have a chance! We'll let you know if another wave comes in.

iOS emails come from do_not_reply@apple.com. Android comes from pokemongo-support@nianticlabs.com.

Servers are under heavy load from the new testers. It's a beta for this exact reason.

If you did not play Ingress, you have not got in at this time.

Pokemon GO does not work on the Android N beta.

Please take this quick poll if you got into the beta: http://www.strawpoll.me/10311171 Here is a map of the regions: https://www.learner.org/interactives/historymap/images/new50intro_07.gif

So you are the only person I've heard of who didn't play Ingress but got in.

Cbajd5

I'm pretty sure someone is gonna leak the Android beta since any device can install a .apk file.

I don't know
It'll still check the login google account to see if it's been allowed to participate, people already tried the apk when the Japanese field test started. A newer version of it will only be good for more datamining if someone didn't get an invite.

i didn't get an invite

i played ingress just to get in

dang level 7

It'll still check the login google account to see if it's been allowed to participate, people already tried the apk when the Japanese field test started. A newer version of it will only be good for more datamining if someone didn't get an invite.

I see, so it will still need a Google account so unless the apk file reads it you can't get in.

Cbajd5

I see, so it will still need a Google account so unless the apk file reads it you can't get in.
Not the apk, but the login server. You can install the apk and see the screens up to the login prompt, but after trying to log in with an account that hasn't been accepted you'll just be stuck on a loading screen. At least that's how it worked with the apk back when the Japanese field test started.

Top Bottom