• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Deus Ex: Human Revolution info -- new trailer, multiple hands-on impressions

Zeliard

Hopefully that won't actually involve Quintin Smith himself offering impressions on Deus Ex: HR, but one of the others. I like him as a writer but I don't trust his ability to gauge the quality of WRPGs after that New Vegas review.

CrankyJay

Banned
Dedication Through Light said:
The last trailer was so epic that it made me get in the mood to secure this on Day 1 Baby! That being said, I hope the info shows the release date as this spring.

Yeah, I pretty much decided I want the deluxe version with the soundtrack.

garath

With my limited playtime, this is the only game I plan on buying day 1 in the foreseeable future. I would love more info.

Especially the release date!!

Hopefully that won't actually involve Quintin Smith himself offering impressions on Deus Ex: HR, but one of the others. I like him as a writer but I don't trust his ability to gauge the quality of WRPGs after that New Vegas review.
Can we get an elaboration by chance?

Dedication Through Light said:
The last trailer was so epic that it made me get in the mood to secure this on Day 1 Baby! That being said, I hope the info shows the release date as this spring.
OK. You convinced me to come out if media blackout. Holy fucking shit, Eidos!!! That was insane!

Zeliard

afternoon delight said:
Can we get an elaboration by chance?

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/10/21/wot-i-think-fallout-new-vegas/

His criticisms of the writing relative to Fallout 3 are particularly laughable. He has criticisms for New Vegas that apply to Fallout 3 tenfold, yet he holds the latter up in some strange regard. He's free to his opinions, obviously (and the piece makes no pretentious to objectivity), but I also know he's not the guy I want previewing my WRPGs and opining on them. Different philosophies on WRPG quality.

The review also includes this gem:

"It is the sound of Obsidian phoning this game in. I’m talking long distance, reversed charges, not-giving-a-fuck."

I hate the game so I'm going to impugn the motives of the developer.

Empty

ezekial45 said:

Quinns: Well, I was thrilled to find out that we’d be playing the first couple of hours of the game, rather than a couple of disjointed levels. That was a relief. But when we got to playing, what I found most striking is that the game’s flavour- the art design, the dialogue, the characters, the architecture and fashion- is even better than I hoped. And I was hoping for a lot.
Quinns: I was transported. What Eidos have done here is nothing short of beautiful, and that’s all the more interesting because- while Deus Ex did an incredible amount- beauty was not its focus.
Quinns: Oh my god the stealth.
Alec: That’s something I found immediately rewarding, even though Jensen is without any superpowers at this point. It’s not a darkometer or guards with radars above their heads. It’s hiding, watching, waiting, timing, running. Totally organic, based on observation and caution.
Quinns: It’s some of the most satisfying stealth I’ve ever encountered. Again, I’ll use the word believable. Peering over desks, going lurching from hiding place to hiding place. It’s like you say- no darkometer, no mechanics. Just the simple act of a man trying not be seen, with the player given enough spatial awareness to do it well. (Or balls it up amazingly.)

impressive.

Prothero

Neo Member
Hellshadow said:
Hopefully that includes a release date.

This. I've been waiting for this game for a while now and every time I hear new information about it, I'm more and more interested to play.

Kusagari

Prothero said:
This. I've been waiting for this game for a while now and every time I hear new information about it, I'm more and more interested to play.

I just hope it isn't delayed into the logjam in November because then it's fucked.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Ok, I seriously need an MP3 of the song in the OP's trailer....

thetrin said:
Ok, I seriously need an MP3 of the song in the OP's trailer....

I need an mp3 of every song in these Deus Ex trailers. I'm easily convinced this will be soundtrack of the year for games. Even better than Mass Effect 3 one I'd imagine.

Pooya

new screens

944089_20110203_screen001.jpg

944089_20110203_screen004.jpg

The dialog in that trailer is superior to the dialog in the previous trailers. Looks like that first screen takes place in the beginning of the game. Notice the human hand.

feel

Love the soundtrack, actually, everything about the game seems high quality. Please be good, please be good, I'm sick of only getting shooting gallery FPSs with an online focus, I really crave some great singleplayer ones with gameplay depth/variety and exploration, plus immersive atmosphere.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The dialog in that trailer is superior to the dialog in the previous trailers. Looks like that first screen takes place in the beginning of the game. Notice the human hand.

You really don't need to use any detective work to realize it's from the start of the game. The dialogue fits in with Adam's origin story from earlier trailers...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The chick with the short hair; is that the same voice actress as Ashley from Mass Effect?

Zeliard

Meer's hands-on is promising, though due to the embargo, we're getting almost no detail on the actual gameplay systems. Makes it hard to tell how the game will actually play and how choice & consequence figures into it, and those are the things that make Deus Ex what it is.

Zeliard

PC Gamer said:
On Deus Ex difficulty, you die almost instantly under fire. If a bullet only scrapes you, it takes around thirty seconds to recover from the hit.

At least that should lessen the annoyance of having non-augmented, automatic regen health.

ezekial45

Banned
I'm sorry, but i'm a bit tied up at the moment. Can anyone make a list of all the new bits of details from the impressions? I'll post it in the OP.

This is my most anticipated game of this year, cant wait for this one. Everything Ive seen or heard about this game makes me very excited to play it.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Game of the fiscal year confirmed. If Duke Nukem Forever will be the king of FPS, DE3 will be the ace.

Top Bottom