• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dinosaur Planet (Rare Ltd./Nintendo) trailer released

Shiggy

Edit: I did not think that people would assume that this game was going to be revived. Sorry, this was not done on purpose this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AFbAWW_pVUw

There's a whole lot more on his website, Rareminion. New music, a story synopsis, and character bios. New images are soon to come.

http://rareminion.com/dp.html

And do you see what I see? A battle against General Scales in the Desert Force Point Temple? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFbAWW_pVUw&feature=player_detailpage#t=17s

Edit: Take a look at these, explains quite a bit of the SFA story too!
tricky2.jpg

wrowa

I knew that a word was missing from the thread title, but I still hoped that someone leaked a beta ROM of the game. ;( Would really love to play the original game for once. It looks that -- apart of the characters obviously -- not much changed when they moved the game to GameCube.

Wiseblade

1) Holy misleading thread titles, batman!

2) So basically it was exactly the same game except without the Starfox dressing. Hmm... Maybe actually having a proper final boss instead of "Andross out of nowhere!" would have helped, but it's not like that was the only problem with the game.

Tadale

You know, Rare's output during the N64 era was incredible. It's amazing enough that they managed to put out Goldeneye, DKR, Banjo, Jet Force Gemini, Donkey Kong 64, Banjo-Tooie, and Conker on that system, and to also be working on this?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I saw it coming as I knew there was no way, but interesting to have an old unreleased trailer released now. What's the reasoning behind it?

Shiggy

What's wrong with the title?

I missed the "trailer" and wasn't quick enough to add it via editing. I asked duckroll to add it, and so he (or somebody else) has.

Not only that, but it's not exactly a "new" trailer, is it? Just one that hasn't been seen much before.

What did you expect when reading "new"? That they've produced a completely new trailer after 11 years?

GimMick

What's wrong with the title?
It didn't have the "trailer" before.

Saw the trailer and it was a damn nice looking game for the N64. Rare had completely mastered the system O__O
I still don't really understand why they slapped the Starfox IP on it. It's not like it was a huge seller IP to begin with...

What did you expect when reading "new"? That they've produced a completely new trailer after 11 years?

Yes, that's exactly what I was expecting, you totally called me on it.

Actually, I figured going in it was a "lol gotcha" topic, especially since you've been making a habit of it lately, kind of running it into the ground. I believe that trailer was already posted to GAF anyway. Or maybe I just saw it on the Unseen 64 Twitter and assumed most other people that cared would have. Either way, it's not new, it's an old trailer for an old game that not many people have seen.

Looks so fun. I still loved the final result though so I can't complain we got something different. I miss this Rare so much, they were on another level from DKC to Starfox Adventures.

Shiggy

Yes, that's exactly what I was expecting, you totally called me on it.

Actually, I figured going in it was a "lol gotcha" topic, especially since you've been making a habit of it lately, kind of running it into the ground. I believe that trailer was already posted to GAF anyway. Or maybe I just saw it on the Unseen 64 Twitter and assumed most other people that cared would have. Either way, it's not new, it's an old trailer for an old game that not many people have seen.

Next time I'll say "unseen Dinosaur Planet trailer released". Sorry, I do not think that people are dumb and can use common sense when it comes to cancelled games. All of this Dinosaur Planet stuff was not released before, it was only because of NeoGAF user OneFalcon that we've got this. If you think it's old, then fine, show me the thread for it...otherwise stop whining.

As evidenced by this thread, several people were interested in this trailer and had not seen it before...

Looks like it would have been the top dog in graphics if it was released.

This is the best looking n64 game i've ever seen (next to majora's mask and turok 3)

It didn't have the "trailer" before.

Saw the trailer and it was a damn nice looking game for the N64. Rare had completely mastered the system O__O
Honestly, I think the Banjo games look better. Still impressive though.

Top Bottom