• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball game (PS4/PS3/360) announced in V-Jump!

zeopower6

Didn't see a thread here...

No date or date estimate announced, but it is the first PS4 Dragon Ball game and first Jump title to get the PS4 treatment. Wonder if this is gonna head to the West~

Is this also Bandai Namco's first game on the PS4 as well? Or does that go to iDOLM@STER?

Source: V-Jump / Anime News Network

In the right hands, the power of the PS4 could yield some godlike cel shading (GGXrd).

No hopes for this game playing well, but I hope it's a next gen worthy visual spectacle at least.

Meanwhile I'll stick with Mugen fro all my DBZ fighting game needs Kappa.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Dragon-Ball-Z-PS4-PS3.jpg

Get ready.....

Tizoc

I'm not too psyched about it primarly because the gameplay might be meh and the graphics'll be meh too.

Eusis

Huh, no XB1 listed? Though it has yet to come out there so I guess it wouldn't...

Not that I'd play it there (or likely play it ever) I just find it interesting to observe, along with DW8 being a no show on XB1 so far.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
Didn't see a thread here...

No date announced, but it is the first PS4 Dragon Ball game and first Jump title to get the PS4 treatment. Wonder if this is gonna head to the West~

Is this also Bandai Namco's first game on the PS4 as well?

Source: V-Jump / Anime News Network

nope ;)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
In the right hands, the power of the PS4 could yield some godlike cel shading (GGXrd).

No hopes for this game playing well, but I hope it's a next gen worthy visual spectacle at least.

You know It will just be the PS360 game in 1080p running at higher framerate.

Tsundere

Banned
Huh, no XB1 listed? Though it has yet to come out there so I guess it wouldn't...

Not that I'd play it there (or likely play it ever) I just find it interesting to observe, along with DW8 being a no show on XB1 so far.

They probably don't expect Xbox One to make any significant/relevant impact in Japan.

"its over 900p!!!!"

seriously tho, nice to see a DBZ game heading to PS4. hopefully the series mixes the current formula up a bit.

Cyrus

PS4? Sweet. Hope this is a traditional DBZ fighting game and nothing like Ultimate Tenkaichi or Battle of Z.

orioto

Good Art™
It's always a little magic to see the first dbz game of a generation! I remember the first 32 bits dbz!

But it's cross title that time.. Even if the type of graphics we had for anime games on PS3 can benefit a LOT from a perfect IQ.

Waiting for the next gen Naruto game tbh. IK that game will be a beauty. The Storm series already looks like the anime but it lacks in AA.

Stuart444

Not enough info to say much but I hope this games good. Didn't get Battle of Z and I didn't like how a lot of the gameplay was based on guessing and luck in Ultimate Tenkaichi. (the story was nice though compared to a lot of the other attempts recently)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Can't wait for them to do a new generation reboot and only go to the end of the frieza saga again.

Eusis

They probably don't expect Xbox One to make any significant/relevant impact in Japan.
The real test may be localization admittedly anyway. Though it's kind of surprising to see it on 360 over there, I guess it's "eh sure why not" or they built enough of a DBZ base there.

Zalman

No.

Dragon Ball: Origins, Burst Limit, and Attack of the Saiyans are much better games than /that/ piece of shit.
Burst Limit had a limited (no pun intended) character roster and didn't even cover the Buu saga. I also hated the cutscenes that interrupted the flow of the gameplay.

I was mostly talking about the fighting games though. Origins and Attack of the Saiyans are decent.

yatesl

I want a Dragonball RPG, like that GBA one. Fighting games are all well and good, but there's only so many times you can briefly touch on it.

Give me a Dragonball Z: Rise of a Ninja, Ubisoft.

Silky

Banned
Burst Limit had a limited (no pun intended) character roster and didn't even cover the Buu saga. .

The developers of Burst Limit wanted to make a DBZ game that's extremely faithful to the game's lineage.

Even they knew Buu Saga was fucking stupid.\

The Naruto Storm series is based on the anime and it doesn't use cell shading.

...That image...is clearly cel-shaded...

the series has been cel-shaded since it's inception.

Top Bottom