• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Quest game for smartphones to be announced on June 3

Bullet Club

New Dragon Quest game for smartphones to be announced on June 3

A completely new Dragon Quest experience teased.

OMNd3nH.jpg

Square Enix will host an announcement presentation for a new Dragon Quest game for smartphones on June 3 at 12:00 JST, the company announced. You will able to watch it on YouTube and Niconico.

According to the press release, this will be a completely new title that promises to be a new “Dragon Quest experience” as never before seen.

The presentation event will feature MCs Kazuo Tokumitsu and Rio Hirai, and guests Kazuhiro Ozawa (of comedy duo Speed Wagon) and Dragon Quest series game designer Yuji Horii.

It should be noted that the “surprising” Dragon Quest news teased last week for the June 10-due issue of Weekly Jump is likely referencing this title.

Source: Gematsu

woopWOOP

I wanna get into DQ, but it's probably not gonna be through this "New Dragon Quest experience"

There isn't a Dragon Quest gacha game yet? Huh. Both the characters and monsters seem pretty recognizable to be used for a microtransaction style mobile game, so I'm guessing it's just gonna be one of those

zenspider

I wanna get into DQ, but it's probably not gonna be through this "New Dragon Quest experience"

There isn't a Dragon Quest gacha game yet? Huh. Both the characters and monsters seem pretty recognizable to be used for a microtransaction style mobile game, so I'm guessing it's just gonna be one of those

Builders, Heroes, and most all of the spinoffs have a lot of the charm of the main series. Any is a good entry point if you don't want to hunker down on a long JRPG. Masked Queen on Wii is a super fun entry point if you have the hardware and the inclination.

I'm pretty optimistic about a mobile entry. It's not like Builders 2 and XI-S aren't around the corner.

clem84

Gold Member
Very skeptical about this but I love this series so much I'll keep an open mind. It may turn out to be decent. I just hope the micro-transactions / 'pay to win' elements will be kept to a minimum.

Last edited:
Top Bottom