• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dreams update brings dungeon crawler built by Media Molecule and DreamShaping 2.0

Jubenhimer

I'm suprised its taking them this long to think about a PS5/PC version. Sony's already ported other PS4 games (Spider-Man, Ghosts of Tsushima, Death Stranding, Uncharted 4/Lost Legacy) maybe this is next on the list.

onQ123

Bringing this game to PS+, PC and doing some sort of mtx are good ideas and just seem to make common sense. It just makes it painfully obvious that Sony/Jimbo doesn't have this 'game' on their radar at all.
Such a shame. Best thing to do at this point is to dedicate a small team to maintain this beauty and the rest of MM move on and make a new game/IP.
Such a talented developer, I don't want to see them shut down.
It's not that simple because the game is compute rendered & coded to PS4 GPU & Alex Evans left Sony & joined Nvidia.

Miles708

I'm suprised its taking them this long to think about a PS5/PC version. Sony's already ported other PS4 games (Spider-Man, Ghosts of Tsushima, Death Stranding, Uncharted 4/Lost Legacy) maybe this is next on the list.

It's not as easy as it sounds because it would effectively fragment the audience, and PS5s are STILL hard to come by (and expensive)

Why isnt this on iOS yet?

Why doesn’t it have multiplayer yet?

iOS :messenger_grinning_squinting:
But yeah multiplayer should be next in line really.
I can only imagine it must be not easy regulating multiplayer when you have no idea what games your users will make.

Interfectum

Sad thing about life is that no one cares how amazing an invention is, if it can't reach mass appeal. :^(
The media and social media is to blame for that. If something isn't popular or disappoints on the market, that becomes the discussion around the product. Everything is a competition now.

Miles708

Sad thing about life is that no one cares how amazing an invention is, if it can't reach mass appeal. :^(

The media and social media is to blame for that. If something isn't popular or disappoints on the market, that becomes the discussion around the product. Everything is a competition now.

I blame gamers unreasonable hate boner for everything that's out of the ordinary, just to then also complain about samey AAA gaming.

I have absolutely 0 programming knowledge and still am making a great looking (if i can say so myself) space game.
Made all from scratch all in Dreams with my Dual Shock (but the ship and one enemy in the gif are not made by me, as i also have 0 design capabilities :messenger_tears_of_joy: ).

HOW FREAKING COOL IS THAT!

PlayStation4_.gif

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I miss Dreams since my PlayStation broke. There was so much potential here that Sony just couldn't understand how to market.

mckmas8808

Banned
I blame gamers unreasonable hate boner for everything that's out of the ordinary, just to then also complain about samey AAA gaming.

I have absolutely 0 programming knowledge and still am making a great looking (if i can say so myself) space game.
Made all from scratch all in Dreams with my Dual Shock (but the ship and one enemy in the gif are not made by me, as i also have 0 design capabilities :messenger_tears_of_joy: ).

PlayStation4_.gif

This looks great dude!!!

Miles708

This looks great dude!!!
Thanks man!
Yeah Dreams enables you to do a lot of things if you're willing to spend time on it.
I'm absolutely hopeless with Unity, Unreal and similar engines (despite trying time and time again) so in my opinion the fact that a game engine as accessible and "gamey-feeling" as Dreams exists at all is an absolute total miracle.

And most people still don't realize it.

Last edited:

Fbh

PlayStation4_.gif

That looks great.

But I don''t think most people have an unreasonable hate boner for this, it's just a niche genre that's going to appeal to a limited number of people. As it's now it's basically a scaled back but more noob friendly game engine..... That only works on playstation, has no online multiplayer capabilities and no way to turn your creation into a standalone release.

I think Sony could have done more with it. Online multiplayer would have given it a stronger social aspect, a PC release would have vastly expanded the audience as that's where a lot of people who are into creating stuff are. Being able to export the games and have them work as standalone releases would have been nice, like they could have had a tab on the PSN store with a curated highlight of games made in dreams

EDMIX

I'd imagine it would take a while as maybe how this game works is much more difficult to transfer over and make interchangeable.

PlayStation4_.gif

holy fucking shit thats amazing!

I'm not sure exactly what people expect from a PS5 native version. The game already run at 1440/60 and you can put a density of element on a PS5 creation that is such that on PS4 the game will crawl well under 30fps. Of course, you could have a REAL PS5 version, that, for example, utilize every feature of the DualSense controller or let you explore 3D audio, but II'm sure implementing these features on Dreams is quite a bit more complicated than what has been done for other PS4 ports and is going to split the audience because it will probably create problem of compatibility betweeen the PS5 and PS4 creations

Last edited:
Top Bottom