• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DRIVECLUB branding guidelines video shows spectacular visuals!

viveks86

Driveclub-1-670x376.jpg

The video (courtesy of our tipster @T_Zuck) was distributed to the entrants of a film contest centered on the game, and not only it includes the guidelines to handle the Driveclub brand, but also something a lot more interesting: a brief but lovely explanation of some of the visual effects used to make the game look more real.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/01/21/driveclubs-video-explains-the-secrets-of-the-ps4-exclusives-spectacular-visual-effects-and-more/

Is there a direct link to the video anywhere? I'm on my phone and it's not showing up on that page.
It's up on youtube now

Driveclub-21.jpg

Driveclub-41.jpg

Driveclub-61.jpg

Driveclub-71.jpg

Lots more in the video. First GIF wins my adoration for the next hour.

EDIT: 1st place

EDIT: Consolation prize

EDIT:

B-Roll footage is out!

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/01/22/more-fantastic-driveclub-1080p-footage-emerges-shows-beautiful-visuals-and-lots-of-racing/

Loads of (previously seen and unseen) assets available at http://mofilm.com/competitions/brand/India-2013/PlayStation-DriveClub

Gamescom HQ trailer: http://mofilm-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/Drive%20Assets/DC_GAMESCOM_GM_101_RP.mov

Phil4000

After seeing Project Cars its really not that impressive IMO...
Need to see some new direct feed footage. These 720p marketing trailers aren't indicative of the actual visuals.
Just look at the reveal trailer and the actual direct feed footage we got last year.

ZeroX03

Banned
Looks great.

Really hope they shook up the gameplay though, played this last year at a show and can't say I was a fan. But if it's free on PS+, who am I to complain?

Arklite

Looks good, wish they showed off more environments/tracks. Also saw on another screenshot that the drivers get racing suits, and thank god for that. I thought we'd be forced to play as TDU style douchebags

Amir0x

Banned
holy fuck the graphics in motion are insane

if i am playing a game that looks like that in a few months I am going to die with pleasure

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Project Cars is coming to PS4. We'll have plenty of time to compare it after both are released.

viveks86

Looks good, wish they showed off more environments/tracks. Also saw on another screenshot that the drivers get racing suits, and thank god for that. I thought we'd be forced to play as TDU style douchebags

You are going to be disappointed. It isn't from driveclub. PSM Italy either screwed up or is screwing with us. Forget it ever happened :)

Ora

Banned
Oh and someone needs to gif that Mercedes camera view that's overlooking the car from the front.

i-Lo

So far the game does look stunning.

Here's me hoping that one day they'll also make another entry into the Motorstorm franchise.

elfinke

Good video, great looking visuals. Thanks for sharing.

The marketing brouhaha was both a laugh and a reminder I need to update nextdoors letterhead, instead of whacking off on GAF.

The big takeaway from a design standpoint are the imperfections.

Really like that they're focusing on that. They seem to get graphics.

Mohonky

the environments though.. it's also running on a $400 machine.

Its running on a $400 machine? Well that just means pCars musnt exist then!

Argument gets old. The other product exists irrespective of what its on. I can play pCars on hardware I bought ages ago, so its currently at this point in time, cheaper than if I wanted to play this.

jett

D-Member
This seems to be a really old conceptual footage. I doubt there's anything to glance from this. A lot of it wouldn't look out of place next to the PS4 reveal footage, in fact some of it is from there. :p

Wow. The lighting, post-processing, and camera work come together nearly perfectly. The "Go Pro" style shots look especially cool.

Its running on a $400 machine? Well that just means pCars musnt exist then!

Argument gets old. The other product exists irrespective of what its on. I can play pCars on hardware I bought ages ago, so its currently at this point in time, cheaper than if I wanted to play this.

Project Cars does´nt look that good outside of incredible manufactured screenshots imo. Driveclub nails 2 things other races don´t, Enviroment and graphical imperfections, it needs to nail the 60fps either at 1080p or 720p upscaled to make it a clear winner of the eye candy.

Top Bottom