• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Driveclub footage looks stunning

Izayoi

Banned
I just wish they would release a full race @ 1080p60 through Gamersyde. That's all I'm asking for, just one race. I can't take all of these tiny little snippets anymore. :|

Saying that Forza 5 graphics suck because of this screen is a bit silly.
You would be right, but there are plenty of examples showing the game looking, shall we say... less than stellar.

Kinyou

I hate this argument. There's no proof one has had more development time than the other. You act like both started development on the same day. It's quite possible that even with the delay, Forza was in development for a longer period of time. We'll never know, so it's pointless to debate that aspect.
The problem is more that console specs aren't final for quite some time and the devs don't have much time to optimize

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Can't say I'm not amused at the launch game excuse being thrown out for Forza. Total reversal of the Forza/DriveClub comparisons at E3.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The 60 fps or no buy group were never going to buy it to begin with; Bunch of concern trolls. if the game was 60 fps there would be something else that would be a barrier to entry. They'd probably say something like, its too much of an arcade racer and not a Sim.

The funniest part of the "no 60, no buy" crowd is that if you have PS+ you don't need to buy this game to try it out. They would be able to play it and see if it was still worth a shot anyway.

I hate this argument. There's no proof one has had more development time than the other. You act like both started development on the same day. It's quite possible that even with the delay, Forza was in development for a longer period of time. We'll never know, so it's pointless to debate that aspect.

Given the release date of Forza 4, the sequel couldn't have started until at least early 2012. But you also have to account for the moving target of launch hardware, plus the pressure to make launch. This applies to ALL launch games, not just limited to Forza 5, so lets not pretend that doesn't exist. DC will be a much better/polished game now that it's not under the pressure to make launch, developers have more time to squeeze more power out of the PS4....and.... they're working on the final dev kit for much longer.

The fact that launch games suffer because of this is not something that's up for debate.

TTSupra

Banned
Given the release date of Forza 4, the sequel couldn't have started until at least early 2012. But you also have to account for the moving target of launch hardware, plus the pressure to make launch. This applies to ALL launch games, not just limited to Forza 5, so lets not pretend that doesn't exist. DC will be a much better/polished game now that it's not under the pressure to make launch, developers have more time to squeeze more power out of the PS4....and.... they're working on the final dev kit for much longer.

The fact that launch games suffer because of this is not something that's up for debate.

Guess Forza shouldn't have spent so much time on DLC and micro-transactions.

Salex_

Since when has sense of speed been attached to frame rate....? Has anyone ever played NFS, Blur, or pretty much every arcade style racing game? I hope they put a frame rate option in the menu to so some people (especially those who aren't even interested in the game) can stfu.

TheTwelve

Still free for PS+ members too??

I wouldn't even care if there were (sensible) microstransactions in Drive Club, in which case.

If it's not 60FPS then I'll
consider that perhaps my expectations are too high and because it looks like a fun game with gorgeous visuals I'll try it out and see how it is before I choose to
take my money elsewhere

Still free for PS+ members too??

I wouldn't even care if there were (sensible) microstransactions in Drive Club, in which case.

If the free version has microtransactions and the paid version is balanced around not having them.

:) I would applaud Sony for not taking the Forza route.

wapplew

r50JQfo.png

Sony just announce Drive club will be launch software at Japan launch date.
So I assume Driveclub release date should not later than Feb 22 rite?
So happy now.

Raist

Banned
r50JQfo.png

Sony just announce Drive club will be launch software at Japan launch date.
So I assume Driveclub release date should not later than Feb 22 rite?
So happy now.

Yeah, suspected it would come before ISS to fill in a gap. Should be a new thread btw.

MADGAME

That's actually a great idea. They should release a free demo track in January or something just so people can play and get a taste. Sony and MSoft should do stuff like this. Maybe for people with subscriptions.

I'd love to get my hands on it, even one track with a couple cars. Another Gaffer pointed out that it would take resources away from finishing the game, but surely at this stage they must have something they could provide with minimal resource allocation.

CCIE

Banned
Hell yes! I had a feeling we'd see Drive Club in January/February to address the "post-launch draught"

Excellent!

JimiNutz

Banned
Holy shit! That looks amazing!
Had PS4 launched with this I would have picked it up over X1 and Forza 5.

If this plays well I'll pick it and a PS4 up...

sekrit

Banned
Looks ok i guess. I'm not really fan of these shrunken tiny gifs though. They mask all the flaws pretty efficiently and can make even a bad looking game look decent.

orioto

Good Art™
Looks ok i guess. I'm not really fan of these shrunken tiny gifs though. They mask all the flaws pretty efficiently and can make even a bad looking game look decent.

Yeah this is clearly a bad looking game. You clearly see the low poly cars, compressed textures, 2d skybox and 2d crowds when full size.

.GqueB.

Banned
That cockpit view seems so... right? I don't play many racing games so I'm not really familiar with how they are supposed to look. There was something so legit about the way they treated that.

kriskrosbbk

Maybe you will get angry with the bump ,cause I am not the guy carrying the bag with news but I think its time Rushy to share with us some new footage already.

Top Bottom