• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DriveClub shots in response to GT6 annoucement

i-Lo

So much disapointment coming to fellow Gaffers...

Trust me, it doesnt look nearly as good as those screens.

Not yet.

I think most people know that the actual game will feature aliasing of some amount but besides that, I really can't tell what'll be different from these screens. So if you have some new info, share it or refrain from these cryptic teases.

I think most people know that the actual game will feature aliasing of some amount but besides that, I really can't tell what'll be different from these screens. So if you have some new info, share it or refrain from these cryptic teases.

We have already seen footage anyway. I think the footage looks more impressive. Flaws are more evident in screens.

orioto

Good Art™
Nice bombshell there from that Ricardo guy lol...

Except this isn't even bullshot of some sort cause those screens are from a vid and don't really have an IQ. They don't look crystal downsampled clean like the GT6 ones for exemple. And the geometry and textures are what a PS4 spec should be able to do, especially at 30 fps.

If PS4 early games don't look like that, good luck to sony with their 499€ console.
That said it's still amazing, but that's normal. Next gen is meant to be amazing. People thinking 7 years of tech difference is not noticeable are just delusional.

Except this isn't even bullshot of some sort cause those screens are from a vid and don't really have an IQ. They don't look crystal downsampled clean like the GT6 ones for exemple. And the geometry and textures are what a PS4 spec should be able to do, especially at 30 fps.

If PS4 early games don't look like that, good luck to sony with their 499€ console.
That said it's still amazing, but that's normal. Next gen is meant to be amazing. People thinking 7 years of tech difference is not noticeable are just delusional.

No I totally agree.

Looks stunning, but I think that that visual quality is the minimum expected.

Having said that, I believe the PS4 is well capable of exceeding the quality of those new screenshots. Perhaps not first gen games, perhaps the next.

Shayan

Banned
wow people are still comparing GT PS3 with Drive Club PS4?

Drive club looks way more impressive than GT. Its a next gen game. Theres no comparison

Having said that, GT6 is easily the best looking console racing game this.gen()

I didnt say it wont look like what has been shown, when released, but at this moment it looks slightly better than GT5.

Though I doubt it will look as shown, even on release. Don't start drooling right away, wait a few months.

Sorc3r3r

I didnt say it wont look like what has been shown, when released, but at this moment it looks slightly better than GT5.

Though I doubt it will look as shown, even on release. Don't start drooling right away, wait a few months.

Do you think or do you know then?
Is it an insider info or an opinion?

With the mess sony has managed to create showing killzone and motorstorm better to be sure on what we are seeing.

Foshy

2XmyX.png

https://twitter.com/DRIVECLUB/status/336381687179128832

More news "soon", apparently. Probably at E3.

waypoetic

Banned
I know some people were freaking out for the Killzone 2 bullshit trailer but THIS Motorstorm trailer was the trailer that got me going "oh ffs, that looks nothing like the actual game!" when the first Motorstorm came out - actually, none of the Motorstorm games looked as good as that.

Would be nice if Evolution did a Motorstorm 3 for the PS4 and it looking like That!

That's PS4 as a console will eventually support wheels is not even a question, I just hope that already existing wheels will work too (unlike 360 which needs tailor-made wheels). And obviously, that they will work on Driveclub.

The official Gran Turismo wheel uses the same input as all the Logitech/Fanatec wheels, they aren't going to block the use of these on PS4. Drive Club and every other racer will have wheel support from day 1.

I dunno, sounds like it could very well be open world to me

It's not, Southern in the presentation mentioned driving the best cars in the greatest locations in the world. Drive Club is WRC with sports/supercars, I 'm guessing the game will feature over 2000 miles of road split into stages across 14 countries.

Pistolero

I didnt say it wont look like what has been shown, when released, but at this moment it looks slightly better than GT5

Slightly better than the concept trailers of GT5, yes. But when we compare realtime, in-game footages (which I suppose Driveclub sequences represent), then it's a night and day difference.

Dead Man

The official Gran Turismo wheel uses the same input as all the Logitech/Fanatec wheels, they aren't going to block the use of these on PS4. Drive Club and every other racer will have wheel support from day 1.

It's not, Southern in the presentation mentioned driving the best cars in the greatest locations in the world. Drive Club is WRC with sports/supercars, I 'm guessing the game will feature over 2000 miles of road split into stages across 14 countries.

Yeah, no way PS4 doesn't work with current wheels, and I think you are right about WRC with sportcars for the design of this game.

Slightly better than the concept trailers of GT5, yes. But when we compare realtime, in-game footages (which I suppose Driveclub sequences represent), then it's a night and day difference.

Not refering to the concept trailers.

I was refering gameplay wise, but it it looks almost identical to what the GT5 E3 2010 trailer looks like (during gameplay).

Top Bottom