• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DS Lite colors on 6/13

Ril

Illuminati said:
nds_lite_eur_rojo.jpg

Didn't this firetruck red DS come in a Mario Kart DS bundle?

It was a DS Phat. Lime green looks hot.

Cherubae

VOOK said:
Those are so photoshopped it's not even funny... I mean any idiot in Photoshop can whip something up with a base White DS.

You may have a point, as I can't seem to find a press release anywhere and no mention of new colors on the Japanese news sites. The blue one looks to be the IceBlue color that was out at the initial DS Lite launch in Japan. It's the same color I already own.

I too have the neon green GBC :D

And a pink 360 controller :p

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I was kind of hoping that the colours would be a little more unique.

The Red Lite reminds me a lot of my Mario Kart DS bundle fat DS.

andthebeatgoeson

For Nintendo to stage their comeback, they must outflank the PSP starting with their front they opened up in Europe. Sony JPN is too busy focused on NA to realize they will die by a backstab, that starts in Europe and finishes via Russia, just like WWII.

Ceres

Banned
If this is legit and that red is even close to production color... bleh. I don't think warm colors work well when they're really rich like that.
Green is okay.
Aqua would be better as pale blue.

YYZ

People actually like these colours? Black is where it's at, these colours are way too flashy, no class at all. I don't mean to sound like an elitist, but I would have liked these colours back in middle school...maybe.

Hive

Banned
YYZ said:
People actually like these colours? Black is where it's at, these colours are way too flashy, no class at all. I don't mean to sound like an elitist, but I would have liked these colours back in middle school...maybe.

too pastel? I would love to see a black DS with some red trim outlines. Black is great, just don't forget to clean it cause ya' can't see the dirt!

nli10

Euro colour launches come with a high profile 1st party game usually.

Only Spain DS game for that week is High School Musical 2... :(

We get the cookbook at a similar date in the UK though so they might be coming here too.

White is still the classy option though. :D

crops55

Originally Posted by Weenerz:
Wait a minute, where exactly is the PSP outselling the DS?
Of course it's Japan. Two words: Monster Hunter.

And possibly because everyone there already has one. Nintendo's running out of Japanese to sell them to.

I'm partial to the red. However, I'm really not that big on accessorizing my gaming habit if I already own the system. Plus, Nintendo has already sold me enough glossy plastic thanks to the Wii's orgy of white components sitting next to my TV.

Sagitario

What are the normal/common [not special editions] DS colors released in America so far?

I plan on getting a DSLite [I'm tired of my fatty] by July... [I sooo want a navy blue :(]

Ceres

Banned
Farore said:
What are the normal/common [not special editions] DS colors released in America so far?

I plan on getting a DSLite [I'm tired of my fatty] by July... [I sooo want a navy blue :(]

The blue is a Cobalt/Black DS. No solid blue available. There was also a Red/Black (which I think you could only get with Brain Age 2 but it's now no longer available or something)

Otherwise, black, white, & pink.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Holy shit, this is exactly what Nintendo does when something outsells the console...

Sagitario

Ceres said:
The blue is a Cobalt/Black DS. No solid blue available. There was also a Red/Black (which I think you could only get with Brain Age 2 but it's now no longer available or something)

Otherwise, black, white, & pink.

flight2.jpg

Only those?

:(

jts

...hate me...

Supa

Kadey said:
Ugly, every single one of them. But I'll probably still get them.
Jeeez, is that a joke or are you an obsessive collector? Just get a bag of M&M's instead, it includes more colors and it's cheaper too!

Vinci

Danish
I wish people would lose those pics of the black Wii. Every time I see it, I think, "I could sell something ... anything ... and afford that. I could. 'Cause, you know, I really want it. Really. Oh fuck, I'm bargaining with myself again."

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Supa said:
Jeeez, is that a joke or are you an obsessive collector? Just get a bag of M&M's instead, it includes more colors and it's cheaper too!

-=SLAP=- Candy is bad.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Supa said:

It's Kadey so it's definitely not a joke.

Cdammen

Kadey said:
Ugly, every single one of them. But I'll probably still get them.
Wow Kadey, that's fucking scary.

I'll buy the Azul, if it's not fake news. Looks exactly like the japanese Ice Blue, I've always wanted to buy an NDS lite and now I can have my favorite color without the risk of getting customs when importing.

KTallguy

Banned
I'm a fan of my Silver one. It's nice and nondescript.
I also have a nice leather case on it.
I use it as a dictionary a lot on the train, and people think I paid $200 for it or something :lol

Supa

Oh god so he is serious. Well...

Kadey said:
-=SLAP=- Candy is bad.
It's not like you were going to eat the candy, you were going to put it in a glass jar to preserve it for all eternity as a true collector would. Except cheaper :D

bumpkin

My only question is are newer DS'es using the nice screens or the shitty ones the Brain Age 2 DS used? One of the hinges on my launch model has finally cracked, so I think its number may be up soon.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Vinci said:
I wish people would lose those pics of the black Wii. Every time I see it, I think, "I could sell something ... anything ... and afford that. I could. 'Cause, you know, I really want it. Really. Oh fuck, I'm bargaining with myself again."
XD How about all those non trnasferable save files and VC titles...

Is there something I'm not getting or do Wii colors changes just not work...

Top Bottom