• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DS Lite colors on 6/13

Adumaha said:
xlwaxl.jpg

Iron man custom colours!

Nice :D

Adumaha said:
I may have to buy my fourth DS...

Wait what?

Luigison

AdventureRacing said:
Nice :D

Wait what?
Hive said:

Reading all of a long thread is sometimes difficult, but you should at least read all of the post your are commenting about. (Sorry if my sarcasm sensors aren't working. I'm I bit under the weather today.)

Edit: After rereading your post it appears you are asking why he already has three DSs. My bad. No more meds for me today.

sk3tch

bumpkin said:
My only question is are newer DS'es using the nice screens or the shitty ones the Brain Age 2 DS used? One of the hinges on my launch model has finally cracked, so I think its number may be up soon.

It can be a crapshoot. I got back into the DS with the Cobalt/Black model that was released earlier this year. I was very pleasantly surprised with the quality of the screens. Bright and sharp like my (former) white DS Lite.

I got nuts for Pokemon (again) and decided to buy a 2nd DS to trade with (I'm old, so no friends into the games) - I bought a Crimson/Black off of Amazon (so I know it was a newer one) in March and the screens were horribly yellow. Very, very distracting. I ended up returning it and I'm still sitting on the Cobalt/Black. The new colors have me tempted. I'm thinking new = better screens.

Nizz

hyduK said:
Can't say I like those colors, but oh well.

Now release some new Wii colors.
That's what I want. I want one of those black Wii's they showed back when they first unveiled the console. I remember they showed the white one, black one, red one and I think green. New DS Lite colors are never a bad thing...

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/2008/new_ds_colours_and_cooking_guide_on_the_way_8529.html

Nintnedo said:
New DS colours and Cooking Guide on the way

21 May 2008 - Get ready for a double treat this summer as the season is set to be full of tasty food and colourful new Nintendo DS Lites!

Preparing breakfast, lunch and dinner with Cooking Guide: Can’t Decide What To Eat? on one of three exciting new Nintendo DS Lite colours of Red, Turquoise or Green - a European first for that colour - is set to be a whole new mouth-watering experience!

Cooking Guide: Can’t Decide What to Eat? Goes beyond the capabilities of printed cookbooks and literally talks budding chefs step-by-step through all the processes involved in cooking a tasty dish. With its numerous international recipe choices, dish search options, videos and simple step-by-step guides to choosing, preparing and cooking a dish, Cooking Guide: Can’t Decide What to Eat? can turn even the most hesitant of cooks into confident chefs. Cooks control the software through the Nintendo DS’s Touch Screen and by the user’s voice via the handheld’s microphone. It is simple for everyone to use, no matter what their previous experience – either with a Nintendo DS or in the kitchen!

Featuring approximately 250 international dishes, finding the perfect recipe to cook has never been so fun! The recipes are broken down into easily searchable groups so that a person can discover the perfect dish by country, ingredient, difficulty level or even amount of calories in a dish, to name but a few. There are so many options available everyone will be catered for!

Once a decision has been made about what to eat, users can set about creating a culinary masterpiece with the Cooking Guide chef who will talk you through each step of the way. As your hands will be busy preparing and cooking the ingredients, simply speak into the Nintendo DS’s microphone to progress through each stage of the recipe. Each step can be repeated as many times as necessary, so you can prepare your meal at your own pace.

Not sure how to use a certain utensil or the ideal substitute for an ingredient? Cooking Guide: Can’t Decide What To Eat? can tell you all you need to know with its handy Cooking A-Z. Providing in-depth illustrated details on everything from chopping techniques to explaining cooking terminology, no query will be left unanswered. It can also create a handy shopping list for that all-important visit to the supermarket and can even be used as a kitchen timer!

Containing a plethora of recipes and a range of helpful and easy to use functions, Cooking Guide: Can’t Decide What To Eat will be a useful addition to anyone’s kitchen.

With the vibrant new Red, Turquoise and Green Nintendo DS Lites hitting shelves across Europe on 13 June 2008 and Cooking Guide: Can’t Decide What To Eat? arriving on 20 June 2008, Summer has never looked so appetising!

Hive

Banned
Anasui Kishibe said:
I totally need a new DS, my white one has so many ugly stains and screen's become so unsensitive I will def buy the RED RAD one

For those of you with a WHITE DS, make sure to use bleach for the L+R buttons. ^o^ That will take the ivory film away

The green DS Lite does look really nice. The red is a bit deeper than I'd like but not bad. I can take or leave the turquoise.

For some reason, Nintendo seem to get the colours right most of the time, where as Sony can't quite nail it much of the time. I think the only PSP colours I like are black, white, silver, blood red and mint green.

kittel

Mr. Pointy said:
The green DS Lite does look really nice. The red is a bit deeper than I'd like but not bad. I can take or leave the turquoise.

For some reason, Nintendo seem to get the colours right most of the time, where as Sony can't quite nail it much of the time. I think the only PSP colours I like are black, white, silver, blood red and mint green.

ditto

Miyahon

bumpkin said:
My only question is are newer DS'es using the nice screens or the shitty ones the Brain Age 2 DS used? One of the hinges on my launch model has finally cracked, so I think its number may be up soon.

Did Nintendo solve the cracked hinge problem?

I actually haven't touched my DS since the end of 2006 and was surprised to see that a hinge was cracked. :lol

I only brought it out to test the DS download service on the Wii.

Now I probably have to pay to get it fixed even though I rarely ever used it.

NomarTyme

Miyahon said:
Did Nintendo solve the cracked hinge problem?

I actually haven't touched my DS since the end of 2006 and was surprised to see that a hinge was cracked. :lol

I only brought it out to test the DS download service on the Wii.

Now I probably have to pay to get it fixed even though I rarely ever used it.
Why bother to fix it then? I have the crack hinge also, but thankfully it hasn't gotten any worse.

Hive

Banned
Speaking of hardware problems.. my DSLite's speakers blew out. When I plug in any headset, sounds are missing and the volume output is cut to half. It's not fun for playing Band Bros., ya kno? ^o^

Miyahon

NomarTyme said:
Why bother to fix it then? I have the crack hinge also, but thankfully it hasn't gotten any worse.

I'm just worried that the crack will get bigger and then the top screen will fall off.

Plus I've probably only put in about 20-30 hours of total play time with it.

I didn't drop it and the DS is in its own case to protect it.

NomarTyme

Miyahon said:
I'm just worried that the crack will get bigger and then the top screen will fall off.

Plus I've probably only put in about 20-30 hours of total play time with it.

I didn't drop it and the DS is in its own case to protect it.
I wouldn't worry that much. I discovered my crack a year half of ago, and the crack is still the same size.

CoilShot

Does anyone know if the lime green DS is hitting the US or even Japan? I would preorder either way but I can't seem to find any preorder sites in english at least.

Gav

Ok, so these are out tomorrow and im thinking about picking one up.
I already own a Phat, is it worth the cash to upgrade?

Stocka

Tempted to get the Lime Green one. I have a silver DS Phat, how much would I get for trade-in if I traded it in for the purchase of a Lite?

Leezard

Stocka said:
Tempted to get the Lime Green one. I have a silver DS Phat, how much would I get for trade-in if I traded it in for the purchase of a Lite?

I'm in the same seat here. I have a launch DS phat, and after playing a bit on my brothers Lite, I feel very inclined to buy one.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
If they released a deep pink DS like this sexy little Game Boy Micro, I'd buy another DS Lite so fast.

The current pink one is kind of a light doodie pink, it stinks and I don't like it.

e8vmkw.jpg

Gav

Well, Ive just been to buy a new Lite to replace my Phat.
Actually never having used a Lite for a proper amount of time before, the difference is incredible compared to the old DS.

And i bought the Red one. Its a thing of beauty :D

Leonsito

I saw them yesterday in person, the red and green are beautiful, the red one looks a bit like a toy, the lime green is the best imo.

Captain N

Gav said:
Well, Ive just been to buy a new Lite to replace my Phat.
Actually never having used a Lite for a proper amount of time before, the difference is incredible compared to the old DS.

And i bought the Red one. Its a thing of beauty :D

Do you think there is Any way you could take some photos of this thing of beauty?

Sule

Holy shit at the red one! How big are these colors going to be? Any big marketing push behind this? Because this is the first time they're releasing colors worth owning multiple lites for (besides the white and black one).

Top Bottom