• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DualShock 4 Controller Patented By Sony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

And it looks like it has buttons on the grips for easy pressing, much like the paddles of the Xbox Elite controller.

s6kkPbQ.jpg

uF64YYX.jpg

EDIT: This is either a new design or a modular version:
6tdp9Yx.jpg

More here: http://ipforce.jp/patent-jp-A-2016-106297

Looks pretty cool. I need a new controller soon so might pick one up if they aren't too expensive. I claw though so paddles are useless to me.

killroy87

PS4 controller with thumbsticks in Xbox-style placement would be my favorite controller of all time.

Love my Elite One controller, would pick up something similar for Ps4 in a heartbeat

Definitely not Neo, this will be sold as an optional extra at a high margin.

But Neo will help its cause, that is, a high end controller to go with your new high end PS4.

Venom Fox

Banned
The bottom image isn't the same controller is it? The middle looks totally different. Fucking excited though! Bring on the Pro controller.

Minions

Don't see it state battery capacity anywhere. Hopefully the build quality is better than the current DS4. More controller options is always a plus.

etta

my hard graphic balls
OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT PLEASE HAVE BETTER TRIGGERS PLS PLS PLS I will insta-buy if it has better triggers. The current ones feel so cheap to squeeze.

Orayn

It's good to remember that patent drawings don't necessarily correspond to a specific new model. A lot of the time they just show now features being slapped onto an existing one just to show how they would work.

Kyoufu

The bottom image isn't the same controller is it? The middle looks totally different. Fucking excited though! Bring on the Pro controller.

I'm not sure. Filed under one patent so I figured it'd be the same product. I'm not sure how patents usually work so if they're two different controllers I'll update the OP.

DS4 feels great in my hands, a bit heavy compared to DS3 but it might be their best controller ever. Just don't be a cheap bastard sony when picking your production line.

Venom Fox

Banned
I'm not sure. Filed under one patent so I figured it'd be the same product. I'm not sure how patents usually work so if they're two different controllers I'll update the OP.
Cheers man. I'm really curious as to whether it is modular though. Good idea if true because it'll allow for a huge amount of combinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom