• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Easter Egg Challenger of the Year Appears: Playing as Animals in GTA V

There are 27 doses of Peyote laying around Los Santos in the new versions of GTA V. Getting high off of this allows you to play as a random animal. Apparently they all have fully functional controls with a special move. For example a Seagull that poops

Seagull
http://youtu.be/vZ-idVb1X04
K1GweQD.gif

Cat
http://youtu.be/KKsg3bsyr-I

fBRY6RN.gif

Please let us know if you find anymore or what other animals are playable

Poo if old.

Edit:
From GTAForums: List of currently confirmed playable animals

Boar
Bull Shark
Cat
Chicken
Cougar
Cow
Coyote
Crow
Deer
Dog (various breeds - Australian Shepherd/Labrador Retriever/Poodle/Pug/Rottweiler/different Siberian Huskies/West Highland White Terrier)
Dolphin
Fish
Hammerhead Shark
Hawk
Orca/Killer Whale
Pig
Pigeon
Rabbit
Seagull
Stingray

Update 1:

Boar
98QJWYm.gif

Update 2:

SHARKS AND SEA CREATURES CONFIRMED:

Someone on reddit posted a video playing as a shark:

http://youtu.be/GFZ8WUVIWeI

This is the only way I'll ever be able to explore the depths of the ocean.

Hasney

This is awesome, I may have to get on this sooner than planned.

Can the animals be used first person as well?

DrTeflon

Yep, i'm not ok with that cat gif. But what can you expect from a game where you can kill pretty much everyone. Still a cool easter egg.

Camisado

Seeing as you play as them by collecting a collectable, does that mean playing with them is a one time deal? I'd really love to just go back to playing as a seagull every couple of hours, just to chill out and poop on people.

... Weirdest sentence I've ever written.

maxcriden

Glad that .gif you guys are talking about isn't loading for me. I hate that the game has animals in it now.

Are there also kids in GTA games now?

Yep, i'm not ok with that cat gif. But what can you expect from a game where you can kill pretty much everyone. Still a cool easter egg.

You should not be okay with how overly reactive the pedestrians/cops are.

DID YOU JUST BUMP INTO ME THAT'S A STAR/I'M CALLING THE COPS.

Alienous

Seeing as you play as them by collecting a collectable, does that mean playing with them is a one time deal? I'd really love to just go back to playing as a seagull every couple of hours, just to chill out and poop on people.

... Weirdest sentence I've ever written.

I feel like Rockstar are smart enough to know that people will want to replay the sequences.

Maybe it opens up when you find all the Peyote locations?

Thanks for spelling the easter egg out in the thread title.

Yep I dont particularly care but thread title is a spoiler. People gon be mad.

This would be neat though if you could continually play as them. Is there a time limit or something? Or maybe you can until you're beat to death by the police or stomped by some random dude.

Daffy Duck

Are these one time only deals? Would be amazing to pop by every so often and be a seagull.

What's that?

Also, this game is looking more and more appealing. Guess I'm in for the PS4 version, given there's no way I'll ever own a PC that'll play it at 60fps.

see here

Beware though it's a story spoiler.

You people serious with the spoiler accusation? A spoiler is telling you what happens in the story of the game, not some random side-mechanic that can be easily overlooked when playing the game.

Top Bottom