• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EGM, January 08 (Galaxy, NiGHTS, AC, Rock Band reviewed)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Lock if old, but I don't remember anything on it.

Reviews:

Galaxy- 9.5, 10, 10
NiGHTS- 7,7.5,7
RE:UC- 7.5,7.5, 6
SC Legends- 6,7, 4.5
TC:NB- 5,4,6
Assassin's Creed- 7,6, 4.5
NCAA Hoops- 2k8 7.5, 7, 7
NCAA March Madness- 6,7.5, 6.5
Rock Band- 9, 9.5, 9
MX vs. ATV- 6, 7, 5
TC4- 3.5, 4, 3.5
Mario Party DS- 6.5, 6.5, 6.5
SOCOM- 6, 6.5 ,6.5

Rumors

Bizarre making the new James Bond game

EA Chicago was making a Guitar Hero inspired action game

Exclusive Front Mission heading to 360, but exclusive Square sequel heading to PS3.

Nintendo cancelled 1st party game because developers wanted to let players customize their Mii's

Need for Speed will fluctuate between realistic and arcade style

THG making action game based on Warhammer toy line

FF:CC Crystal Bearers "appears to be in trouble"

SF IV Info:

-Producer is Yoshinori Ono, who worked on SF Alpha, SF III, and oversaw Capcom Fighting Revolution

-Ono wants it to be the "second coming" of SF II. Wants it to feel like "homecoming" for SF II fans.

-Online play is planned with potential for microtransactions such as new characters and stages

-The look is not really similiar to the teaser trailer. A "cartoon-shaded style that manages to evoke SF II reimagined in 3d"

- runs in 60FPS

- Gameplay sticking with 2D- Ono wants to "preserve the strategic nature of SF II"

-camera doesn't budge

- Trying to get "as many SFII characters in as possible"

- Takes place after SFII Turbo and before SF III

-Controls are traditional- "in its current early state, the game feels remarkably close to Super SFII Turbo"

- Game is more aggressive- more about attacking than defending. Many of the SF III and Alpha gameplay systems have been scrapped.

- Producer says they haven't decided what platforms or even if there will be an arcade version. Version Shane played was running on a P.C

- Ono suggests Capcom could make a PS2 or DS version if "they deem the market suitable"

-Ono not enthusiastic about making it an exclusive- wants to get it out on as many platforms as possible

LEGO Batman 1st details

Wii/PS3/360/P2/PSP/DS

- A ton of Batman's worst enemies escape from Arkham

- can play through the entire story as villains

Catwoman, Killer Croc, Scarecrow, Joker, Harley Quinn, Penguin confirmed

Tecmo Bowl listed as coming for 360/PS3, Summer 08 release date

Next Month

Smash Brothers "blow out'

Previews of: GTA IV, Alan Wake, Killzone 2, FF 13, Wii Fit. Fable 2, Samba Di Amigo, God of War PSP

Reviews: DMC4, NFL Tour, Endless Ocean, Burnout, Rygar

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Trauma Center: New Blood is underscored, imo. Granted, it is a very niche game, but a 4? That's just silly.

I remember someone on a 1up podcast saying that he was giving AC "the lowest score in the industry", Forgot who he is at the moment :lol

Cardon

Wow at the 4.5 for AC. To me the game has its fair share of issues but that seems to be a bit too low.

rage1973

schuelma said:
Lock if old, but I don't remember anything on it.

Reviews:

Galaxy- 9.5, 10, 10
NiGHTS- 7,7.5,7
RE:UC- 7.5,7.5, 6
SC Legends- 6,7, 4.5
Assassin's Creed- 7,6, 4.5
NCAA Hoops- 2k8 7.5, 7, 7
NCAA March Madness- 6,7.5, 6.5
Rock Band- 9, 9.5, 9
MX vs. ATV- 6, 7, 5
TC4- 3.5, 4, 3.5
Mario Party DS- 6.5, 6.5, 6.5
SOCOM- 6, 6.5 ,6.5

EGM is retarded for giving AC a 4.5 and less than 6 average.
It may not be GOY but it's still a quality game deserving of an 8.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Give me a few minutes on the SF stuff. I should be studying for my law school exam :lol

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Yeah, EGM is about as good as Famitsu for reviews, and I already know how good most of these games are. Where are the rumors? That's all EGM is good for.

Edit: TY! OP for adding them so soon! :D

I watched my brother play AC last night for a few hours, and it didnt seem like the terrible game everyone says it is. It seems sorta like ******, where you are methodically setting up for the kill. I might have to pick it up, hoping the PS3 bugs are ironed out.

ethelred

schuelma said:
Exclusive Front Mission heading to 360

Yum. I'm fully on board this. Best thing of all, there's no possible way a Front Mission game could be released on the 360 of all consoles and not get localized. Hopefully it's a real Front Mission game, though, and not a Armored Core-styled spinoff or a FMO game.

schuelma said:
FF:CC Crystal Bearers "appears to be in trouble"

No shit.

Firestorm

schuelma said:
Reviews:

What the hell.

Rumors
Nintendo cancelled 1st party game because developers wanted to let players customize their Mii's
pikmin.jpg

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Hope the 360 Front Mission comes to fruition... Sucks to hear about Crystal Bearers, definitely one of the better-looking Wii titles.

bengraven

Oh God, please don't let this be Animal Crossing. Not only am I an AC freak, but I just got the girlfriend addicted to it hardcore.

Firestorm

bengraven said:
Oh God, please don't let this be Animal Crossing. Not only am I an AC freak, but I just got the girlfriend addicted to it hardcore.

Um. There's no way in hell Nintendo would cancel one of their biggest franchises in Japan.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ethelred said:

What, you mean it's abnormal for a game to be announced as a launch-window title, disappear for a year, show up as a completely different game with no information available, disappear for another year, and still have no information, projected release date, completion percentage, or real-time media released? Whachoo talkin' about?

Top Bottom