• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EGM, January 08 (Galaxy, NiGHTS, AC, Rock Band reviewed)

Kittonwy

Banned
MassiveAttack said:
A 4.5 for AC???

Oh dear.

My guess is that the score is from Crispin, not that I would disagree with him or anything.
Indifferent2.gif

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Rumors

Bizarre making the new James Bond game - FU Activision/Vivendi
EA Chicago was making a Guitar Hero inspired action game - ...sorta like Brutal Legends from Vivendi/DoubleFine?
Exclusive Front Mission heading to 360 - FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nintendo cancelled 1st party game because developers wanted to let players customize their Mii's - :lol
Need for Speed will fluctuate between realistic and arcade style - don't care
THG making action game based on Warhammer toy line - :lol don't care
FF:CC Crystal Bearers "appears to be in trouble" - Why? :(
Please let FM be true! Please let FM be true! Please let FM be true! Please let FM be true! Please let FM be true! Please let FM be true! Please let FM be true! Please let FM be true! Please let FM be true! Please let FM be true! Please let FM be true! Please let FM be true! Please let FM be true! Please let FM be true! Please let FM be true! Please let FM be true! Please let FM be true! Please let FM be true! Please let FM be true! Please let FM be true! Please let FM be true! Please let FM be true! Please let FM be true! Please let FM be true!

ethelred

PantherLotus said:
plz clarify rumors! 'cause those fucking suck.

They do? From my perspective, they pretty well fucking rock.

New Front Mission! For the US! :D

PantherLotus said:
doesn't FFCCCB release at the end of the month in Japan? What does "in trouble" mean?

No. Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon 3 is coming out this month in Japan, and Crystal Chronicles: Little King is coming out in March. Nothing has been seen of Crystal Bearers in ages, and every promised appearance where it was supposed to be playable, the game's been yanked. Who really cares about it at this point?

Clipjoint

I don't understand how anyone could give Assassin's Creed a 4.5

There is too much they did well in that game to justify that score.

Firestorm

PantherLotus said:
doesn't FFCCCB release at the end of the month in Japan? What does "in trouble" mean?

Probably means it won't be releasing in Japan at the end of the month. Although wasn't that the DS version, Ring of Fates? Crystal Bearer's is the Wii version.

kIdMuScLe

Milhouse31 said:
I don't understand that one o_O

did nintendo cancel the game because it was goint to give us the option to customize the mii's or they cancel the game because other developers wanted to give us the option of customizing the mii's?

Milhouse31 said:
It has begun
One team is working on a racer for Activision, Shitstorm is finishing up the Club atm, if anyone is working on it- it would be them.
However I thought Treyarch was on it.

Also :lol perfectchaos007, want a ban bet? There is no way Animal Crossing is cancelled.

jarrod

Banned
The Nintendo cancellation (if true) sounds more like something that would happen with an NST or Retro game than internally at EAD imo, and more likely a new project rather than a franchise sequel. I think AC and Pikmin are probably safe honestly.

Yikes... and penny arcade didn't like the 7 it got in EGM/1up

Just so everyone knows... a 4.5 falls under the "bad" category in EGM

orio7 said:
Real Front Mission or bust.

return Yoshitaka Amano style of FM1 and Gun Hazard! :D

Isn't Tsuchida busy with FFXIII right now, though? Unless the new Front Mission is being headed by someone else, in which case I have little interest.

Best case scenario, if the rumor is true, is that Tsuchida is doing both XIII (battle system) and directing FM-360.

Firestorm said:
Probably means it won't be releasing in Japan at the end of the month. Although wasn't that the DS version, Ring of Fates? Crystal Bearer's is the Wii version.
Didn't Ring of Fates come out weeks ago?

RumFore

Banned
Nintendo cancelled 1st party game because developers wanted to let players customize their Mii's

Uh? Any word on what game this may be? Why is Nintendo so opposed to things like this?

Kittonwy

Banned
rage1973 said:
EGM is retarded for giving AC a 4.5 and less than 6 average.
It may not be GOY but it's still a quality game deserving of an 8.

You're confusing AC with Jade Raymond, she only worked as the game's producer. I'm kind of surprised we don't have more media outlets judging AC the way Donahoe and Crispin did, when even IGNXBOX didn't find the game deserving of an 8.
Indifferent2.gif

How reliable is EGM's rumour mill?

The FFCC:CB thing is certainly plausible given the apparent development history to date and the lack of any real media or information, but anyone could claim it's in trouble based on what little we know.

As for the Nintendo rumour... well, I'd be astonished if an internally developed game got shitcanned over Mii customisation, unless the whole purpose of the game itself was to customise your Mii. If it was simply an element that was objected to, I'd imagine it could have been stripped out.

kbear

Way too critical with Assassin's Creed... a 4.5? Come on. It seems like they unfairly judged it... made the review standards much higher for whatever reason. Maybe to be contrarian? to make it seem EGM has higher standards than other mags like EDGE does with their review scores? That game is not a 4.5, or even a 6 or 7. Embarrassing..

Dartastic

Clipjoint said:

And there are too many things that they did poorly as well. Remember, 4.5 is barely below average. They're not saying it's BAD, but they're saying it's slightly below average. That being said, I don't agree with the score either. I'm playing through it right now, and I'm of the feeling that the 6.5 range is right about there. It's just too monotonous.

Danielsan

I'm glad that I no longer buy games purely based on reviews. Assasin's Creed may not be a 9+ game but it certainly isn't a 4.5 or a 6 for that matter.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
SF IV info is up. I apologize if its incomplete or missing stuff SF IV nuts think are important- not a fighting guy. :)

kbear

Kittonwy said:
You're confusing AC with Jade Raymond, she only worked as the game's producer. I'm kind of surprised we don't have more media outlets judging AC the way Donahoe and Crispin did, when even IGNXBOX didn't find the game deserving of an 8.
Indifferent2.gif
Did you even play the game? If you want impressions from REAL gamers, just take a look at the Official AC thread here at GAF. The vast majority of impressions are very positive. A 4.5 is ridiculous.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
TheJollyCorner said:
return Yoshitaka Amano style of FM1 and Gun Hazard! :D

Isn't Tsuchida busy with FFXIII right now, though? Unless the new Front Mission is being headed by someone else, in which case I have little interest.

Best case scenario, if the rumor is true, is that Tsuchida is doing both XIII (battle system) and directing FM-360.
Has Tsuchida ever directed a Front Mission game? I noticed he was credited as a producer on the original SNES game, not a director. Has he been the director since then? I know he didn't direct Front Mission 5 either, that was Shintaro Tamai. As far as I know he's always been the producer of the series.

I am wondering who would do the art though, I doubt it's Amano (I'd be happily surprised if it was though :D), and Naora is kinda busy isn't he?

Darkman M

-Online play is planned with potential for microtransactions such as new characters and stages

Pretty much confirmed 360/ps3?

Clipjoint

Dartastic said:
And there are too many things that they did poorly as well. Remember, 4.5 is barely below average. They're not saying it's BAD, but they're saying it's slightly below average. That being said, I don't agree with the score either. I'm playing through it right now, and I'm of the feeling that the 6.5 range is right about there. It's just too monotonous.

For EGM, 4.5 ranks as BAD. And I'm also playing through it, while I found it monotonous with the GPS enabled, it's a much better game if you take the time to play it without the GPS. But regardless, I don't believe monotony drops a game to a 4.5 when it has amazing visuals, a world no game has ever explored before, and such a great story. The production value alone is better than 80% of the games out there.

You have to really HATE the game to give it a 4.5

Clipjoint said:

Personally, I couldn't continue after the 4th assassination because of the unskippable cutscenes and repetitive gameplay.

traveler

Not Wario
Some of you people must really not keep up with 1up/EGM

-We already knew about the 9.5 for Galaxy. There was a huge cryfest a month ago or so.
-All of Crispin's thoughts on AC so far have hinted at a score like this. Frankly, I'm surprised it wasn't lower.
-The Nights 2 scores are good, not bad. I wouldn't cancel your preorder over 7 range scores from them, especially if you like the old Nights.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I think the Nintendo cancellation rumor means that Nintendo scraped a game to put together tools to allow customizable Miis in 3rd party games.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Darkman M said:
-Online play is planned with potential for microtransactions such as new characters and stages

Pretty much confirmed 360/ps3?

The tone of the interview suggested PS3/360 with a high high probability of Wii/PS2/DS/ Gameboy/N64 down the road.

Boerseun

Banned
*yawn*
More incompetent reviews from an irrelevant outlet.

Really, why even make a thread about it?
*yawn*

Top Bottom