• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EGM, January 08 (Galaxy, NiGHTS, AC, Rock Band reviewed)

Gigglepoo

schuelma said:
- Ono suggests Capcom could make a PS2 or DS version if "they deem the market suitable"

Damn! I honestly thought that said "DC" at first. Street Fighter IV for the Dreamcast would be pretty sweet. :D

Darkman M

-Producer is Yoshinori Ono, who worked on SF Alpha, SF III, and oversaw Capcom Fighting Revolution

-Ono wants it to be the "second coming" of SF II. Wants it to feel like "homecoming" for SF II fans.

- runs in 60FPS

- Gameplay sticking with 2D- Ono wants to "preserve the strategic nature of SF II"

-camera doesn't budge

All this sounds excellent :D

jarrod

Banned
schuelma said:
Version Shane played was running on a P.C
Gee, let me guess the specs...

CPU: Celeron 2.5 GHz, 400 MHz FSB (upgradeable to Pentium 4 2.8 GHz, 800 MHz FSB)
Chipset: Intel 865G
RAM: DDR266 DIMM 256MB (upgradeable to DDR400 2GB)
GPU: ATI Radeon 9200SE (128 MB) through to X800XT (256 MB)
Sound: AC97 onboard 6 channel audio CODEC
LAN: On-board, 10/100 BASE-TX
Storage: 2ch Parallel ATA, 2ch Serial ATA
Other: 4 x USB port (1.1 & 2.0 compatible), 1 x parallel port, 2 x PS/2
Audio inputs: Microphone (stereo pin-jack), line-in (stereo pin-jack)
Audio outputs: line-out (stereo pin-jack), SPDI/F

;)

SOme of that SFIV info sounds good and others it's just "DO NOT WANT" so now I'm still really not sure how this game will turn out.

thanks

I will pay any microrape transactions for anything SF (and to an even bigger extent, if it had a presence on next-gen consoles, SNK). Everything else sounds great to me, I wasn't a big fan of SFIII. Huge fan of Alpha 3 and II though. I still think they should just make a CVS3 and end KOFXI's winning streak of greatest 2D fighter ever. Seriously if CVS3 ever happens, I'll never buy another fighter again, because I wouldn't need to. All other video games in general would probably pale in comparison as well.

Milhouse31 said:
I'm not too concerned about FFCC:CB lack of info. It's Square we are talking about.

The game had a brief trailer appearance in 2006, disappeared for the best part of a year then reappeared with a completely different look (and apparently a completely different game system) for another trailer appearance & a couple of pages in Famitsu then promptly vanished again and isn't scheduled to even make a trailer appearance at Squenix's next major media event.

This is beginning to look less like Nintendo's Battalion Wars II and a lot more like Squenix's Crisis Core.

Krowley

I tried assassins creed saturday night, and there may be serious problems with it, but I think it probably deserves at least an 8 just for being so slickly made and good looking.

It's one of the best looking/animated games I've ever seen. The attention to detail is pretty sick.

On FFCC... I was just thinking the other day that the game might be in trouble. The lack of information on it has been worrisome.

The cancelation from nintendo is kind of scary. I hope it wasn't something people are anticipating.

Not surprised that the other two mario scores are 10's. The game is definitly a "10" kind of experience.

ethelred

jj984jj said:
Has Tsuchida ever directed a Front Mission game? I noticed he was credited as a producer on the original SNES game, not a director. Has he been the director since then? I know he didn't direct Front Mission 5 either, that was Shintaro Tamai. As far as I know he's always been the producer of the series.

I think you're mistaken. Toshiro Tsuchida was the director of Front Mission, back when he was still at G-Craft. He designed and thought up the series before making his Arc the Lad games. He also directed Front Mission 2, 3, and 4.

perfectchaos007 said:
Wasn't Pikmin. I bet it was

animal_crossing.jpg
I will drink blood if this is true

jj984jj said:
Has Tsuchida ever directed a Front Mission game? I noticed he was credited as a producer on the original SNES game, not a director. Has he been the director since then? I know he didn't direct Front Mission 5 either, that was Shintaro Tamai. As far as I know he's always been the producer of the series.

I am wondering who would do the art though, I doubt it's Amano (I'd be happily surprised if it was though :D), and Naora is kinda busy isn't he?

You're right. Producer, but he also directed atleast 3 and 4. :D

and poor Naora. Ever since the Code Age flop, it seems he's been downgraded. He's not even the art director of FFXIII, but shuffled down to the AGITO cell-phone game.
Unless he's running a FFVII Remake/FFVII-2 project, I don't know if Naora is exactly busy, unfortunately.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Just added a few details on LEGO Batman for anyone interested.

LJ11

No arcade release? Game will be balls.

Edit: It was headed in that direction based on those snippets, but the lack of an arcade release seals the deal.

Krowley said:
I tried assassins creed saturday night, and there may be serious problems with it, but I think it probably deserves at least an 8 just for being so slickly made and good looking.

::smacks forehead::

Lego Batman will be awesome at least. I'm not a particularly huge fan of Star Wars but I love Legos to death and Traveller Tales nailed it in their LSW games.

jarrod

Banned
A DS version of SF4? Honestly, I'd rather see Capcom just reissuing WFC HSF2X, DarkStalkers Chronicle, SFA3Max and 3rd Strike ports on DS than an assy 2.5D SF4 conversion. :/

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Tecmo Bowl listed as coming for 360/PS3, Summer 08 release date

traveler

Not Wario
PepsimanVsJoe said:
::smacks forehead::

Seriously. Can you imagine what it would like if, say, film critics took that mentality?

Transformers? At least an 8.
The Island? At least an 8.
PotC3? At least an 8.

It really does highlight the differences between the mediums in terms of scales and how they are used. An 80% on RT is a high recommendation and typically a must see, not a heavily flawed film that looks pretty.

Ryu

_leech_ said:
Screenshots say otherwise.

True, but it could have replays like Halo 3 where you can edit the camera angles and such or just the replays from the last hit at the end of the round like the DOA series, but from different angles.

Druz

Anerythristic said:
No shit.

Crispin and his opinions are starting to bug me.

durpa durpa

Crispin has been around for a LONG time, he knows his shit. The fact that ten minutes into the game you've done all you're going to do probably bugs him a lot more than it does you.

No6

Grecco said:
Why would Nintendo cancel Animal Crossing again? Thats silly, probably Project Hammer or something
Hammer has been on the dead pile for months and the Mii tie-in wouldn't make sense.

What DOES make sense is Nintendo cancelling AC out of the fear that the game would show up on Nightline/Fox News due to the many, many Hitler Towns.

TheDuce22

Banned
What are the serious problems with Assassins Creed other than it being slightly repetitive? The combat is fun, the platforming is well done, the presentation is amazing, and its relatively bug/glitch free.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Any other screen shots for SF4 besides the three that are already on the net?

Any thing shown of other backgrounds or characters besides Ken and Ryu? Anything that shows a obvious gameplay screen, life bars, etc?

The two "gameplay" shots we've seen so far definately seem to be on an angle and not a dead on 2D perspective...

Top Bottom