• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EGM rumors

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
this needs its own thread:

Hero said:
The only rumors I can find is "Q-tips" and it's very small.

Originally Posted by Q-tip:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is brand new, but I have the scoop on the next on - the second Wii Zelda won't star Link, but instead, the fruity far, Tingle

Apparently, Assassin's Creed was never meant to be a PS3 exclusive. Yep, I hear Sony asked publisher Ubisoft to keep the 360 version a secret as a special favor.

Microsoft might gobble up another developer - after the success of Dead Rising, its looking to open its checkbook to consume Capcom.

Edit:

Those were only the bullet points, sorry.

Other rumors:

Quote:
I hear Konami is forcing the game's head honcho, Hideo Kojima, to port MGS4 over to the 360.

Looks like the comic-turned-flick Sin City is coming both to the 360 and PS3.

Eidos looks to have green-lit Just Cause 2.

David Jaffe's PSP "crying" game was a ruse to hide the fact that he's actually working on God of War 3 for the PS3.

Discuss.

Dahbomb

Capcom being bought out by Microsoft?

Oh shit... The day that happens NeoGAF might actually rape itself blind. :lol

Joe Molotov

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is brand new, but I have the scoop on the next on - the second Wii Zelda won't star Link, but instead, the fruity far, Tingle.

You so crazy, Nintendo. :lol

This is not going to happen.

Calidor

Maybe the capcom buyout makes sense, strong japanese support and who knows, maybe the xbox3 is released under capcom brand? (in japan)

doubt most of those....even the assassins creed one.....I mean mgs4 might be ported to 360 for sure...I mean mgs2 was, so this is not the biggest surprise....no doubt it will be down the road though...just like lost planet and dead rising might...unless they are old hat...the capcom one sounds like junk....if ms does, well, curse their eyes to hell hehe...wouldn't make them popular in japan though

peace

I can't see Capcom being "bought" by anybody. Maybe some exclusive deals, but no way the whole company.

I'd love a Tingle game. But obviously the next "Zelda" game will star Link.

8bit

Knows the Score
As long as I get Deader Risinger, I'm happy.

Or a Vampire game from the same folk. I can see that working in the same sort of engine.

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
Flashback

Capcom announce RE + 5 games exclusive games for GC = OMG NINTENDO TO BUY CAPCOM <3<3<3<3<3

Present

One Capcom game sell well on the 360 = OMG MS TO BUY CAPCOM <3<3<3<3<3

Tieno

The Capcom buyout just sounds so out there. I don't buy it at all. Especially since MS says that's not their strategy.

Shapingo

I always thought Capcom and Konami would be a good merger

Sega-Sammy
Namco-Bandai
Square-Enix "also Taito or Jaleco? which did they buy"
Konamicom

the Just Cause rumor has been confirmed elsewhere....believe I saw it on Bluesnews

...only one I kinda believe is the MGS4 one

The only way Microsoft can gain traction in Japan is to join up with a major Japanese publisher. Keep the capcom name in Japan, and drop the Microsoft one. Make their games exclusive to the system and PC. They could still do handhelds for Nintendo however :). I could see that, but the subject has been discussed to death about Microsoft buying up someone that it's a bit tired.

castle007

Banned
Another rumor, but I have no idea why they have it in that section, is that A sequel to Chronicles of Riddick was never made because Starbreeze didn't realize it was good, and they already began work on The Darkness

White Man

Apparently, Assassin's Creed was never meant to be a PS3 exclusive. Yep, I hear Sony asked publisher Ubisoft to keep the 360 version a secret as a special favor.

THis one sooooo reeks of bullshit. "SURE SONY, EVEN THOUGH WE ARE POURING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS INTO DEVELOPMENT, WE WON'T ANNOUNCE THE 360 VERSION YET BECAUSE YOU ASKED NICELY!"

AgentOtaku said:
the Just Cause rumor has been confirmed elsewhere....believe I saw it on Bluesnews

...only one I kinda believe is the MGS4 one

If the MGS4 one is true...you can bet Sony is royally pissed at Konami...especially since it was marketed as a PS3 exclusive.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

moneydumbass.jpg

"Thank you for your special favor Sony. Howsabout a reacharound for Splinter Cell 5? No? **** you then."

castle007

Banned
Peter Jackson is working on another Halo project.

A different game that will blend gameplay and storytelling in a way never done before.

EGM is saying it might be the Massive Multiplayer Halo

clashfan

White Man said:
THis one sooooo reeks of bullshit. "SURE SONY, EVEN THOUGH WE ARE POURING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS INTO DEVELOPMENT, WE WON'T ANNOUNCE THE 360 VERSION YET BECAUSE YOU ASKED NICELY!"

Considering that it was first announced at X05, it sounds true.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
yup... Capcom seems like the likeliest candidate for a buyout. They make killer games and they're already crazy experienced with the 360 hardware. Like people are suggesting, the Xbox 360 should be rebranded as "Capcom's Xbox 360" in Japan. There's still plenty of time to right that ship over there considering the PS3 and Wii are just coming out.

no one gives these rumors any credit because none of them are pro-sony :D

Tuff

Banned
Holtz said:
Man, are these rumors getting more and more ridiculous or is it just me?

People say this all the time about the EGM rumors. Then some of them come true.

This time last year they said Call of Duty 3 would be coming out with the new systems and like everyone on myspace was calling bullshit.

They originally predicted a game with Disney and FF characters - people called bullshit. A year later, Kingdom Hearts revealed.

No not all of them pan out (people can cancel projects) but that's how things go.

Tuff

Banned
Holtz said:
Man, are these rumors getting more and more ridiculous or is it just me?

People say this all the time about the EGM rumors. Then some of them come true.

This time last year they said Call of Duty 3 would be coming out with the new systems and like everyone on myspace was calling bullshit.

They originally predicted a game with Disney and FF characters - people called bullshit. A year later, Kingdom Hearts revealed.

No not all of them pan out (people can cancel projects) but that's how things go.

ethelred

White Man said:

"Special favor" means "Here's a check."

Draft

David Jaffe's PSP "crying" game was a ruse to hide the fact that he's actually working on God of War 3 for the PS3.
lol what? Did you say "a ruse?" And what pray tell was the point of said ruse, messing with the heads of the 5,000 or so forum dwellers that actually

A. Know who David Jaffe is
B. Care about what game he makes next
C. Knew it was going to be some sort of PSP title that would make you cry

Busty

Banned
Not one of these rumours struck me as much more than ideal speculation.

Microsoft might gobble up another developer - after the success of Dead Rising, its looking to open its checkbook to consume Capcom.

It speaks volumes that the 360 (and indeed Xbox brand) was so starved of Japanese developed hits that one single break out hit game spawns all this 'take over' talk. If MS were going to open their checkbook it would be for SquareEnix, no one else. There's a saying that fits this situation perfectly, "Why buy one, when you can buy two at twice the price!" If anyone is buying Capcom, it's Samsung.

Quote:
I hear Konami is forcing the game's head honcho, Hideo Kojima, to port MGS4 over to the 360.

Kojima being 'forced' to do anything at Konami is laughable. Doesn't Kojima sit on the board at Konami? If they were to port MGS4 to the 360 it would be a mess and likely come on a few DVDs (against MS policy. I'd rather see Kojima do something from scratch for the 360 instead of a PS3 'hand me down'.

Looks like the comic-turned-flick Sin City is coming both to the 360 and PS3.

Unless it's in black and white it'll just be like the Scarface game. Bet they get Mickey Rourke to do voice work for this game. In fact, last I heard, Weinstein Co, were trying to set up a Sin City TV series at Showtime. Pffffftttt.

Eidos looks to have green-lit Just Cause 2.

Yeah. I could see this.

David Jaffe's PSP "crying" game was a ruse to hide the fact that he's actually working on God of War 3 for the PS3

Considering God of War 2 is released in Feb, when exactly would Sony release GOW3 as not to tread on the others toes. I think it was all a front, but for something else, GOW PS3 will likely still be on Jaffe's 'to do' list though

All in all 'Meh'.

*sips beer*

That is all.

Top Bottom