• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Endless Ocean(aka Forever Blue) video, New Age music confirmed - Oct 29 release!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

This will be mine....so intriguing

I'm working on it right now.

I'm uploading to rapidshare but if anyone can reccommend an upload site, post it here.

Edit: I'm gonna try stage 6.

Branduil

Looks beautiful. Is that Enya music? :lol
4lhor9f.jpg

4ubmgz7.jpg

gimz

man, i think i will have to buy this game too, it will be so cool to invite friends to your own part of ocean, or travel to friend's ocean

and is it just me? i love the music from the trailer...

AniHawk

radiuhm said:
Yea, I don't get the hype, if there really is any.

It's always eluded me too. Of course the biggest clue that this would be shit was Amir0x's whole-hearted endorsement of what appears to be the Wii's Afrika at sea with mid-PS2 visuals.

I can't speak for anyone else, so here's why I want this game:

I want to swim around in beautiful underwater environments, discover underwater ruins and sunken ships, swim into dark caves with my headlight on and encounter freaky, dark-loving eels and fish-things, and hopefully pull off some salvage missions for cash along the way. It's all about the journey into the unknown. It's pure exploration.

That's not your bag? That's fine.

farnham

Banned
we will know if its good or not soon enough.. (its out in August in japan)

i have high hopes for it.. hopefully the areas you can explore arent too small

gimz

jiji said:
I can't speak for anyone else, so here's why I want this game:

I want to swim around in beautiful underwater environments, discover underwater ruins and sunken ships, swim into dark caves with my headlight on and encounter freaky, dark-loving eels and fish-things, and hopefully pull off some salvage missions for cash along the way. It's all about the journey into the unknown. It's pure exploration.

That's not your bag? That's fine.
and dont forget each player has their very own ocean, and you can invite friends to your ocean and you can also visit your friend's ocean to explore (Think Animal Crossing DS)

I will buy this game for sure

and i love the music for this game x)

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
With this game coming, Nights and Mario Sunshine... I'm sure I will feel the charm for gaming like I did in the past.

Really, those three games feels magic to me. I can't wait for them...

LM4sure

Banned
I think this is the type of game where graphics do matter. If I am going to be swimming in a virtual ocean, I want it to look photo realistic. This game just looks bland. I wish this was for the PS3 or 360.

I dunno, I think it looks fantastic. Maybe I don't have my HD-goggles on, but it's hard for me to imagine the sea life and the underwater lighting looking better. The animation and texturing are soooo lifelike. Maybe you're looking at the rocks, coral, etc?

$h@d0w

LM4sure said:
I think this is the type of game where graphics do matter. If I am going to be swimming in a virtual ocean, I want it to look photo realistic. This game just looks bland. I wish this was for the PS3 or 360.

PS3 is getting something similar to this, it was teased in a European PSN montage I think.

PkunkFury

should have been released after the holidays. This game will drown. It comes out a week before Mario Galaxy :\

I still want to play it, but I may have to rent

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I always appreciate companies developing these slightly offbeat games, even if they're not always my exact cup of tea. But the PS1 and PS2 had quite a number of them (NOTAM of Wind, Tail of the Sun, Aquanaut's Holiday) and it looks like the Wii is gonna be where these titles end up.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Ristamar said:
From what I understand, Forever Blue (now dubbed Endless Ocean, I see) is based off the Everblue series which most critics panned, apparently.
That doesn't exactly make me hopeful for the Wii game.

Yeah, it's pretty much Everblue 3. But if you're looking for what jiji described above and/or you've worn out your blue-disc copy of Everblue PS2, then it's a Wii-seller.

jiji said:
Would that be Aquanaut's Holiday 3? I'd really like to see that one surface finally (ha).

I'm almost certain it'll never make it off the Magical Launch List Of Japanese PS3 Games That Won't Happen, but oh my god, if it did.

GDGF

Soothsayer
This is a really pretty game. It's like Pilotwings for the ocean. Online is a plus, too.

Forever Blue was a better name, though.

Famitsu Score: Endless Ocean - 10/8/9/8

- feels a little like a simulation, exploring areas gradually
- clever production sucks you in totally
- with the change of camera view, you can get lost at sea
- you can explore the aquatic life as much as you want or you can go looking for events
- there’s lots of stuff you can do, play at your own pace
- production is great, you can feel the mystery and magnificence of the ocean
- thanks to the effects of the mysterious music, the game feels very rea

boom.jpg

I can't wait for this title! ^^

Top Bottom