• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Evidence Allegedly Supporting Tara Reade's Allegations Against Joe Biden Emerges

Dec 15, 2011
He's not the vice president, you pathological liar.
Her insistence on using the label couldn't be a more blatant demonstration of such a complete and utter lack of integrity.

Inb4 mind-reading clowns with no argument so need to misrepresent plain speech using distorted semantics try to tell us all how 'nuanced' she was being.

Reactions: DeepEnigma

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Isn't it standard nomenclature to refer to former VP's and POTUS as VP/POTUS?

Like if you said George Bush you would still call him President Bush?

I do find it ironic though because I am sure that they all wish Biden was the VP and whoever he choses as his running mate would be the actual POTUS. This will be the shifting of focus once Biden names Abrams or Harris. The story will be well a vote for Biden really is a vote for a female VP because Biden is just the figurehead to beat Trump and his WAMAN will be doing all the real work.

SLAAAAAAAAY QWEEEEEEEN

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Crazy Nancy says the issue is closed to her and she's done answering questions about it :messenger_tears_of_joy:

And the transformation is complete.

It only took 4 years but we went from #believewomen, to #believemen.

We did it fam, #MeToo is dead! Now when a woman accuses a man of sexual assault all a man has to do is say its not true, it never happened, PERIOD and the case is closed.

Moral of the story, woman are liars and men always tell the truth. Got it Nancy.

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005

We did it fam, #MeToo is dead! Now when a woman accuses a man of sexual assault all a man has to do is say its not true, it never happened, PERIOD and the case is closed.

Moral of the story, woman are liars and men always tell the truth. Got it Nancy.
This is just all so unbelievable and I have hope that other Americans will see this unbelievable, and undeniable hypocrisy and vote accordingly.

It's sickening. So damn blatant and disgusting.

dolabla

Oct 9, 2013

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
Just for some context;

Gillibrand-"“This process is sending the worst possible message to girls — and boys — everywhere,” Gillibrand said in her speech. “It’s telling American women that your voice doesn’t matter. It’s telling survivors everywhere that your experiences don’t count, they’re not important and they are not to be believed. We are saying that women are worth less than a man’s promotion.”

Klobuchar-"I strongly oppose him, based on his views on the executive power which will continue to haunt our country, as well as how he behaved, including the allegations that we are hearing more about today," Klobuchar said. "My concern here is that the process was a sham."

Harris-"I believe her," Harris told CBS. "Listen, first of all, anybody who comes forward at this point to be prepared to testify in the United States Senate against someone who's being nominated to one of the most powerful positions in the united States government, that takes an extraordinary amount of courage." "She's doing it, I believe, because she knows that this is an important matter. It's a serious matter. And she has the courage to come forward. She has nothing to gain," Harris continued. "What does she have to gain?"

Abrams-"Survivors of sexual assault deserve respect," Abrams tweeted Monday. "The way Dr. Blasey Ford has been treated is unacceptable." (Dr. Ford has received death threats after coming forward with her account of sexual assault at the hands of Brett Kavanaugh, which Kavanaugh adamantly denies.) "I will be participating in a national moment of solidarity at 1PM today because I #BelieveSurvivors. Will you join me?"

Pelosi-“Today is a profoundly heart-breaking day for women, girls and families across America.

“Courageous women risked their safety and well-being to speak truth about this nomination. Tens of thousands more joined them to share their own harrowing stories of sexual assault, at great personal risk. Yet, Senate Republicans chose to send a clear message to all women: do not speak out, and if you do – do not expect to be heard, believed or respected.

Ass bare, for the whole world to see.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
#BelieveallBidens

#HunterToo

It takes a lot of courage for Joe to come out like this, he's a real survivor. Survivors of sexual assault allegations deserve our respect. It takes an extrodinary amount of courage for Biden to speak out, what does he have to gain from this? Right now we are saying a mans promotion is worth more than a WAMANZ.

This is a profoundly heart breaking day for rich old powerful white men. DNC and lefitst media have sent a clear message do not speak out and don't expect to be believed. I will be participating in a national moment of solidarity today at 1 PM #BelieveallBidens, will you join me?

Last edited:

dolabla

Oct 9, 2013
Small time journalism doing what the political hacks of the mainstream won't do:

Exclusive: 1996 court document confirms Tara Reade told of harassment in Biden's office

The San Luis Obispo County court filing is the first official public record confirming she made allegations at that time.
A court document from 1996 shows former Senate staffer Tara Reade told her ex-husband she was sexually harassed while working for Joe Biden in 1993.

The declaration — exclusively obtained by The Tribune in San Luis Obispo, California — does not say Biden committed the harassment nor does it mention Reade’s more recent allegations of sexual assault.

Reade’s then-husband Theodore Dronen wrote the court declaration. Dronen at the time was contesting a restraining order Reade filed against him days after he filed for divorce, Superior Court records show.
In it, he writes Reade told him about “a problem she was having at work regarding sexual harassment, in U.S. Senator Joe Biden’s office.”
It appears to be the only written record that has surfaced from the time that substantiates Reade shared her account in the years following the alleged incident, though a former neighbor came forward last week about similar conversations she said she had with Reade in 1995.
The news came as Reade was preparing for the release of her first on-camera interview since the former vice president and presumptive Democratic nominee for president personally denied the allegations May 1 on MSNBC. Former Fox News host Megyn Kelly tweeted about the interview Thursday morning, calling it “a riveting exchange.” She did not indicate when it would be published.

Last edited:

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
That's good news for Joe, though:

Easy mode.
Biden will just rewind his mind to 1963. The rape will not even happen for another 30 years.
Checkmate Tara!

Is Biden lying when he says he remembers no such thing?
No I think he tells the truth. Just the last year alone he has been on camera not remembering the name of the president he served under not even 4 years ago.

Both these statements can simultaneously be true:
* She was sexually assaulted so much she had to quit her job and risk her career.
* Biden can not remember it and thus he thinks it never happened.

After all his brain is fried.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Jan 9, 2020
Crazy Nancy says the issue is closed to her and she's done answering questions about it :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Is this now the

"#BelieveAllMen"

Movement?

I hope it doesnt turn out in another male Amber Heard scandal

Last edited:

dolabla

Oct 9, 2013

Many A-list Hollywood stars were big supporters of the #MeToo movement, speaking out against the confirmation of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh in 2018 after he faced accusations of sexual assault -- but a new study has found that nearly 100 celebrities who made their voices heard on Kavanaugh have been silent on Tara Reade's sexual-assault allegation against former Vice President Joe Biden -- or they've come to his defense.
NewsBusters found 95 of the country's high-profile entertainers showed a drastic change in the way they treated Kavanaugh versus the way they treated Biden, the Democrats' presumptive presidential nominee.
Names included in NewsBusters' report included Lady Gaga, Ellen DeGeneres and several Hollywood actresses associated with the Time's Up organization such as Jessica Chastain, Brie Larson, Natalie Portman and Julianne Moore, noting how none of them "have offered a word of support" to Reade.
NewsBusters pointed out tweets made by Bette Midler and Debra Messing, who were outspoken supporters of Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford but have since given the cold shoulder to Biden's former Senate staffer.
The study took aim at late-night comedians including Jimmy Kimmel, who has yet to address Reade's claims about Biden but joked that in exchange for Kavanaugh's confirmation to the Supreme Court, "we get to cut that pesky pe--- of his off in front of everyone."

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Apr 27, 2018
East USA
Never said there was one, just that there was evidence for Trump behaving highly inappropriately towards women. Doesn't excuse what Biden did, never said it does, but just like it doesn't, Biden being a creep doesn't mean Trump isn't...it's not a binary choice...both candidates are disgusting assholes who should never hold any public office let alone the highest in the land. I'm Norwegian I have no dog in this fight (well we all kind of do, but whatever), so this isn't some sort of partisan thing for me. Just saying we have pretty strong evidence against Trump, and the suggestion that we don't isn't accurate.

Btw, technically a lot of Weinsteins victims "let him do it"...I'd be very hesitant to interpret Trumps words: "they let you do it, cause you're a star" as consent, sounds more like coercion or duress to me.
What evidence exists that Trump sexually assaulted multiple women? If anything you just subjectively don't like his narcissism and ego.

Relativ9

Nov 18, 2012
Narvik, Norway
What evidence exists that Trump sexually assaulted multiple women? If anything you just subjectively don't like his narcissism and ego.
No hard evidence really...that's kind of the point, all these allegations about Trump, Kavanaugh, Biden...they're all he say she say...if one should be treated as true all should.

Whataborman

Apr 19, 2018
No hard evidence really...that's kind of the point, all these allegations about Trump, Kavanaugh, Biden...they're all he say she say...if one should be treated as true all should.
The burden of proof should always be on the accuser to prove guilt, not the accused to prove innocence. We seem to have lost sight of that fact under certain circumstances here in the US.

That said, there's certainly a hypocrisy angle here, where you have all of these liberals who 100% believed Ford's allegations against Kavanaugh and pushed the #metoo movement, but dismiss the allegations against Biden without comment.

Last edited:

Relativ9

Nov 18, 2012
Narvik, Norway
The burden of proof should always be on the accuser to prove guilt, not the accused to prove innocence. We seem to have lost sight of that fact under certain circumstances here in the US.

That said, there's certainly a hypocrisy angle here, where you have all of these liberals who 100% believed Ford's allegations against Kavanaugh and pushed the #metoo movement, but dismiss the allegations against Biden without comment.
Yeah principally that's my point, certainly this is mostly a problem with Biden defenders, but also true for a lot of Trump fans.

Sejan

Sep 28, 2018

There is a slight difference here, though. It is certainly still a case of he said, she said, but in this case she can be proven to have said it well before the accusation was politically beneficial. In the case of Ford, she couldn’t even back up the smallest details of her story. With this case, there are court documents made under oath that this might have been possible from 1996. The proof she has suggested to have existed has all been found to be valid (the TV show call for instance). While this may or may not be enough to prosecute the case in a court of law, it is certainly far more evidence than Ford brought against Kavanaugh.

Reactions: Whataborman

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
May 22, 2018
So I agree with Joe on something!
The thing is most people who are going to be voting for Biden aren't actually voting FOR Biden. They are voting AGAINST Trump. That's a huge difference. So it doesn't really matter what Biden says or does at this point.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2011
The thing is most people who are going to be voting for Biden aren't actually voting FOR Biden. They are voting AGAINST Trump. That's a huge difference. So it doesn't really matter what Biden says or does at this point.
BEHOLD! The mind-reading powers of Nobody Important!

Now, watch with AMAZEMENT as he makes entire swathes of logic simply DISAPPEAR!!

Last edited:
Reactions: cryptoadam

Arkam

Jan 21, 2012
Here, Now and maybe later
I honestly believe that.... and the real disgusting part.... it's not even about Trump. It is just sheeple who have been conditioned to vote for one party and never question its motives (or even actions). The average modern human is a zombie at best. Endless information at their fingertips and they choose to stick their head in the ground.

May 22, 2018
I honestly believe that.... and the real disgusting part.... it's not even about Trump. It is just sheeple who have been conditioned to vote for one party and never question its motives (or even actions). The average modern human is a zombie at best. Endless information at their fingertips and they choose to stick their head in the ground.
I wouldn't go that far. Yeah sure alot of people will vote Dem because they are Dems, but I think quite alot of it has to do with Trump as well. Alot of people are tired of the embarrassing circus that constantly surrounds Trump and his administration. And this whole COVID situation hasn't helped either.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Jun 26, 2007
Best Coast
How can you effectively determine who are the people who indeed stick their head in the ground and never question motives and who are the people who actually do take in information, but still hold their nose and make distasteful choices because it's the politically expedient thing to do? How do you determine which is bigger? Is it really that easy to dismiss the individual autonomy of so many?

Arkam

Jan 21, 2012
Here, Now and maybe later
How can you effectively determine who are the people who indeed stick their head in the ground and never question motives and who are the people who actually do take in information, but still hold their nose and make distasteful choices because it's the politically expedient thing to do? How do you determine which is bigger? Is it really that easy to dismiss the individual autonomy of so many?
Its very easy to see the masses. Most people will not believe ideas that are critical of the beliefs they hold. Dont believe me, go to someone who you know who holds a belief that can easily be refuted by empirical evidence. Present them with that evidence.... let me know how that goes.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Nymphae