• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"New exclusive Xbox LIVE Rewards pilot program"

atomsk

Party Pooper
Just got this in my inbox

2cys0ls.jpg

Get in on the action - register now to let us know if you want your shot at getting in. You won't be sorry when you start to rack up some sweet rewards.
THE DETAILS

This is an exclusive pilot rewards program. That means that the people who get in get stuff. Cool stuff. You want cool stuff, right? Sure you do, we all want stuff. Especially cool stuff. Well, you've only got until October 21, 2009 to let us know you want cool stuff, because after that, the doors close and someone else gets the cool stuff.

So, you click the button below and register to let us know you want in and pretty soon we'll let you know if you got in or not - and not everyone will (that's why it's called exclusive).

This offer is for a select few - you can't send it to anyone else (why would you send something this awesome to someone else, are you nuts?). If you make the cut, you can pass or opt-out whenever you want.

But then you'll never know how it ended.

and then in the fine print

You must respond according to the instructions in the recruitment email by October 21, 2009 to indicate your interest in participating in this program. Responding does not guarantee inclusion in the pilot program. The first 60,000 respondents who meet these terms and conditions will be accepted into the Xbox LIVE Rewards pilot program. You will be informed as to whether you have been accepted into the program on or before November 6, 2009.

any ideas what this is about?

edit: it takes you to a quick survey that basically asks how much you love xbox

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Hope you have $100 a year handy

In all seriousness, maybe some sort of buy 5 games get a 6th free type deal?

Gomu Gomu

This is an exclusive pilot rewards program. That means that the people who get in get stuff. Cool stuff. You want cool stuff, right? Sure you do, we all want stuff. Especially cool stuff. Well, you've only got until October 21, 2009 to let us know you want cool stuff, because after that, the doors close and someone else gets the cool stuff.

ugh really?

Struct09

chubigans said:
Hah, I still have my Xbox Live Diamond Rewards card here somewhere.

I actually used mine a few times. Got some free game rentals from Hollywood Video and discounts at some restaurants.

Firestorm

How much I love Xbox depends on how much I get from this rewards program.

Didn't get an e-mail though. US only?

My first thought was convert gamerpoints -> microsoft points.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Firestorm said:

Haha, they would never do this. Unless it's like free 100 MS points for every 10,000 gamerpoints

Firestorm

Wario64 said:
Haha, they would never do this. Unless it's like free 100 MS points for every 10,000 gamerpoints
100 -> 1? :( I mean, all that would mean is I earned $20 after almost 3 years of owning the system.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Struct09 said:
I actually used mine a few times. Got some free game rentals from Hollywood Video and discounts at some restaurants.
Wasn't there a really good Quizno's deal too? I didn't have one in my area. :(

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
chubigans said:
Hah, I still have my Xbox Live Diamond Rewards card here somewhere.

I tried it at Quizno's once they looked at me like I was insane. That thing was useless. It only scored a few nerd points with me because it had RbBrdMan on it. :lol

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
No E-mail in my inbox, I guess all the money I've given them wasn't enough to get me "in", bummer...I was really hoping to rack up some sweet deals.

Fox Mulder

Firestorm said:

they were planning to do stuff like that, and they had that old spice or whatever gamerscore challenge a few years back. When achievements got hacked, gamescore became quite pointless, and MS rarely even cares to hype it much anymore.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
bkfount said:
they were planning to do stuff like that, and they had that old spice or whatever gamerscore challenge a few years back. When achievements got hacked, gamescore became quite pointless, and MS rarely even cares to hype it much anymore.

Achievements weren't "hacked' per say. You needed a modified hard-drive and the ability to hex-edit or save-resign for them.

But yeah, it and the user reputation thing (I avoid players, but I keep seeing them in games) are a left-over of 2005 XBL revamp for the 360 that never panned out to anything huge (well, Achievements are still huge, but they're just dick-waving).

larvi

I got the email and one of the questions in my survey was how likely are you to upgrade to a gold membership within the next year so it may be just for silver members or lapsed gold members, or maybe they have different surveys depending on whether you are gold or silver.

Fox Mulder

TheSeks said:
Achievements weren't "hacked' per say. You needed a modified hard-drive and the ability to hex-edit or save-resign for them.

But yeah, it and the user reputation thing (I avoid players, but I keep seeing them in games) are a left-over of 2005 XBL revamp for the 360 that never panned out to anything huge (well, Achievements are still huge, but they're just dick-waving).

there's a program out that lets you unlock any achievement for any game you've played on your profile. No modding involved, as all you need is a cable to connect a memory card or HDD to a PC.

atomsk

Party Pooper
larvi said:
I got the email and one of the questions in my survey was how likely are you to upgrade to a gold membership within the next year so it may be just for silver members or lapsed gold members, or maybe they have different surveys depending on whether you are gold or silver.

i didn't get that question, i've been gold for 6 years. never lapsed

I didn't get an email.

Whatever "profile" my account activity generated probably told them I don't need any further motivation to buy things on Xbox Live. I do it anyway. And that's what this will be... let's be honest... a way to get you to spend more money.

Top Bottom