• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Fable 2 images

I think all is new:



















More here:
http://www.xboxygen.com/index.php?file=News&op=suite&news_id=8572
 

slider

Member
I think I've seen the creepy tree one before; or something like it. The rest I'm not so sure.

Regardless, they look great. And for once I don't feel uneasy saying that because the artistic direction is spot on too.
 

joey_z

Banned
Orgasmic stuff. The art direction is absolutely amazing. Even though technically it might not be as good as other next gen games, it just proves how a good art style and aesthetic choice can rise above technical limitations.
 

h3ro

Member
Awesome. Timing of release sucks though, but I'll definitely pick this up sooner or later. Who knows, might be able to pick it up on the cheap in a few months...
 
cjelly said:
Too much colour.

Because Fable originally had such a Gothic setting...

Looks amazing, I'm just not sure they'll be a great game in the series until its end when they're able to evolves all of the franchises concepts and weave them together perfectly.
 

taku

Member
Why is it that everyone likes the art direction in this game when I fucking loathe it. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but how can everyone like the art direction of this game? For me, it's hideous, and yet, not a single person feels the same..

I want to like it since Fable 1 was kind of fun, I'm just not feeling it though :(

Edit: My main gripe is character design, environment is fine..
 
I'm guessing the "Too much color" thing was sarcasim.

taku said:
Why is it that everyone likes the art direction in this game when I fucking loathe it. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but how can everyone like the art direction of this game? For me, it's hideous, and yet, not a single person feels the same..

I want to like it since Fable 1 was kind of fun, I'm just not feeling it though :(

I hate to put you on the spot, but what's wrong with it?
 
D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
The field/windwill shot is awesome; we've seen that area before, but it is still beautiful. Can't for this game.
 

Sydle

Member
taku said:
Why is it that everyone likes the art direction in this game when I fucking loathe it. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but how can everyone like the art direction of this game? For me, it's hideous, and yet, not a single person feels the same..

I want to like it since Fable 1 was kind of fun, I'm just not feeling it though :(

Edit: My main gripe is character design, environment is fine..

Out of curiousity, what games do you think look good?
 

taku

Member
crowphoenix said:
I hate to put you on the spot, but what's wrong with it?
It's got no personality. No style at all. And I'm commenting solely on the character design. I can't put my finger on it.. It's like the guys/girls who made the models have absolutely no sense of anatomy or art at all.

Paco said:
Out of curiousity, what games do you think look good?
I've got no specific examples in my head right now, there are so many. Let's make it easier, you write a list of games similar to Fable or whatever you want, and I'll tell you which I think have a good art direction.
 

FrankT

Member
Day 0

Simply cannot wait for this game. Each preview I read it just sounds better and better. Pre-orders are very healthy from what I've seen and heard. Going to be a big month for Fable II come October.
 

GhaleonEB

Member
taku said:
It's got no personality. No style at all. And I'm commenting solely on the character design. I can't put my finger on it.. It's like the guys/girls who made the models have absolutely no sense of anatomy or art at all.
Art is a fickle thing. I think the game has one of the more distinctive and charming styles out there. The character and building design especially.
 

WrikaWrek

Banned
taku said:
It's got no personality.

I stopped there. Since it's completely and moronically wrong. You could have picked better words to give body to which you find wrong with the art, personality is what it doesn't lack.

But yeah, you can't quite "put the finger on it"
 
taku said:
It's got no personality. No style at all. And I'm commenting solely on the character design. I can't put my finger on it.. It's like the guys/girls who made the models have absolutely no sense of anatomy or art at all.

To me, those screens look very atmospheric and ooze personality.
 

taku

Member
GhaleonEB said:
Art is a fickle thing. I think the game has one of the more distinctive and charming styles out there. The character and building design especially.
Yeah I'm not saying you guys are all wrong. Or that this art is "wrong", I am simply stating my opinion. I want to like it, since Fable 1 was fun, but I had a big problem with the character design in that game as well (since it basically looks the same).
 

taku

Member
WrikaWrek said:
I stopped there. Since it's completely and moronically wrong. You could have picked better words to give body to which you find wrong with the art, personality is what it doesn't lack.

But yeah, you can't quite "put the finger on it"
Wait, am I calling you a moron for liking the art? No I am not. Quit being a fucking dick, this is a discussion forum, deal with it.
 
Top Bottom