• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Fable 2 images

PSGames said:
fable2162.jpg

I can't wait to explore this world. Looks fantastic.

This shot reminds me of Goonies. I can't wait for this game.

crowphoenix said:
I'm guessing the "Too much color" thing was sarcasim.

I hate to put you on the spot, but what's wrong with it?

Really? ;) I brought it up solely because it was an unwarranted jab at those criticising the D3 art direction. Especially so given that the universal praise these screens are getting shows that people are fine with colourful art as long as it's in the right franchise.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I will buy every single gypsy house (caravan? Trailer?) and be appointed the KING OF THE GYPSIES.

Molinuex told us you could do that exact scenario, at E3 this year.

Naeblish

They look photoshopped. All previous screenshots didn't look this good, they had really sharp edges where here every thing seems softened up. Unless they added a filter, something like mass effect, i don't see how they can suddenly have improved this much.

Phthisis

Naeblish said:
They look photoshopped. All previous screenshots didn't look this good, they had really sharp edges where here every thing seems softened up. Unless they added a filter, something like mass effect, i don't see how they can suddenly have improved this much.

The power of the orange port.

R0nn

Naeblish said:

I personally think they look worse actually. Probably due to jpeg compression.

Chrange

Banned
VictimOfGrief said:
*Queues photoshop and Diablo III crap style thread ahead of us* :(

That would only be the case if Fable 2 had a drastically different art style from the original. Doesn't really appear to be the case at all - unlike Diablo III :p

I don't see all this "fuckawsomeness" and I'm trying to identify a distinct art style, but can't. I'm not impressed.

but if game's fun, might consider a purchase

Danielsan

Game looks great in screens but I need some new videos. The last video that I saw (E3) had way too much pop in for my liking.

CAVE343

The artstyle is not great but I guess it's ok. I do think that the gameplay will deliver this time, I just hope that the game is longer than the first one ;-)

pswii60

I really like the artstyle. It's unique, colourful and has tons of atmosphere. It's definitely makes a nice change from all the usual browns and greys. Also love the fact you have a pet dog. Will mean my girlfriend will have no issue with me playing it for hours on end.

soco

ciaossu said:
Yeah! Let's all make a petition about it! :lol

quick! i'll get on the photoshop modifications we can let the game's art director go through and critique!

seriously, looks good.

FFChris

Anasui Kishibe said:
I don't see all this "fuckawsomeness" and I'm trying to identify a distinct art style, but can't. I'm not impressed.

but if game's fun, might consider a purchase

The artstyle is pretty distinct to me, the cityscapes look fantastic and really don't look like anything else I've seen recent games. Plus, it's colourful! Looks to me like a step away from the current generation UT3 styling we see in so many games.

_Angelus_

Banned
fable2159.jpg

Not to come off sounding like a perv. but knowing that I'm gonna come face to face with shit like this within the game just makes my dick hard.
So glad I pre ordered.

I don't pre order too often anymore, but FABLE II will be an event and I'm setting some good time for this one.

SPEA

Always-honest said:
not that impressed (artstyle wise). looks generic even imo .. maybe the gameplay is great.
What other game looks like Fable 2?
Other than Overlord which seemed to of ripped off the artstyle completely.

raYne

SPEA said:
What other game looks like Fable 2?
Other than Overlord which seemed to of ripped off the artstyle completely.
I was wondering the same thing after I read the post. Perhaps they changed what generic meant since the last time I looked it up.

Man....he always delivers great games. Not sure if he's ever put out a game that sucked?

Anyways.....

Peter, do whatever it takes to get us a Dungeon Keeper 3 please!

Timber

Always-honest said:
are you going to say that in every thread? cause you'd be right every time..

i'm interested in the gameplay though.
Really though, what other game looks like Fable?

Banned
cjelly said:
Too much colour.
The colour is fine, the bloom/over-exposure is not… just like the first game, though not quite as headache-inducing from the look of it. Hopefully the framerate is good this time around.

taku said:
Why is it that everyone likes the art direction in this game when I fucking loathe it. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but how can everyone like the art direction of this game? For me, it's hideous, and yet, not a single person feels the same..
Some of the locations are nice, but I don't like the lighting in a lot of the screens/videos I've seen. They seem to over-expose a lot of the shots—I think they do this to try and create a ‘fairytale’ atmosphere, but it's just harsh on the eyes.

Most of the character designs are pretty horrible in my opinion, but then they were like that in the original, and other games that Molyneux has been involved with so someone obviously likes them.

Danielsan

Jtyettis said:
Then you missed this gorgeous video from last month (at the end in the OP);

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=331244
Video is gorgeous, thanks for that. Still doesn't do anything to ease my worries. All the footage was taken at a very slow pace. The actual gameplay footage that I saw before had a lot of pop in. I really want to know if they ironed that crap out. If they did, I might just have to bump this up to a day 1 purchase (ouch my wallet).

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i don't dislike the art style, and every now and then one of the environments has this touch of wonder that really does draw me in. i'm not wowed by anything yet, but i think whether or not i love or am ambivalent is if the gameplay holds up and i want to play the game and spend a lot of time in all those interesting looking places. if so, i imagine i'll warm up to the art style just fine.

Top Bottom