• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Fable 2 images

Looks good. My only beef with Fable was the levels were pretty small and there were quite a few loading screens. It looks like they addressed that and I can't wait for this game. Action RPGs are my favorite kind of RPG by far.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
best shots yet imo, and for the first time i'm actually quite excited for the game! i wasnt a fan of the first, but the dog, and exploration have me sold on the sequel. 1up's hands on sounded great too, i love that the heroes home town is drastically different depending on how you handled quests as a youngster.

can someone clear something up for me once and for all? can you turn off the breadcrumb trail for quests?

fernoca

Darn fucking nice..
BUT!
I heard it gets slow sometimes..so..I'm not buying it anymore..preorder cancelled!!!

Can't fucking wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sciplore

NOO :(

This game is looking to good for me to ignore I am actually considering to just break down and preordering it but I already have my hands full on trying to get all the 360 rpgs this year banjo and now this.

iceatcs

Look great! Some reasons that it remind me of Monkey Island if HD.
Perfect time I might doing in xmas holiday when everything calm. Love some long adventure gaming while every outside dead cold.

I have played the first one on PC but I can't remember if I have finish the whole game.
I'm wondering do I have replay the first one to remind? Or the 2nd one won't be heavy link from first one?

fernoca

iceatcs said:
Look great! Some reasons that it remind me of Monkey Island if HD.
Perfect time I might doing in xmas holiday when everything calm. Love some long adventure gaming while every outside dead cold.

I have played the first one on PC but I can't remember if I have finish the whole game.
I'm wondering do I have replay the first one to remind? Or the 2nd one won't be heavy link from first one?
Well, all they've said is that it takes place like 500 years after the first game ended..
But..haven't said from which ending it's picking up...yet.

Jirotrom

Danielsan said:
Video is gorgeous, thanks for that. Still doesn't do anything to ease my worries. All the footage was taken at a very slow pace. The actual gameplay footage that I saw before had a lot of pop in. I really want to know if they ironed that crap out. If they did, I might just have to bump this up to a day 1 purchase (ouch my wallet).
dude... is your avvy from a CG Godhand?

Anywho... this game looks wicked cool, artstyle reminds me of the Maximo series.

dejay

Banned
Not sure really want people want visually from a fantasy RPG set in ye-olde times. The game looks great and the some of the locations are beautiful. Personally, I can't wait for this although there's so much epic greatness coming soon that I'm gonna have to make some tough choices regarding which games to put off until early next year.

Danielsan

Jirotrom said:
dude... is your avvy from a CG Godhand?
It's from an ingame cutscene in God Hand. :D

Also nice to hear that those silly breadcrumbs are optional. It's like playing Bioshock with the arrow, it's just wrong.

dejay said:
Not sure really want people want visually from a fantasy RPG set in ye-olde times.

you have a point there.. maybe i've seen to many artwork/ illusttration/ games/ animations with art styes from the "ye-old times".

mrgone

Has the map size been addressed by the devs at all? The biggest complaint I had about the first game was that the world was basically a (short) chain of narrow hallway-like paths. Have they said anything about opening that up in the sequel?

sankao

mrgone said:
Has the map size been addressed by the devs at all? The biggest complaint I had about the first game was that the world was basically a (short) chain of narrow hallway-like paths. Have they said anything about opening that up in the sequel?

I remember seeing fence-jumping in the videos, which was also a major concern for me. I also remember a running sequence in the wilderness, that seemed very opened, very unlike the corridor system that was Fable I.

Brashnir

mrgone said:

I don't know if they've specifically addressed the size, but I've gotten the impression from comments that the game is definitely more open than the first. That isn't saying much though, since it doesn't take much to be more open than a game consisting of corridor after corridor.

bathala

Banned
mrgone said:
from reading IGN's 3hr in the game, its still hallways, but they said there are some paths that lead to different sidequest. I'm guessing hallways that leads to big areas, but not like Oblivion

slider

Maybe, just maybe, some peoples' reaction to the "art" is that despite being very well done there's nothing in there that is that surprising. Perhaps they feel it's all a little derivative. What you could expect from this type of game instead is anyone's guess.

You'd have to be of a certain persuasion to think that IMO but a tiny bit of me can see what they're getting at.

slider said:
Maybe, just maybe, some peoples' reaction to the "art" is that despite being very well done there's nothing in there that is that surprising. Perhaps they feel it's all a little derivative. What you could expect from this type of game instead is anyone's guess.
It's more likely that generic comments are generic comments.

slider said:

You'd have to be of a certain persuasion to think that IMO but a tiny bit of me can see what they're getting at.

it's not that it looks like crap or that it's badly done.

it's like dejay said.. it's the ye-old times. And the ye-old times bring a certain expectation to how it will look. and it looks like the typicall fantasy/ fairytale ye-old times....

in artstyle, it brings nothing that sets it apart imo.. in gameplay it will i think.. Peter Molyneux has a lot of credit in that departement.

slider

Always-honest said:

it's like dejay said.. it's the ye-old times. And the ye-old times bring a certain expectation to how it will look. and it looks like the typicall fantasy/ fairytale ye-old times....

in artstyle, it brings nothing that sets it apart imo.. in gameplay it will i think.. Peter Molyneux has a lot of credit in that departement.

That's what I was saying! Derivative.

Truant

Danielsan said:
It's from an ingame cutscene in God Hand. :D

Also nice to hear that those silly breadcrumbs are optional. It's like playing Bioshock with the arrow, it's just wrong.

I was thinking of mailing Peter regarding this. My idea was to have leaves blowing in the general direction you needed to go.

adelante

After listening to the interview on OXMPodcast and 1upFM, plus hearing impressions from Garnett, Scooter, Alice...watching those new gameplay youtube clips...and then yet another interview by Brad's on Giantbomb, I cannot get anymore hyped up for this game than I already am!! Only second in my list of must-buys this year (first is Fifa09). You better not disappoint when I get my hands on this game Peterrrr

s67iqg.jpg

Always-honest said:

Nothing that sets it apart? There's nothing that looks remotely the same, even in the fantasy genre in games. Overlord might look a bit the same, but that's because they've ripped the first Fable's artstyle.

Kritz

Banned
I'm kind of disappointed by the texturing. It seems kind of inconsistent. Some look too stretched, some look a bit lower res, some look blurred. The lighting looks amazing and the green areas do a great job of masking a lot of things I'd probably pick on otherwise. The brown dark areas, though. They don't look so crash hot.

(Oh god what have PC games done to me? I'm a fucking graphics twat.)

Truant said:
Let them hate. They are insignificant.

wow.. aren't you the saddest person ever... so you can't even deal with an opinion (that is FAR from hating the game). You take every bit of critisism as a personal insult and translate it as being hatred.

okay, just to make you feel better:
The Artstyle is like NOTHING i've ever seen in my life. I have NO idea how they've come up with such unique looking artwork.

Always-honest said:
wow.. aren't you the saddest person ever... so you can't even deal with an opinion (that is FAR from hating the game). You take every bit of critisism as a personal insult and translate it as being hatred.

The Artstyle is like NOTHING i've ever seen in my life. I have NO idea how they've come up with such unique looking artwork.
Yeah I know, it's simply amazing isn't it? <3 Fable

Always-honest said:

Name another game that looks like Fable? Now name a game with an art style that's not influenced derivative of a cultural/artistic influence? Holy shit you have no point at all!

taku said:
It's got no personality. No style at all. And I'm commenting solely on the character design. I can't put my finger on it.. It's like the guys/girls who made the models have absolutely no sense of anatomy or art at all.

I've got no specific examples in my head right now, there are so many. Let's make it easier, you write a list of games similar to Fable or whatever you want, and I'll tell you which I think have a good art direction.

You can't put your finger on it...but its style has no personality, based on things you can't think of. No sense of anatomy or art at all? WTF does that even mean? Lets make it even easier. How about you stop posting, and we'll tell you what a great idea that was.

Anasui Kishibe said:
I don't see all this "fuckawsomeness" and I'm trying to identify a distinct art style, but can't. I'm not impressed.

but if game's fun, might consider a purchase

So if it doesn't have a distinct art style, its not impressive. Well, that makes no sense, but okay.

I'm seeing some nice examples of people trying to not like something with all their heart backing it up with some really funny reasons. I'm impressed.

Always-honest said:
not that impressed (artstyle wise). looks generic even imo .. maybe the gameplay is great.

How does it look generic? Because it has trees and houses and people?

You can show me a pic of Fable 2 and a pic another game with trees and people, and I can tell you what shot is the Fable 2 game. Because the style isn't generic. The style is Fable 2.

Sorry for harping on this, but I'd like some people to start making sense.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
If there was any lingering doubt about me buying this it is gone now. Now when is that Toys R Us buy two get one free deal?

taku

Chernobyled said:
You can't put your finger on it...but its style has no personality, based on things you can't think of. No sense of anatomy or art at all? WTF does that even mean? Lets make it even easier. How about you stop posting, and we'll tell you what a great idea that was.
Wow. Read my other posts. And why are you so sensitive? Did I offend you in any way? Judging by your reply, you should be the one who stops posting, not me.

Derail: Why is everyone so aggressive on GAF?

Trevelyan

Banned
Chernobyled said:
So if it doesn't have a distinct art style, its not impressive. Well, that makes no sense, but okay.

I'm seeing some nice examples of people trying to not like something with all their heart backing it up with some really funny reasons. I'm impressed.
Your posts are hilarious. Attacking people just because they don't like the art of a game? For fucks sake, calm the fuck down dude, people are allowed not like everything they see. As for me, I don't like the character art but really love the building architecture and design.

Trevelyan said:
Your posts are hilarious. Attacking people just because they don't like the art of a game? For fucks sake, calm the fuck down dude, people are allowed not like everything they see. As for me, I don't like the character art but really love the building architecture and design.

Attacking people? Hardly.

BUT I AM FREAKING OUT! I JUST KICKED MY DOG AND THREW A CHAIR!

People are allowed to not like things. I'm simply wondering if there is a valid reason in this case.

Top Bottom