• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Fable 2 images

Confidence Man said:
Haven't seen these yet.

screenshot_204460.jpg
Holy shit :lol

Chernobyled said:
How does it look generic? Because it has trees and houses and people?

You can show me a pic of Fable 2 and a pic another game with trees and people, and I can tell you what shot is the Fable 2 game. Because the style isn't generic. The style is Fable 2.

Sorry for harping on this, but I'd like some people to start making sense.

yeah, we discussed this. i already agreed the theme (ye-old) automaticly brings these types of houses and trees (like we've seen many times.) and that's only logicall.
My point is that it does little to add something to that world/ theme.. in terms of artstyle.
And i'm not just talking games here.. movies, animation, illustration.. the lots.

Always-honest said:
yeah, we discussed this. i already agreed the theme (ye-old) automaticly brings these types of houses and trees (like we've seen many times.) and that's only logicall.
My point is that it does little to add something to that world/ theme.. in terms of artstyle.
And i'm not just talking games here.. movies, animation, illustration.. the lots.
I understand what your saying. But to be honest, it doesn't matter as long as there aren't any actualy games with this art style around. If there would be a game with the same weird filter the movie "A Scanner Darkly" uses, no one would go like "wow that's so lame, there's already a movie with that style" or no one bitches about the artstyle Braid has, even though it only copies some painter (of whom I don't know the name) style.

Always-honest said:

But that's not a point. That's an expectation you have created in your mind that need not be met. What is supposed to be added, in your mind, to the world to save it from being derivitive and void of compelling art style? Space ships? Fable 2 has a style all its own IMO.

But lets agree to disagree because this discussion is pointless.

Happy gaming.

LCfiner

I am loving all these images. great style.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the first one but if fable 2 gets rids of all the invisible walls and linear paths (which it apparently has) then I'm sold. Day one.

Now I just need to finish Vesperia and IU before this one arrives. too much RPG goodness right now!!

taku

Chernobyled said:
But that's not a point. That's an expectation you have created in your mind that need not be met. What is supposed to be added, in your mind, to the world to save it from being derivitive and void of compelling art style? Space ships? Fable 2 has a style all its own IMO.

Happy gaming.
Oh my god :lol

pr0cs

Those new CVG shots look awesome, can't wait.
Local shop says it's the highest preordered game for October thus far, hope that continues. (though that might have been because of the pub-game pack ins)

Chernobyled said:
So if it doesn't have a distinct art style, its not impressive. Well, that makes no sense, but okay.

I'm seeing some nice examples of people trying to not like something with all their heart backing it up with some really funny reasons. I'm impressed.

it doesn't make sense to you, because you can't read.
I've put em as two separate things. GRAPHICALLY isn't impressive, to me. Now you can keep encrusting your keyboard with sperm while looking at Fable 2's pictures

Anasui Kishibe said:
it doesn't make sense to you, because you can't read.
I've put em as two separate things. GRAPHICALLY isn't impressive, to me. Now you can keep encrusting your keyboard with sperm while looking at Fable 2's pictures

I'll try to miss the keyboard so I can keep having this wonderfully enlightening conversation crust free.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
gnarkill bill said:
This better happen.
Indeed. Last year it was Halo 3, Gears of War, and Oblivion GOTY. My girlfriend scored three DS games as well...Phantom Hourglass, New Super Mario Bros., and Yoshi's Island (I think).

This year it'll be Fable 2, Fallout 3, and Dead Space depending on the timing of the sale.

Can't freakin' wait.

Chernobyled said:

Happy gaming.

indeed, enjoy the game! ;)

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
This may be a dumb question, but why is it daytime in some pictures and night in others? Are there day/night cycles or just it just depend on where you are?

Cianalas

Cocopjojo said:
This may be a dumb question, but why is it daytime in some pictures and night in others? Are there day/night cycles or just it just depend on where you are?
There were day/night cycles in the first game. I see no reason why there wouldn't be any in this one.

MMaRsu

Banned
Cocopjojo said:

day/night cycles obviously.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Cianalas said:
There were day/night cycles in the first game. I see no reason why there wouldn't be any in this one.
Ah, alright... I couldn't remember if there were cycles in the first game or if the lighting and sky just changed depending on what area you were in.

FFChris

Cocopjojo said:

Not only day and night cycles, but seasons too.

Edit: Just found a classic Molyneux quote while reading through a telegraph article.

P.Molyneux said:
"It started with a list on the wall which had 39 points." says Peter Molyneux, the lead designer. "Stuff like bigger world, more weapons, more spells. And at the end of that list it had a line drawn underneath it which said 'equals Fable II'. We stood back from that list and said 'that's not enough, that's what you'd obviously do in a sequel.' So we had another, smaller, list. First on that listl was drama and the reason for that is we want you to have the other stuff, but it's useless having it if you don't feel something. Underneath that drama point we wrote a single line - we want this to be the greatest story ever told."

Brilliant. :lol

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
FFChris said:
wat

And I thought I'd been keeping up with this game! Source, plox, I want to read about this.

Forget the haters. I don't even own a 360 and I think this game is one of the best looking, artistically speaking, games I've seen this generation. Sure it's another medieval game, but the game's art doesn't look bland compared to the other similiar settings. It's dark, has the Tim Burton look to it, which I LOVE.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
mrgone said:
Has the map size been addressed by the devs at all? The biggest complaint I had about the first game was that the world was basically a (short) chain of narrow hallway-like paths. Have they said anything about opening that up in the sequel?

It isn't a seamless open world like Oblivion - the "world" of Fable 2 is still many different, distinct maps and regions that are all connected.

But unlike Fable 1, within those distinct sections themselves you can go anywhere, if that makes sense. Hop the fence, swim through the water, etc.

GDJustin said:
It isn't a seamless open world like Oblivion - the "world" of Fable 2 is still many different, distinct maps and regions that are all connected.

But unlike Fable 1, within those distinct sections themselves you can go anywhere, if that makes sense. Hop the fence, swim through the water, etc.

Not only that but:

"There are 12 regions and each of those is about the size of the entire world in the first Fable."

DrBo42

FFChris said:

Edit: Just found a classic Molyneux quote while reading through a telegraph article.

P. Molyneux said:
"It started with a list on the wall which had 39 points." says Peter Molyneux, the lead designer. "Stuff like bigger world, more weapons, more spells. And at the end of that list it had a line drawn underneath it which said 'equals Fable II'. We stood back from that list and said 'that's not enough, that's what you'd obviously do in a sequel.' So we had another, smaller, list. First on that listl was drama and the reason for that is we want you to have the other stuff, but it's useless having it if you don't feel something. Underneath that drama point we wrote a single line - we want this to be the greatest story ever told."

Brilliant. :lol

sound_The%20greatest%20story%20ever%20told.jpg

He's got some competition. :lol

-ImaginaryInsider said:
Not only that but:

"There are 12 regions and each of those is about the size of the entire world in the first Fable."

Eh...im always cautious about statements like this but we shall see I guess.

Akira

One of my friends showed me a pic of him and a copy of Fable 2 in his hands!1111 He's one of my best friends so I don't think he would lie to me. The photo had a copy of the receipt as well. He said Gamestop works through his bank so they sometimes get free stuff but this is on another level! I didn't even know it's gold yet.

burgerdog

-ImaginaryInsider said:
Not only that but:

I said 'woah' if true, and fable 1 had seasons? I don't remember that.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Teknoman said:
Ok i'll be getting this....also I dont think Fable II is gold yet.
No, I think there's been some confusion about this. Molyneux said as far back as E3 in July that the game is 'complete', but what I think he means is that it's content complete. So they should be squishing bugs since July, hopefully.

Edit: Actually, yeah, I am right. I just remembered in that Giant Bomb interview Molyneux said the E3 build was 2xx ( 2 hundred and something), and yet the latest build is 3xx.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
burgerdog said:
It's come up a few times, can't find any links but I believe it's finished/gold.
Molyneax said in his Giant Bomb interview that the game was all but finished, there were just a handful of minor bugs that needed to be sorted out.

FoggyFreek

Peter Molyneux will be holding a keynote at GDC asia in about an hour. He will tell about the world of Fable II and how all the different social and economic engines work together to create a real-life word simulation. I'm looking for a way to stream it live, can't find anything. Well, let's hope we get some YouTube videos :)

Top Bottom