• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Famitsu scores ....BURINKUSU > *

bloke

PS2 Magna Carta 9-7-8-8
PS2 MADDEN 2K4 8-7-8-8
PS2 WE8 J League 8-8-8-8
PS2 DDR Festival 7-7-7-7
PS2 Momotarou Densetsu USA 8-8-8-8
GC Mario Party 6 8-7-8-8
XB Blinx 2 8-9-8-8
GC Naruto 3 8-7-7-7
GBA Metal Slug Advance 8-7-7-6
GBA Dragon Ball Advance 7-8-7-7

jiggle

Ooh, Magna Carta averages an 8. Surprisingly good score.

What happened to Naruto 3? How did the first 2 score?

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Wow, pretty nice score for Magna Carta. Banpresto and Softmax said they wanted to sell around 200,000 copies of it in Japan. Is anyone going to get it/import it?

Bebpo

Banned
It's not a pretty nice score for Magna Carta

it's THE SCORE ALL RPGS GET IN FAMITSU WEEKLY.

I'm not joking. Go find the scores of all the rpgs released this generation and 80-90% of them score a 31 or 32. Unless your rpg has serious issues (aka would score 6 or below in a US magazine) it will get a 31/32. Or if it's really really good it'll get 34+.

jiggle

Rei_Toei said:
Wow, pretty nice score for Magna Carta. Banpresto and Softmax said they wanted to sell around 200,000 copies of it in Japan. Is anyone going to get it/import it?

I think I am. Although I suspect this will get picked up by Midway or Atlus. Gonna wait until DQVIII comes out and order them both.

Amir0x said:
What's Magna Carta all about?

It's a rpg sequel to a Korean PC game. Best known for the fantastic character arts of Hyung-Tae Kim.

Info and images at http://www.magnacarta.jp/

Grubdog

Banned
Blinx is ready to storm Japan again!

Oh yeah, and nice Mario Party 6 scores! Dosn't Mario Party usually get slammed in reviews? How have recent Mario Partys done in Famitsu?

jiggle

Bebpo said:
It's not a pretty nice score for Magna Carta

it's THE SCORE ALL RPGS GET IN FAMITSU WEEKLY.

I'm not joking. Go find the scores of all the rpgs released this generation and 80-90% of them score a 31 or 32. Unless your rpg has serious issues (aka would score 6 or below in a US magazine) it will get a 31/32. Or if it's really really good it'll get 34+.

I'm hoping you'll be get it and providing us with a review.:)

bloke

Oh yea, the guy that posted scores on 2ch board said there's info on mini-xbox in famitsu, now either both scores and that info are fake, or mini-box is ...gasp... reality!
Or he's just pulling a leg. :p

Bebpo

Banned
jiggle said:
I'm hoping you'll be get it and providing us with a review.:)

Nope, I'm passing on it personally. I don't like the art style and in the past Korean-developed games have left a bad impression on me.

Though expect my full Stelladeus review in a day or two. It should be a long long review as I want to say soo much about it :)

Oh come on...I never played Naruto 2, but listened to everyone talk about it, so I ordered Naruto 3 from Play-Asia...And now it gets a 29/40...Eh.

COCKLES

being watched
Haterz of the Xdude =

owned.gif

:lol

Anyway, I enjoyed the demo in OXM, so I'm looking forward to B2 more than I was thinking I might. Didn't really care all that much for the pig side of things, but the Timesweeper side was fun.

ferricide

Bebpo said:
yeah, really. even unlimited saga got a ~31 IIRC. i have to go to the bathroom right now, and if kawazu were in the office i would use him as a human toilet based on that game.

WarPig

Geez, dude, he made a boring game, he didn't kill your cat or nothing.

In the meantime, taking Famitsu scores seriously is so 1998.

DFS.

Yeah, Naruto 3 has had the potential to be even better than Naruto 2, so why the lower scores? I'm thinking it may have something to do with the recycling of all the old levels and characters from Naruto 2 as they did with Naruto 1, so I'm not too worried about the score. I mean, they ARE adding alot of new changes such as multiple super moves, stance changes, etc. as well as the additional new characters.

Randam_Hajile said:
Yeah, Naruto 3 has had the potential to be even better than Naruto 2, so why the lower scores? I'm thinking it may have something to do with the recycling of all the old levels and characters from Naruto 2 as they did with Naruto 1, so I'm not too worried about the score. I mean, they ARE adding alot of new changes such as multiple super moves, stance changes, etc. as well as the additional new characters.

All they need to do is add the new charas and I'm in. No worries here. :)

krypt0nian said:
All they need to do is add the new charas and I'm in. No worries here. :)
Exactly. Naruto 2 is one of my favorite fighting games ever. I seriously doubt they could actually make it worse.

ferricide

WarPig said:
Geez, dude, he made a boring game, he didn't kill your cat or nothing.
to quote av, "his continued employment is a mystery". minstrel song makes me want to poke my fucking eyes out. DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

Top Bottom