• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Famitsu scores (Paper Mario 2, Boktai 2)

u_neek

Paper Mario RPG (GC, Nintendo): 9 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (33/40)
Gradius V (PS2, Konami): 8 / 7 / 8 / 9 - (32/40)
Tenchu Kurenai (PS2, From Software): 9 / 7 / 8 / 7 - (31/40)
Boktai 2: Solar Boy Django (GBA, Konami): 8 / 7 / 9 / 8 - (32/40)
Naruto RPG: Uketsugareshi Hi no Ishi (GBA, Tomy): 8 / 7 / 7 / 8 - (30/40)

Solid

u_neek said:
Paper Mario RPG (GC, Nintendo): 9 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (33/40)
Gradius V (PS2, Konami): 8 / 7 / 8 / 9 - (32/40)
Boktai 2: Solar Boy Django (GBA, Konami): 8 / 7 / 9 / 8 - (32/40)
:thumbs up:

Keio

For a Finer World
Too many good games! Argh!

Has anyone ever calculated what is the average review score from Famitsu, btw? About 25?

Bebpo

Banned
Keio said:
Too many good games! Argh!

Has anyone ever calculated what is the average review score from Famitsu, btw? About 25?

Well the average for rpgs must be a 32 because they give 99% of rpgs a 32 or 33. So basically it tells you nothign >_<

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
Can't wait for Boktai 2. The first game was really good and I have the feeling the second one will only rise above the original.

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
Deg said:
Is Botkai worth buying?

Yes, especially because you can find it fairly cheap currently. CC had it recently for $5 and you might be able to find a flood of them on eBay, too. It's like Metal Gear: Towel of Babel, minus the huge amounts of text plus RPG elements.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Deg said:
Is Botkai worth buying?
I'm going to warn you right now that Boktai is a very enjoyable and rewarding game ONLY if you have access to a reliable source of sunlight. This game will force you at times (not being specific to avoid any spoilers) to play only in sunlight. If the region where you live happens to be sun drenched then you'll find a very unique and quirky game that's quite similar to MGS in design.

Brofist

PM2 looks sweet as hell. I was playing around today at a game shop...they had a kiosk with it, the graphics are just so damn cute (in a good way, not teh kiddie hehe). I might actually pick up a GC for it.

I would just like to know if they prefer it over Paper Mario 1. If it's as good as the first then that alone will be a hell of a feat.

Dagon

Mashing said:
Probably the humor... M&L is a hilarious game

"I'VE GOT FURY!"

Definitely. Mario & Luigi is one of the funniest games I've played. I laughed out loud on a regular basis. Usually, nothing more than a smirk crosses my lips. Bravo Nintendo. Keep it up.

Top Bottom