• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Famitsu scores (Suikoden IV)

Solid

The old?

Genso Suikoden IV (PS2, Konami): 8 / 7 / 8 / 7 - (30/40)
Gunslinger Girl Vol. 3 (PS2, Bandai): 7 / 7 / 6 / 7 - (27/40)
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact (PS2, SNK Playmore): 7 / 7 / 7 / 7 - (28/40)
Tokyo Majin Gakuen (PS2, Marvelous): 7 / 7 / 6 / 7 - (27/40)
Summon Night: Craft Sword Monogatari 2 (GBA, Banpresto): 8 / 10 / 8 / 8 - (34/40)

Gibbo

Pretty disappointing score for Suikoden. But being a hardcore suiko fan, i'll be getting this game no matter what. The trinity system in Suiko 3 is one of the greatest and flawlessly executed ideas in the history of videogames.

P90

Gibbo said:
The trinity system in Suiko 3 is one of the greatest and flawlessly executed ideas in the history of videogames.

Couldn't disagree more. A case of boring backtracking that cannot be found to that high a degree in any other game. The Geddoe story was great. The other two were blah (Chris) and boring (the kid, I forget his name).

Did Capcom do a bad marketing job with it or something? I don't really understand why it sold the way it did. Seems like a good game and its attached to a big series.

kiryogi

Banned
There were commercials! (airred along during Rockman Axess) and posters. And even preorder pen give aways. Not to mention lots of korokoro articles. It's either because of FF 1+2/PM2, lack of interest, or Kitabayashi did a crime to X for going RPG (Like making BoFV not BoF) o_O

edit: and can't forget, the famitsu gold!

It's really surprising as even BoFV ended up selling 140k in Japan. It seems like MM is going to struggle to reach that amount with both games combined. Unless the game turns out to be a big hit, I doubt there will ever be another MM like this.

kiryogi

Banned
Maybe the marketing isn't as big.. They did take awhile to update the site and theres still not download goodies! Rawr! And yeah, the whole sales thing is of my concern because that means no sequel! ;_; Well maybe.

Newduck

Disapointing, can't say i'm suprised though. Suikoden 4 never really looked that good in movies, kinda a shame if i turns out half the series is pretty average. Hope WA Another Code F turns out better.

Crappy scores for KOF too.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Deepthroat said:
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact (PS2, SNK Playmore): 7 / 7 / 7 / 7 - (28/40)

It's Famitsu, so this really has no meaning, but I've read several reports that seem to indicate that this game should be getting a higher score.

jarrod

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
It's really surprising as even BoFV ended up selling 140k in Japan. It seems like MM is going to struggle to reach that amount with both games combined. Unless the game turns out to be a big hit, I doubt there will ever be another MM like this.
Well Dragon Quarter sold mainly off it's BOF heritage initially (the backlash came after release). BOF games used to regularly clear 400-500k so it's not that great really.

I think the main problem with Command Mission is it being based on the dated X universe rather than the extremely popular .EXE universe. Had it been the latter, I think this could've been a huge seller....

Top Bottom