• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Famitsu scores

Altermo

Please note that the scores are NOT confirmed.

Sega Rally 2006 (PS2, Sega): 6 / 6 / 7 / 7 - (26/40)
Dead or Alive 4 (Xbox 360, Tecmo): 10 / 10 / 9 / 10 - (39/40)
[eM] -eNCHANT arM- (Xbox 360, From Software): 8 / 7 / 7 / 7 - (29/40)
Project Gotham Racing 3 (Xbox 360, Microsoft): 9 / 8 / 8 / 8 - (33/40)
Gunparade Orchestra: Shiro no Shou (PS2, Sony): 7 / 7 / 7 / 6 - (27/40)
Eiyuu Densetsu Gagharv Trilogy V: Umi no Oriuta (PSP, Bandai): 7 / 7 / 7 / 8 - (29/40)
Yakitate!! Japan Game 1 Gou Choujou Kessen!! Pantasic Grand Prix! (NDS, Bandai): 7 / 7 / 7 / 7 - (28/40)
Zettai Zetsumei: Dangerous Jiisan (NDS, Kids Station): 6 / 6 / 7 / 7 - (26/40)

to be continued

Source: http://www.gamefront.de/

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
sega rally noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i thought this was being made by sega rosso?

what happened :(

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Altermo said:
Please note that the scores are NOT confirmed.
Dead or Alive 4 (Xbox 360, Tecmo): 10 / 10 / 9 / 10 - (39/40)
O RLY?

Impressive for Team Ninja (tho I don't care much for the series). Easily will be the top selling X360 game.

jedimike

If the DOA4 score holds, MS needs to send Team Ninja and Famitsu a thank you note full of benjamins... or perhaps they already have ;)

sprsk

Kseutron said:
well japanese just love DOA

nothing new or surprising here

Well thats not totally true.

anyway who cares about that pile of shit doa4 when there are bigger issues at hand (SEGA RALLY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)

jimbo

Banned
When is DOA4 supposed to be released in Japan? I am curious how this game will affect Japanese 360 sales.

Also it looks like Blue Dragon is in Famitsu's top 10 most wanted at number 8.

sprsk

jimbo said:
When is DOA4 supposed to be released in Japan? I am curious how this game will affect Japanese 360 sales.

Also it looks like Blue Dragon is in Famitsu's top 10 most wanted at number 8.

It's out already.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Dosen't Famitsu usually overinflate their scores? (Nintendogs 40/40 sheesh!) I can see the DoA 4 score being feasible, even if it isn't correct.

sprsk

Archie said:
Dosen't Famitsu usually overinflate their scores? (Nintendogs 40/40 sheesh!) I can see the DoA 4 score being feasible, even if it isn't correct.

No the story guys they kidna just make up scores and ask the company if thats okay with them or somethin I dunno.

Im not sure when it came out in japan i assume around the same time as the US one.

meppi

Could it be that Sega Rally scored so bad simply because it's too arcadey or simplistic when they were expecting a full out rally simulation game? [/clinging to straws] :(

And does anyone know how good the original game has been ported? I only saw the small movie clip at the end of the official trailer and it looked very promising...

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Someone once said Famitsu in Japan is like Gamepro in the US.

Kiyamon

I think DOA totally deserves that score... I picked it up mostly for when my brothers and friends come over, but I have not stopped playing it... and I have not even gone online with it. This really is the best fighter in the last couple of years.

Jonnyram

Some of the stuff they said about Sega Rally:
all four reviewers agreed the controls were responsive
all four said the load times were terrible
someone said the career mode is bloody hard

I don't know if the complaints justify such a low score though.

sprsk

Jonnyram said:
Some of the stuff they said about Sega Rally:
all four reviewers agreed the controls were responsive
all four said the load times were terrible
someone said the career mode is bloody hard

I don't know if the complaints justify such a low score though.

humm have you seen the issue?

Shinobi

The question I've always had about Sega Rally 2K6 is the hairpins. In the vids I've viewed, I haven't seen 'em. I'd like to think they just haven't been shown...it's kinda hard to conceive a rally game of any type not featuring one of the staples of the sport. And Sega Rally 2's courses were filled with mind-bending hairpins (Isle SS3 was a hairpin's conniseurs wet dream). But I've yet to find the answers I seek on this particularly issue.

So that's what I'd like to find out about, the course design...and no review score is gonna tell me about that whether it's a 26 or 38.

Grug

Gee, a Japanese developed fighting game featuring bouncy breasted women with the faces of 14 year olds getting a 39/40?

Who woulda thunk it?

Kuroyume

Banned
Grug said:
Gee, a Japanese developed fighting game featuring bouncy breasted women with the faces of 14 year olds getting a 39/40?

Who woulda thunk it?

Wow, the Nintendo trolls are in full force.

gconsole

Mrbob said:
DoA4 hits 39/40, huh?

Looks like Ninja Gaiden 2 is going to hit the coveted 40/40 score. :D

Impossible since japanese never love pure action game. (If you realize that DMC only got 33/40)

Prine

Banned
hah more ammo for Itagaki's ego. Lets hope sales are as impressive as that score.

Go TeamNinja!

PGR3 deserves that DOA4 score tbh

Also what did Tekken 5/6 get??

:D

ghibli99

After watching the latest SR2K6 videos, the 6 and 7 scores aren't surprising. I doubt Sega cleaned up the pop-up in any significant way, and the physics looked really weird when watching the game in replay mode. Car models also look like GT3-generation (or worse) as opposed to what we're used to nowadays.

Another ruined franchise... go, Sega. Sad thing is I'll probably still play it just to confirm it's indeed the crap Famitsu's claiming.

Last Hope

Surprising how hight DOA4 got. Microsoft's next big title which is supposed to win Japan over is eM. It does not look like it will do too hot which is disappointing but at least it is an RPG, something that MS does not seem to understand that they need.

sangreal

Last Hope said:
Surprising how hight DOA4 got. Microsoft's next big title which is supposed to win Japan over is eM. It does not look like it will do too hot which is disappointing but at least it is an RPG, something that MS does not seem to understand that they need.

You are right, Microsoft has absolutely no clue that they need RPGs.

Mike Fischer [Marketing manager for xbox japan]: The interesting thing about the Japanese market is that Japanese gamers are quite immune to what we view as successful marketing methods in the West. They don't choose a games console in the same way that some people choose to wear a pair of Adidas or Nikes. When we asked Japanese gamers what informed their choice of console they told us they would choose whichever one had the games they wanted to play. So that boils down to what console has Final Fantasy. If two consoles have Final Fantasy, they'll choose the one with the greatest variety of Final Fantasy games.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=119717

GS: What are the most important elements a game needs to have to be a success in Japan?

YM [Yoshihiro Maruyama, head of Xbox Japan]: The one thing we [didn’t create] for the current-generation Xbox was role-playing games.

http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-15016-2009-4-4-x

Top Bottom