• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Far Cry is said to be in development and will release before April 2021

zeorhymer

Something something liberate outposts something something liberate zones then boss. Almost forgot, collect lots of stuff.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I enjoyed 3 and Blood Dragon, skipped 4, and liked Primal. I did get 5, but it was overall lackluster. Either by its own, or in combination of me maybe getting tired of the FC gameplay, I'm not sure.

A medieval or older time setting would be great.

Solarstrike

Is the Far Cry 5 spin off worth playing? I liked the main game.

Yes, it's good. Some re-used assets but it makes sense when the game is a direct sequel to FCV. The environments are beautiful in their own way. Ubisoft really knows how to make expansive worlds. Believable? I don't know but immersive? Yes. It's a key component of a good game if it can capture the player's senses.

Last edited:
Yes, it's good. Some re-used assets but it makes sense when the game is a direct sequel to FCV. The environments are beautiful in their own way. Ubisoft really knows how to make expansive worlds. Believable? I don't know but immersive? Yes. It's a key component of a good game if it can capture the player's senses.
Interesting. Thanks for the reply. I might pick it up as it's dirt cheap.

The only way that I'm going to buy Far Cry 6 is if it goes back to Africa and they make it closer to Far Cry 2 or if it's like FC5's Vietnam DLC. Far Cry 4 was as close to FC2 as we got with past sequels except it was boring that there wasn't more than one type of biome to explore in the free roam portion of the game. Far Cry 5 and New Dawn were absolute shit. They hold your hand through the whole game and make you grind through horrible side missions to unlock story missions.

I just want to be more immersed in Far Cry again. Give me a physical map in my hand, guns that rust and am with extended use and enemy AI closer to FC2!

Last edited:
I absolutely loved FC3, totally worth installing UPlay (that, of course, I uninstalled immediately after being done with the game anyway). It's weird because I usually don't like open-world that much.
The first one was also great, I might go back to it one day... after the rest of my backlog is dealt with. :messenger_face_screaming:

I hope they bring back hunting properly where it was linked to upgrades.

The dumbing down of this aspect in 5 just made it feel like an MMORPG and all the work they put into the map / regions was largely redundant.

SleepDoctor

Banned
I loved Far Cry 3 but every single video I saw of all the following games looked like a reskinned Far Cry 3 so I just never played any more of them.

recma12

This series badly needs an overhaul, and not by making it a shitty RPG with loot and numbers flying over enemies’ heads after you shoot them.

But how can you sell XP boosters if headshots kill enemies in one hit?

Seriously, imo Ubi can get fucked for the time being. All their games are now designed around how high the RPG numbers above an enemies head are.
I mean, I did like the first Division game.... but I never wanted that numbers in AC, FC and Ghost Recon ffs

When I snuck up behind a guard in AC Odyssey, slit his throat and he didn't die because he was a higher level I instantly dropped that game.

Love the far cry formula. 4 and primal are my favorite. I'll play whatever they put out. Imagine a Primal sequel with coop and some dinos and fort building elements. If done right that would be killer.

Last edited:
Ah I've recently made it clear that my favourite was FC2, i don't it'll be similar to that one so I'm not too interested in this~ interested to see how the follow up Odyssey... Nordic setting, right? To be honest i think I'm looking forward to their return to historical settings.. i guess it's inevitable that they'll put us in ancient China at some point~

The Alien

Banned
I enjoyed every Far Cry game I played.
I just played every other one. Otherwise, I'd get too sick of them. Good that they letting this one cook a little longer. I'm sure itll look and play great.

iorek21

If that's Vaas, then FC6 will be set in what? 80s?

And if that's indeed the case, then Citra will also be present in FC6

Last edited:

When I heard that Gus from BB was going to be in this I already knew they would be sticking with the same formula that to me is already tired. The whole 'hey let's try to recreate Vaas but make him a little different and put the player in a different setting' thing. If this is young Vaas, I'm going to laugh my ass off.

I just imagine a room of producers, "Ok, so no one thought Pagan Min was as good as Vaas, Joseph Seed was decent but triggered American game journalists.....I got it! Vaas's Dad with young Vaas! It will be great! Like Jango Fett with young Boba! Everyone loved that right?!"

Hoping it's not true, but it probably is. Fuckin Ubi Soft man

nemiroff

Gold Member
I kinda enjoy the FC games in general. But I wish Ubisoft hired a competent AI team.. What they've done until now has been utterly ridiculous. I'm surprised there hasn't been even more discussions about this issue even though it recently was a hot topic regarding Breakpoint.

Last edited:
Top Bottom