• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

new FFIV DS V Jump scans

Metalmurphy

Member
Jan 17, 2007
32,670
1
0
Portugal
steamcommunity.com
Darunia said:
Nothing much compared to Amano's original artwork


I'd say there's a big difference :p
 

PolyGone

Banned
Feb 2, 2006
5,326
1
0
39
Cecil's Paladin artwork (status screen) looks ugly - otherwise looks awesome. Thanks for the excellent scans!
 

JayDubya

Banned
May 2, 2006
19,833
3
0
CTLance said:
FBAS - Female Battle Armor Syndrome strikes again!

Silly rabbit. Squishy mage types don't wear armor. They wear robes and dresses and what not. Much to the happiness of the GAF crowd it would seem. :lol

Now, if Rydia were supposed to be a front-line fighter, you might have a point. :lol But no, she is the very definition of a the back-row squishy, the reason Cecil has a Cover ability.
 
Sep 27, 2004
6,062
0
0
39
Kalamazoo, MI
I don't remember the Pillsbury Doughboy being in this game.
Rydia has delicious breasts.
I hate the color of Yang's facial hair.
The battle with the bombs looks great.

Thank you again Neo
 

Kosma

Banned
Feb 22, 2007
10,841
0
1,085
I'm trying to get an FF collection going, should I buy the GBA FFIV or wait for this one?
 

soul

Member
Mar 28, 2007
2,991
1
1,290
oo Kosma oo said:
I'm trying to get an FF collection going, should I buy the GBA FFIV or wait for this one?

I guess you best wait for this one, but if you plan a collection buy both. I remember reading an interview saying this version will have a few different plot twists, extra dungeons etc.
 

Kosma

Banned
Feb 22, 2007
10,841
0
1,085
soul said:
I guess you best wait for this one, but if you plan a collection buy both. I remember reading an interview saying this version will have a few different plot twists, extra dungeons etc.

Well it doesn't have to be the most complete collection ever, I'm aiming for having every numbered FF and a couple of spin offs that I like (FFT, FFTA, CC).

I still have to get FFX, FFX-2 , but I'm having a hard time to choose between the platinum versions (new) or the original ones (used). Argh!
 

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Mar 10, 2005
19,205
0
1,640
oo Kosma oo said:
It does look good.

I still have to get FFX, FFX-2 , but I'm having a hard time to choose between the platinum versions (new) or the original ones (used). Argh!

Original man. European Platinum versions are sins against humanity

Also if you have a US PS2, get the ntsc version of FFX, because the PAL version is all kinds of raped
 

Pureauthor

Member
Jun 11, 2006
21,846
0
0
I like Dark Knight Cecil's art.

Dark Wave/Surge/Whatever had better still be useable after he goes Pally.
 

Kosma

Banned
Feb 22, 2007
10,841
0
1,085
Darunia said:
Original man. European Platinum versions are sins against humanity

Also if you have a US PS2, get the ntsc version of FFX, because the PAL version is all kinds of raped

I don't have a PS2 (anymore)....I'll be playing them when I finally get a PS3.
 

madara

Member
Jun 8, 2004
8,620
0
0
Hmm more ps1 polys dont know how I feel about that but if that is the only way oh well. I still cant wait play this game and DQ4 here. I demand they do something special by time they get to FF6 though I dont want see no sterile advent children realism with that treasure, find a way 3d sprite or something.
 

ITA84

Member
Feb 10, 2007
684
0
0
www.youtube.com
I guess the bottom right pic description in the second scan pretty much confirms that Rosa and Rydia acquired Palom and Porom's "Twin" ability.
 

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Dec 2, 2006
38,703
0
0
Looking at the CG renders, it shows how cool Yoshitaka Amano's art can be in 3D:)
 

SOLDIER

Member
Dec 4, 2006
5,781
0
1,040
www.blamethelag.wordpress.com
Good God, what have they done? Don't they know Rydia is still a child whose body grew rapidly? Don't put dirty thoughts on our minds, SE.

Of course, I still wonder to this day whether Rydia's timeskip was done in a natural cycle (she spent years in the cave while it was only a few days in the outside world) or if it was instant (her body rapidly aged after just a few days).

I've always believed it was the latter, since Rydia mentions surprise how quickly her body grew, plus the fact that her dialog is still child-like even when she grows up.

Therefore, don't hit on the 6 year old with overnight boobs. :(
 

SantaC

Member
Jun 11, 2004
22,126
5,418
2,055
Darunia said:
Original man. European Platinum versions are sins against humanity

Also if you have a US PS2, get the ntsc version of FFX, because the PAL version is all kinds of raped

eh International version is the only way to go. It rapes all other versions.
 

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Dec 2, 2006
38,703
0
0
SOLDIER said:
Good God, what have they done? Don't they know Rydia is still a child whose body grew rapidly? Don't put dirty thoughts on our minds, SE.

Of course, I still wonder to this day whether Rydia's timeskip was done in a natural cycle (she spent years in the cave while it was only a few days in the outside world) or if it was instant (her body rapidly aged after just a few days).

I've always believed it was the latter, since Rydia mentions surprise how quickly her body grew, plus the fact that her dialog is still child-like even when she grows up.

Therefore, don't hit on the 6 year old with overnight boobs. :(

Ermm I'm pretty sure there will be a child version of her.
 

JayDubya

Banned
May 2, 2006
19,833
3
0
I always had the impression that time and her aging had felt like a natural progression to her, but that time flowed at a different rate in the summoning world relative to the rest of the world. In other words, I think her aging process was normal from her perspective even if it was sped up from everyone else's. Relativity, albeit magical in nature.

That, and it was a pretty long span of time from when Leviathan crushed the Fabul ship to when Rydia saves Paladin Cecil's bacon in the Underworld. It wasn't like Rydia disappeared and then the next day they found her. That's a very long chunk of the game while she's presumably dead.
 

takotchi

Member
Apr 29, 2007
545
0
0
So... my Japanese isn't that good (yet) but it seems like in this new "dekanto" ability system, you get items (like from Edward/Gilbert) and then you can have characters learn a new ability (like Cecil learning Sing).

I wonder if that means we don't get those extra characters back like in the GBA version?

As for the freaky little white critters (pōchika)... meh, somebody that knows more than I do can translate that maybe.