• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New FFXV screenshots from 4Gamer

I'm pretty sure she didn't say that.

Indeed, it's quite obvious in context that she's saying "nothing crazy/esoteric/way out there" like VII, VIII, X or XIII.

I like what they're saying actually - a simple and relatable narrative that takes its depth from the world and the characterization and character interactions. This is what works so well in Suikoden (V in particular I think), and if they can pull it off with XV I'll be very happy.

This sounds more the direction of IV, VI, and XII, where the plot is mostly straightforward, and it's all about the characters' journey and growth through difficult times.

The one seemingly contradictory thing in the video is that Tabata emphasizes Noctis' regal nature, and how this affects his interactions with the people around him, while the scenario writer makes a big deal about how ordinary Noct is in comparison to Luna, who is beloved by the people world over.

Dark_castle

I'm actually surprised that there is no FF7 based DLC yet. That's usually the first stuff they go for.

Possibly because FF7 remake is coming and they don't want the tie in to be too on the nose.

Who are we kidding. Expect $5.99 Buster Sword dlc at launch.

daitoqu

Show me another outfit that's not black in colour.

No prob, brah.
ebadicR.png

yeah, i hate to say it, but there's no way the ps4 version looks like this(based on the playable demos we've had so far)
image quality is WAY cleaner in these shots. and no dithered hair transparencies
these are definitely pc bullshots

edit: hmm or maybe not. those bigger images in the post above mine look like the ps4 version. i guess the scaled down ones in the OP hide the dithering and stuff

I don't think it's fair to compare how the game would be looking now to either of the demos. Duscae is very old, Platinum was made as a separate demo from what's in the game, and this is the period of time where things like IQ should be getting ironed out.

Ah yes! The 'high fantasy' of FFVI with its:

-gearwork technology
-steam powered boats
-electric lighting
-industrial cities
-mechs (even ones that can fly!)
-biological engineering via SCIENCE!
-a fortress equipped with a massive engine allowing it to travel under ground
-chainsaws!

Final Fantasy has been mixing aesthetics since day 1. Some go harder in one direction than another, but it's also very rare for the series to have two predominantly 'hi tech' entries back-to-back (I can really only think of VII and VIII), so I just never understand these kinds of posts. This whining about "can it be fantasy again?" is one of the most baffling, consistently disingenuous requests I see aimed at this series... and it happens with every FF that has even a hint of tech.
I just chalk it up to people misunderstanding the word 'fantasy'.

Damn, nailed it.

Indeed, it's quite obvious in context that she's saying "nothing crazy/esoteric/way out there" like VII, VIII, X or XIII.

I like what they're saying actually - a simple and relatable narrative that takes its depth from the world and the characterization and character interactions. This is what works so well in Suikoden (V in particular I think), and if they can pull it off with XV I'll be very happy.

This sounds more the direction of IV, VI, and XII, where the plot is mostly straightforward, and it's all about the characters' journey and growth through difficult times.

The one seemingly contradictory thing in the video is that Tabata emphasizes Noctis' regal nature, and how this affects his interactions with the people around him, while the scenario writer makes a big deal about how ordinary Noct is in comparison to Luna, who is beloved by the people world over.

I'm expecting big plot twists in the game but yeah, a more simple approach is what they need after the all "read the whole datalog to understand the story" from FF XIII.

I'm expecting big plot twists in the game but yeah, a more simple approach is what they need after the all "read the whole datalog to understand the story" from FF XIII.

I'd wager there will be a big twist too - but yeah, SE seems to have heard the "too confusing" criticisms with XIII loud and clear. Though the core plot isn't more confusing than VII or X, but those plots played out in game, which makes a huge difference.

My worry on this front with XV is Kingsglaive/Brotherhood. Are the character relationships going to be fully fleshed out in game, or are they going to expect everyone has experienced both?

I'm going to treat Kingsglaive like a long early cutscenes, but obviously not everyone will do that....

Ydelnae

It won't happen, but it imagine if by "easy to understand" story they mean a MGSV approach? I would set my copy on fire if that happens

Byvar

It will be great if they leave the "Cidney" text on the car skin for the English version. People will think they misspelled the name "Cindy".
Edit -> Actually I heard them commenting on the Cidney/Cindy thing during that skin's video. I didn't really get what they were saying but it sounded like they're changing it to "Cindy edition" here. So they're leaving that change in after all. :/

Also, poor Mat.

I'd wager there will be a big twist too - but yeah, SE seems to have heard the "too confusing" criticisms with XIII loud and clear. Though the core plot isn't more confusing than VII or X, but those plots played out in game, which makes a huge difference.

My worry on this front with XV is Kingsglaive/Brotherhood. Are the character relationships going to be fully fleshed out in game, or are they going to expect everyone has experienced both?

I'm going to treat Kingsglaive like a long early cutscenes, but obviously not everyone will do that....

Impressions from the people who already saw Kingslaive are good. They said it's a very emotional movie too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8MQh7nzO84&t=32m45s

New Active Time Report where the DLC footage is from.

Oh wow, when they showed the suit footage Somnus was playing. Neat.

PSY・S;208760004 said:
yooo, lightning's sword is ace.

why am i shocked

I just watched the gameplay of Lightning's blade and it was the most boring of the DLC weapons. They should let we shoot using her weapon, it would be a great addition to it.

HMD

The only difference is, other one has taste :p

ok maybe I would do this too if I had the unlimited money cheat like those lucky bastards.

I'm one of those "lucky bastards", believe me you're talking about the 0.001% here.

Koozek

New Kingsglaive art (thanks to @Nova_Crystallis):
CmM4WiiUcAEAsAI.jpg

beSFiXF.png

STELLA WHO?
---

Prelude's in pretty much every Final Fantasy. FFXV uses a different arrangement.

I know that, lol. But yeah, just checked, it's not the same arrangement. Not even close besides the female choir, haha. Guess I was too sleepy, literally fell asleep 5 minutes after starting up the game :D Uninstalled already, anyway. The presentation was better than expected with these type of games, though SE already set the bar high with Mobius, and the music was nice as usual with SE's mobile games (like FF Dimension), but man, these Gacha games are the absolute most boring garbage gameplay-wise. Just slot machines in a prettier dress. Sakaguchi's Terra Battle was the only F2P game I've ever played that genuinely felt like a fun game that you could play and progress organically skill-wise for a long time without spending any money on - the kind of game where you felt guilty if you didn't pay anything after having played many hours.

Koozek

Bruh that's the Prelude.

Hahaha, yeah, sorry :D I was tired as hell and as soon as I heard that female choir I thought it was the FFXV arrangement since I wrongly assumed Yoshitaka Suzuki, who arranged the FFXV song, was working on Brave Exvius, too, but it's actually Noriyasu Agematsu.

Top Bottom