• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New FFXV screenshots from 4Gamer

Balls

Banned
ClpUhgbWYAA3qbi.jpg

ClpR3TNXEAA4BRO.jpg

ClpR3VUWMAAoLTK.jpg

ClpR3QtWkAAv2c3.jpg

ClpQ_I9XIAApGZU.jpg

ClpQ_MLWkAQpMk3.jpg

ClpQ_NwWEAI5f7A.jpg

ClpQZz3WIAA3naK.jpg

ClpQaMmWQAAVy7e.jpg

ClpQaNAWIAErq6c.jpg

ClpQaKBWEAAg6dm.jpg

ClpQHRlWIAQXg9U.jpg

ClpQHWNXIAA7Hqz.jpg

ClpQHZ9WIAAqYvB.jpg

ClpPin3XIAAgyyw.jpg

ClpPi0cWAAAdB6c.jpg

ClpPi3vXEAAFYIB.jpg

ClpPRVwWEAAerzg.jpg

ClpPRVdWMAIh3of.jpg

ClpPQz1XIAAAFik.jpg

ClpP0YzWYAIoMa1.jpg

ClpP0btWAAAUR10.jpg

ClpPi13XIAEhhgv.jpg

Arkeband

Banned
I can't see Sony button icons (generic "R" button suggests PC build) so these probably don't represent how the game will look on consoles in September.

KingJ2002

Now these are screenshots that should be released. This game looks amazing and I hope the final product echoes this.

edit: Yep... these are from 4gamer.net (can a mod change the title please?)

More screens from the source.

Mivey

I can't see Sony button icons (generic "R" button suggests PC build) so these probably don't represent how the game will look on consoles in September.
The R ist just right thumbstick.
Maybe they just generalized Xbox and Sony buttons into one? It's stil refering to clear positions on a gamepad (which face button, which directional button, thumbsticks)

darthkarki

The game itself looks pretty good in these shots. Hopefully they can do something about the aliasing and dithering we've seen before. The gameplay in the Platinum demo was pretty boring, but I'm still interested in seeing what the final game will be like.

However, what I just cannot get past is the absolutely awful UI/menu design. It's just abysmal. There is just crap all over the screen, there's no way to focus on anything and take in all the information you need. Personally I think the aesthetic is just kind of terrible too, but it's the lack of functionality that really drags it down. I can't believe they're still stuck in the PS1 era with their terrible UI and menus. And those sounds the menus make. Ugh.

Hopefully the game is good enough I can look past that.

chefbags

『Inaba Resident』;208107145 said:
Is this the first time Square has released "not garbage" screenshots for this game?
Anyway, these look great. can't wait to play

Yeah I think so lol. These are miles ahead from what we got the past year and a half haha.

Byvar

The IQ looks alright for a change. Nice!

Also, this is their PC build. All of the footage they previously showed that was confirmed to run on either PS4 or Xbox One had console-specific button icons, and everything they said was running on PC had these generalized button icons.

They need to stop taking pictures of these areas. shit is all the show and it's about time they release screenshots of more varied and exotic locations.

Desert area
Forest Area
yawn

chefbags

The game itself looks pretty good in these shots. Hopefully they can do something about the aliasing and dithering we've seen before. The gameplay in the Platinum demo was pretty boring, but I'm still interested in seeing what the final game will be like.

However, what I just cannot get past is the absolutely awful UI/menu design. It's just abysmal. There is just crap all over the screen, there's no way to focus on anything and take in all the information you need. Personally I think the aesthetic is just kind of terrible too, but it's the lack of functionality that really drags it down. I can't believe they're still stuck in the PS1 era with their terrible UI and menus. And those sounds the menus make. Ugh.

They're doing a revision of the UI again so hopefully it fixes the clutter. Besides Tabata said you can turn off the hud. Not sure if individually so if someone can correct that'd be great.

FWIW, Tabata said you can turn the UI off if you prefer.

There is just crap all over the screen

Don't forget what the last main FF looked like

Sendero

Hope there is a way to turn off the GUI (at least on the hypothetical PC version). Those screens are sure busy.

They need to stop taking pictures of these areas. shit is all the show and it's about time they release screenshots of more varied and exotic locations.
The Japanese magazines might have similar hands on with the first two hours hence these screens. No one has yet to see the full game from start to end, which is reportedly 40-50 hours.

Top Bottom