• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy Tactics Remaster Potentially Leaked

ethomaz

Banned
The game was and is still difficult and grindy. Some difficulty spikes in particular are just fiendish. The first one I can remember was like the fifth mission in the game when you start at the bottom of a hill that is full of enemy archers. If you hadn't spec'd your team a certain way, you'd have to grind for three hours to unlock classes and abilities strong enough to counter them. Also random encounters level scale, which means they're more difficult than the story missions if you stop and grind too many times.
The game difficult scales with your max main character level… so if you are high level the enemies will be high level if you are low level they will be low level.
Stories battles will scale way lower than you main max level while the random battles (when you move in the map) will scale around your max level… so random battle are way more difficult than stories battles.

Another point is that if you stick to one class path for each you won’t need to grind… and remember that the key to win/lose are debuffs and buffs so have supportive characters classes in your team always.

Character specific classes are overpowered too like Ramza, Angrias, Cidilfus, Dellita, etc… they have specific class for them that you should focus because they break the level difficult system (Dellita supportive long range buffs/debuffs are ridiculous to the point to stop even bosses to move or attack) and Ramza/Angrias/Cildifus main multiple rang attack spells are devastators even in end game battles… Cidifuls can play alone battles without any issue… that how game breaking easy it is.

Plus try to focus in different class paths to the others characters that doesn’t have specific classes… Calculator, Time Mage, and even Black/White mages are essential to the party…. Calculators and Time Mages again are game breaking characters.

It is a strategy game and the key for win/lose is how you use your supportive characters… doing that the game is very easy to the point to be mindless easy due the several amount of game breaking classes already in early game.

Some skills breaks the game too like AutoPotions (you don’t need White Mages or Healers anymore) or AutoHaster (basically after some hits you will start to attack several times before your enemies attacks)…

Man… Sunken State, Hamedo, Meatbone, Arrow Guard, TP + Meteor, Calculators, Short Charge, Ninja + Concentrate… any of these will make you auto battle all battles in the game and you will get all these before mid of game just doing stories missions (no grind).

PS. I’m talking about Vanilla FFT… it is easy and doesn’t need grind if you don’t want… the stories missions will level you enough to all encounters… I never played the PSP version so I don’t know if it was changed.

Edit - More I think about it… more easier the game becomes in my mind… it just too many overpowered classes and skills.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
lol, 6 red chocobo random battle, noped the fuck out of there.
Random battle are at your level so they are more difficult than stories ones that are below your levels.

Even so when you start to get random red chocobos your party should be at classes levels that give you skills that can easy beat them… and that just doing story missions (no grind).

You definitely don’t need to grind in FFT neither battle random battles… even basic skills at beginning like Faith and Brave gives you free reign over enemies…

Edit - Ramza can solo all stories missions with Yell alone (you will basically be the only having turns in the battles… enemies will barely have turns).

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
I just have two wishes.

- Cut off the fucking grind.
Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

Needlecrash

The Nvidia leak strikes again! This is what, the 9th game that's pseudo confirmed? First the Eidos survey, now this? Considering it'd be the 25th anniversary since it's release, a 2023 release date is pretty likely here.

wa600

Probably means Wiegraf, which is fair, but at the same time videogame general rule of thumb is that if the game is asking you to save at a time that is not when you normally save, you should probably save it in a second file.

Placing a super difficult fight right after a save point with no possibility to go back to prepare (grind or buy stuff) is pretty much the worst game design choice possible. Playing since SNES and still sticking to the one-save-per-playthrough mentality to this day, so far I have never screwed myself over. But Tactics is definitely the one game that almost got me. And its not only the Wiegraf fight that is poorly designed, I restarted that fight on the roof probably 15+ times since the guys I had to protect always died in the first round without me being able to do anything because the enemies started before me.
The level scaling can also screw you over if you invested your job points into poor skills (there are lots of abilities that are garbage in the game while others are pretty much broken) and then you cant even farm job points because you cant survive random enounters anymore. Other save slots wont help you here since this is a gradual thing. Might as well restart the whole game if this happens.

In my experience if the game asks me to save, in the majority of cases it means something like 'new chapter' and is not a code for "be careful, strong fight ahead with the possibility to softlock yourself". Only other game I experienced a sudden bossfight directly after a save was "Trails in the Sky the 3rd".

Ezquimacore

Banned
No remaster needed.
Just port the PSP game to modern consoles.
Easily one of the best games ever made.

I see some posters giving you crap - but FFT definitely has some early stages and boss fights where if you dont level up at least a little - they're impossible to clear. The game takes a bit to learn the mechanics and job switching and such - where the first time playing without having this knowledge you could be building incorrectly or in-efficiently. I had to restart like twice back in the 90s my first playthrus.
I mean, they still need to upscale the resolution and textures, that would count as a remaster.

Top Bottom