• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV cam videos - Luminous Studio tools/tech + Open world exploration

DeSolos

B1OgyqrCAAAaLqG.png

Draw distance looks insane.
Night confirmed to be scary as hell.
Awesome running motions including the stutter-step for balance while running downhill.
NPCs getting gassed after long runs = lol.
Car has suicide doors! YES! Action scene with someone being shoved out the car confirmed.

Just give us the goddamn game, please.

Some people have mentioned 2015 for it (for Japan). Mainly in Media Create threads I suppose.

Well it would make sense if you compare it to how launch of FFXIII went.

FFXIII:
March 2009: demo
December 2009: Japanese release
March 2010: Western release

FFXV:
March 2015: demo
December 2015: Japanese release (?)
March 2016: Western release (?)

There was a lot of discussion here about how good are the tools of LE, and they seem fine at least from what can be seen. LE not so dead anymore? I guess SE wants to see which one is more efficient?

Anyway, game looks good.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Goddamn that character animation is so good. Every game should have characters compensate for different types of elevation from now on. Oh my god the foliage in the forest looks awesome too, finally no more flat green grass textures.

leadbelly

Banned
Looking back at FFXIII, it was basically one huge corridor, but it was a very pretty corridor. In terms of art direction, I expect this game to be top notch.

That said, looking at the video where he is just exploring the surrounding countryside, the one thing I noticed is that the few buildings he walks past are a little too grounded in reality. It's not really a criticism of the game as such, it's just that looking at the engine, and what they have created, it just makes me wonder what they would have come up with if the art direction of the game was much more focused on fantasy. A world that was more like previous FF games.

Whogie

Can't let myself get too hyped. Not yet. Just gotta' shove it in the back of my mind.
Lookin good though.

I hope no one is expecting this to be 60! Let's just be happy with stable 30@1080p (BELIEVE)!

I don't know about 1080p. That car always looks pretty aliased from what I've seen.
For this IQ, I forgive them :)

Looked absolutely amazing. That second video in particular. Yes lawd. This is the game I'm most excited for, currently. I've been wanting for a big budget jrpg again. Hopefully I can afford a PS4 by the time it's out.

Who else saw that creepy giant red snake during the night segment? Wtf.
Yeah, that thing was pretty scary looking. Made it even MORE scary that it was during the night portion. Reminds me of when I'd visit my aunt and uncle, who lived in a small ass town, but when you live in the city, you kinda take for granted how dark nights get when light pollution isn't a thing. Especially one night, when it was completely cloudy, it was basically pitch black, like something from a horror movie. LOL, I remember one time I even said to myself that one line from Spongebob, " This is not your average, everyday darkness. This is... ADVANCED darkness.". THAT'S wilderness dark in a nutshell.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Cannot wait. In less than half a year we'll have this demo... yay.

orioto

Good Art™
Honestly, i got a great feeling from all that.

It reminds me of days where the first FF of a gen was somewhat starting the real shit. Like when FFVII or X was released and you could feel you would see something that you didn't see before, cause it was fucking FF with incredible techs!

I didn't feel that with FFXIII at all.

But there, i'm hyped. And it feels also so new and modern for a FF. Like if SE suddenly acknowledged how far videogame have come in the west and said "Ok guys we get it now, let us show you how it's done".

I'm stil a little worried about how realistic and earth-like all that seems to be, but i,m sure they didn't forget about the fantasy stuff. The brachiausor thing with a pig nose pleased me!

Cidd

I think I can honestly say this is the best looking game I've ever seen, it's quite amazing what they've accomplished.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
FUCKING HELL
SEC VIDEO
It's fucking insane. Pray the gameplay is as good, please be good, PLEASE.

That's basically where I'm at. There was no doubt in my mind that this game would be gorgeous looking, but the gameplay part still scares me.

I can't handle another Final Fantasy XIII.

Nocturnal

Banned
Looking back at FFXIII, it was basically one huge corridor, but it was a very pretty corridor. In terms of art direction, I expect this game to be top notch.

That said, looking at the video where he is just exploring the surrounding countryside, the one thing I noticed is that the few buildings he walks past are a little too grounded in reality. It's not really a criticism of the game as such, it's just that looking at the engine, and what they have created, it just makes me wonder what they would have come up with if the art direction of the game was much more focused on fantasy. A world that was more like previous FF games.

Fair enough. I agree with this, the game looks a bit too realistic. I had that feeling when I saw the gas station. Understand I am not complaining! The visual result of the creature design looks great, topping what I expected from a next-gen FF.

Now, seeing this, I can't wait for news about the next Elder Scrolls.

Top Bottom