• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV cam videos - Luminous Studio tools/tech + Open world exploration

Mod Abuse: Here are all the goods with details:
Exploration Part 1. -> Raw footage. Exploration only. Night and day battles. Gameplay starts at 6:50.

Exploration Part 2. -> Raw footage. Fishing mini-game and airships. Starts at the start ;).

Tech demo showcase. -> Has character models, exploration and battle gameplay. Shows how the Luminous engine works. Starts at 1:35.

-----

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuDTimeOmNc&feature=youtu.be

Thanks Chronos666 from jeuxvideo.com who uploaded the video.

EDIT : second video with NEW GAMEPLAY !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62e1tbihcaQ&feature=youtu.be

1271.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
God, I never get tired of that song.

Also, I don't need to have direct feed footage in order to claim this as the best looking game of this generation so far. It's so, unbelievably good. Square is at the top again, technically.

the driving sure looks pretty... same with the day/night, big open environment fields... looks like exploration a la FF XII could be just gorgeous

Damerman

french people always clapping in rhythm.

Holy Crap at the size of the terrain. And Noctis Smiling... wow, pulling no punches i see.

Realyn

Looks good and all that but I just don't care for FF XV tech demos at this point. Time to show some real gameplay if you want me to buy your game Square, after waiting what ... 10 years.

Man, loved those lightning effects.

Going by that map editor demo, seems like each individual area could be pretty big. Hypeeeee

duckroll

Wow, they're actually showing off level editing and content creation. Maybe Tabata is trying to combat all the bad news regarding Luminous lately after KH3 announced it was switching to UE4? Lol. Good to see that they're on track to actually be able to make and finish the game though!

NateDog

Lighting looks quite nice, not a fan of the lightning though, looks quite unrealistic or something to me. Dodging enemies still looks really clunky to me too, especially when going from having a weapon out and drawing it away and then dodging, it just isn't smooth.

Jigolo

What the hell I thought it was scraped? Shit is gorgeous. Now I'm curious on the switch to UE4 in Kingdom Hearts 3.

duckroll

Why is KH3 on Unreal Engine 4 when they have this beast?

An "engine" is only as good as its support. It's likely that the R&D team creating the engine and toolset is able to give direct support to the developers using it more quickly and efficiently in Tokyo where FFXV is developed in the same offices as Luminous, but the Osaka team making KH3 could face difficulties getting that same level of support. If they find it more efficient to use UE4 and rely on Epic Japan to support the team's technical needs with regards to the engine, that makes sense.

Top Bottom