• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV cam videos - Luminous Studio tools/tech + Open world exploration

thuway

Why isn't Kingdom Hearts 3 using this engine? This in-house engine looks far more impressive than anything UE4 has to offer at the moment :/.

Luminous is one insane beast. I've not seen an engine that manages to push all of those aspects so hard. The lighting is insane, texturing on characters is crazy, phenomenal draw distance, weather effects that I've rarely even seen attempted to this level, crazy partial effects. Such a shame the guy making it left before it was fully completed but it looks like SE are doing a damn good job of finishing it up anyway.

It's not Agni's Philosophy level clearly but I also didn't expect it to get this close either.

stryke

So pretty...

KY1QO1.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I am hearing the Jurassic Park theme in my head right now

Well people can laugh all they want about the Luminous or whaever engine running this game debacle, but the fact is that this game is really going to be a true technical masterpiece.

In the current state (let's hope for no downgrade) it is putting to shame most in not the entirety of the western productions.

Your move now Naughty Dog.

Trickster

zzzzzz, the game looks pretty, we get it. When can we expect some proper gameplay demonstrations?

Edit - I guess the longer video is a gameplay demonstration, though i don't think It looks very exciting based off that. Looks like it's a running game about running more than anything else

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Top Bottom