• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV cam videos - Luminous Studio tools/tech + Open world exploration

yWCuexl.png
yWCuexl.png
yWCuexl.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The animation of when someone from the group gets tired from running... GORGEOUS.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Last time I remember a large jump in wind/particle system enhancements was with IW and CoD4. I'm just assuming they're trying to make the same type of transition with the power of the next gen consoles with FFXV. It looks fantastic.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just the player running around in the woods... I haven't felt this since Oblivion (2006). The feeling of exploring... God, my stomach. I can't handle this shit!

Rainy

Banned
Walking around in that big environment seems pretty amazing. They must have showed some battle demos right? Right.....?

Get_crazy

Banned
FYI, before the new gameplay starts, this message is shown:

Here's a rough translation:
The video we are about to show you has been made in order to give you an idea about the size of the map.

The ennemies and the events are not implemented in the map.

Many exciting elements will be included in this area in the final version of the game.

Why isn't Kingdom Hearts 3 using this engine? This in-house engine looks far more impressive than anything UE4 has to offer at the moment :/.

Maybe UE does fit better to the stlye of Kingdom Hearts - and the Luminous Team is working right now with the FF15 Team.

I Mean KH Games arent really about graphics are they?

Yoshichan

Dark is DARK in this game!

Dark_castle

Holy shit, when it's dark, it's dark. Gonna rely on the attached flashlight and perhaps the stars on the sky, and occasional street lights.

I'm gonna love the night exploration.

When they got out of the car, went down the hill toward that pond with those gigantic most Dinosaur looking creatures I about shit myself.

Unbelievable. I need that demo NOW

Falk

that puzzling face
music gets a little repetitive played for 10 minutes lol

Yeah, that moment when camera pans to the wide open area, they stop driving and you're all "You can't be serious"

Then they get out of the car.

Totally insane.

Yoshichan

I hope no one is expecting this to be 60! Let's just be happy with stable 30@1080p (BELIEVE)!

Top Bottom