• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV cam videos - Luminous Studio tools/tech + Open world exploration

that's one classic FF-monster right there!
Yeah, it's a Naga.
Naga_ff1.jpg

Another 3D representation of a classic Yoshitaka Amano design! Bravo!

Edit: Interesting note, there hasn't been an appearance of a Naga in the FF series since FFIV, and it's only appeared in TWO FF games(FFI and FFIV). Now THREE games!! Bravo indeed!

Dark_castle

Stefan™;136684369 said:
WTF is that? So the game turns into horror at night?
2095c354.gif

It's great, I loved it when games actually makes night a clear, drastic difference from day, as it should be. Reminds me of Dragon's Dogma here.

Get_crazy

Banned
Okay so in the second part of the gameplay video, they said that everything we've seen is "just a part of the demo". So yes, everything we see is in the Episode Duscae demo.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Yeah it makes Assassin's Creed: Unity look last gen in comparison.
AC Unity is a 2014 title, who knows when this is coming out? think we should save the comparison to whatever AC title comes out the same year as this.

The battle system will be called "ACB= Active Cross Battle" and will be based on 3 buttons: 1 -Attack 2 -Defence 3 - Interactions between characters.

Key2001

I have a feeling these are going to be shown at the PlayStation Experience event.

If nothing else, SE has done a great job at getting me really hyped for this game again lately. I think I am more hyped for this than any other announced game with perhaps Persona 5 being the only exception (once more of it is shown).

luca_29_bg

God, I never get tired of that song.

Also, I don't need to have direct feed footage in order to claim this as the best looking game of this generation so far. It's so, unbelievably good. Square is at the top again, technically.

sorry but the order and uncharted 4 will decimate this. It's an open world game, and open world games can't compete for obvious reason with more linear games. Not in this generation.

HeelPower

Yeah, it's a Naga.

Another 3D representation of a classic Yoshitaka Amano design! Bravo!

one of the greatest surprises about this game is the usage of these monster designs.I am so happy about that.Amano's designs finally getting recognized in modern gaming.

His designs were and still are eccentric and incredible.

Pagusas

Elden Member
....WOW. Im speechless. That is what I wanted out of this gen. Deliver that, and I am 100% happy.

I really hope this game revives Final Fantasy and RPG's in the west. Judging by the videos we are getting Final Fantasy meets Skyrim, which is EXACTLY where the series needed to go to get the western audience fully back! So damn excited!

Valnen

AC Unity is a 2014 title, who knows when this is coming out? think we should save the comparison to whatever AC title comes out the same year as this.

With all the bragging Ubisoft has been doing I feel the comparison is fair =). I was kind of poking fun at Ubisoft for calling out Shadows of Mordor for having "last gen graphics".

RangerBAD

The battle system will be called "ACB= Active Cross Battle" and will be based on 3 buttons: 1 -Attack 2 -Defence 3 - Interactions between characters.

Except there will be a jump and probably a parry button. Unless they tie parry to the defense button and require timing for parries/counters.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
It's so the opposite of XIII. As open as possible. Just great.

I remember a lot of people saying back when XIII came out "well this is how jRPGs are - linear, as opposed to the innately open nature of wRPGs" and I never bought it.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Sooo... are we still getting airships? The car looks cool and all, but I kinda hope it's the sailboat of the game, where you only have it for a little while to give you a taste of exploration before graduating to an actual airship

Edit: Oh mama, right after I post that they show two airships going overhead in the third video, what a tease

I will likely take 10,000 share pictures in this game.

ADD A PHOTO MODE SE. Do it for new game + so you have to beat the game first to unlock it

Nocturnal

Banned
....WOW. Im speechless. That is what I wanted out of this gen. Deliver that, and I am 100% happy.

I really hope this game revives Final Fantasy and RPG's in the west. Judging by the videos we are getting Final Fantasy meets Skyrim, which is EXACTLY where the series needed to go to get the western audience fully back! So damn excited!

Tbh, I don't think it had to meet Skyrim. We could have something similar to FFXII.

And yeah, I think the new gen is being good for RPGs.

This fucking game
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Witcher 3
Bloodborne
Persona 5
New Elder Scrolls

Tabata's approach to PR for this game is pretty interesting. It seems like he has heard every single complaint as soon as it hit the net.

HeelPower

Is Amano working directly on the game ?

These are very faithful interpretations of his monsters in 3D.

Guys maybe he's finally working on the game ? :D

Ateron

This game looks gorgeous.SE gets a lot of shit for a lot of reasons (and many of them are spot on, since XIII) but you can always count on them to deliver technical masterpieces. Might be hyperbole to some, but those models almost look like real time CGI. I'm still waiting to get my hands on the demo just to try out the mechanics, but at least they got the visuals locked on tight. Seems like they're finally giving us some freedom to explore, once again, which makes me very happy. A step in the right direction. Anything but linear corridors and I'm good to go.

Koozek

Aaah, I'm trying hard not to watch the videos until they upload the direct feed ones :D It's fun as hell reading all the positive impressions. So excited!!!
Based Tabata.

Mr. RHC

HOT DAYUMM..

I just want to run around in forrests eating berries, picking mushrooms and stuff!
So good.

HngggggHNNGGGGGGGG intensifies.

Famassu

Why is KH3 on Unreal Engine 4 when they have this beast?
It could be because the Luminous team has been absorbed to the FFXV team and FFXV is at its most busiest time of development (the finish line is starting to be in the horizon, they are developing masses of content) so they don't have time to help the team at Osaka with their needs, yet Nomura and team Osaka can't just sit there twiddling their thumbs, KHIII's development needs to advance as well. At this point it seems Luminous is catering mostly to FFXV's needs.

Goddamn that character animation is so good. Every game should have characters compensate for different types of elevation from now on. Oh my god the foliage in the forest looks awesome too, finally no more flat green grass textures.

The thing that's astonishing to me is that this looks so bloody good but the car seems to glide around like it's running on some anti gravity engine or something. So weird; that's the one thing that yanks me out of 'whoa' state every time it crops up.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
With all the bragging Ubisoft has been doing I feel the comparison is fair =). I was kind of poking fun at Ubisoft for calling out Shadows of Mordor for having "last gen graphics".
I don't think it's fair to compare a 2014 title to what is quite possibly a 2016 title. ._.

Except there will be a jump and probably a parry button. Unless they tie parry to the defense button and require timing for parries/counters.

Yes they said
(I can understand french and some japanese :p)
third button is for complex and bound actions, maybe the third button will be like you said.

Top Bottom