• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV gameplay footage from Active Time Report

Well it looks just like the one in FF14 lol.

Yes, it does, but I think the one from FF XIV is really great too though.

Ff14-monster-morbol.jpg

Man...after losing hope for the FFVII remake and now this....

This looks like it will run at 20 fps max on super low settings for consoles. And sub 30 fps on 3k computers. This engine looks terrible.

Valnen

This looks like it will run at 20 fps max on super low settings for consoles. And sub 30 fps on 3k computers. This engine looks terrible.

The game itself looks better than anything we have on consoles right now visually to me. Image quality just needs to be improved and it will look perfect.

DeSolos

The footage isn't a good judge of how it will run as it's ripped from a stream and heavily compressed. Duscae hitches a bunch, but it's never that bad. Usually in the 27-30 range.

If anything they at least have ample time to get it to run well.

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
What a useless video. No UI, walking about static environments. But hey, Malboros confirmed. Yay?

I'm on mobile and not my glorious 4k OLED display. Maybe when I get home I'll see how shitty it is, but I recall it not being too bad during E3 and chalked it up to pre-alpha-beta.

Even on mobile the frame drops in today's Malboro clip are quite noticeable. I watched it on my iPhone at first and thought that it looked pretty rough, but figured that I just had crappy internet or my phone was rendering it poorly or something. Watched again on a computer to confirm that the engine couldn't handle the graphics it was pumping out (at least at this point).

You're right that the clips in previous events looked pretty good; maybe the area they demoed today hadn't been optimized, or perhaps it was using some lighting effect that's very expensive and hasn't been polished yet, or whatev. /optimism

TransTrender

Gold Member
OK got home and watched it.
I'm going to assume there was a lot of compression and crap from the stream encoder.
Some assets looked great while others looked like crap and overall the framerate was pretty bad with noticeable hitching. Hopefully they make better use of all dat DDR3 DRAM so they're not pulling assets from the HDD and messing up the frame rate but that could be wishful thinking.

Well it looks just like the one in FF14 lol.

Similar, but different. The mouths look different(the teeth of the FFXV Malboro are smaller than the FFXIV Marlboros, and are more thin, similar to the ones of FFX) and they seem to have more "eye tentacles", which the FFXIV Marlboros don't have.

Wagram

Similar, but different. The mouths look different(the teeth of the FFXV Malboro are smaller than the FFXIV Marlboros, and are more thin, similar to the ones of FFX) and they seem to have more "eye tentacles", which the FFXIV Marlboros don't have.

Yeah the design of the malboro is definitely different from XIV. I'm looking at one square in the face.

If anything XIV is the one that loves to steal assets...from everything.

Ploid 3.0

I love open world arpgs, and Final Fantasy 11/12, but this thing is doing nothing for me outside of that first video where I was very hopeful. The demo looked so boring to me, this new footage coupled with that confusing big baby trailer are pushing me away from this game.

Wonderful, assets from ARR: FFXIV are seeping into FFXV, that's awesome in a strange way. Both are Luminous anyways.

Assets from FF A B C and D are in FFXIV. They pretty much reused whatever they could for that game, it doesn't surprise me if they continue to do that for future FF games.

new footage looks nice. It always makes me happy to see new footage of the game :D

Malboros design is fantastic!.. and I like how they camouflage themselves in the swamps. Can't wait to fight them.

edit: sadly no magic in the new footage :/

That's what I was referring to. Historically, standard procedure for a Marlboro is to hit the entire party with practically every nasty status in the book, giving you no chance to do anything except watch your party die of poison, attacking each other, etc.

Well my complaint is that none of that happened. It showed up and it was game over.

Philippo

Man, Ignis did the most stupid attack ever: launching his knife in the air and then kicking it towards the enemy.

I MEAN WHO THE HELL USES KNIVES THAT WAY.

Top Bottom