• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Forza 5 gameplay

The lens flare is a bit too much

ofaejbb.png

This lens flare bought to you directly from battlefield 3

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
You can tell that this game is massively rushed for launch, the visuals look like barely a bump over F4. I think they should have done a Forza 5: Prologue and released the game properly next year.

Yeah, after viewing again, the jaggies are ONLY during Autovista. So not sure how video stream is conscious enough to remove jaggies while race.

Video stream A.I. FTW

i'm not too concerned about aliasing at 1080p unless it's on a tv bigger then 32inches myself, but I can see why people would complain.

Still, ouch.

RayMaker

Banned
If you look above you a gentlemen(who played it) already stated that there where jaggies at gamescom.

yeah and there probably was on other games due to unconfigured tvs.

but the fact that this vid is 720p, and there is jaggies on the footage of people playing it proves that this footage look worse then the finished product and making a judgement based on this footage would be ignorant and foolish.

TheCloser

Banned
dude, don't, just don't.

I'm sorry but I said it after Microsoft's e3 reveal where we found out that high end pc's were being used. I've been suspecting everything shown since the reveal and so far I've been right. Every game shown with the exception of killer instinct has looked worse than e3. Good old bait and switch.

jayu26

Okay...everyone needs to calm down. This is from twitch feed. We need a proper 1080p direct feed footage. I'm sure it would look fine then...

Actually we also need 1080p direct feed footage for DriveDlub, then we can have a proper pissing contest.

iMax

yeah and there probably was on other games due to unconfigured tvs.

but the fact that this vid is 720p, and there is jaggies on the footage of people playing it proves that this footage look worse then the finished product and making a judgement based on this footage would be ignorant and foolish.

The jaggies aren't as bad as the video makes it out, but the build I played doesn't represent the E3 demo, in terms of aliasing and poly count (in Autovista).

Hoo-doo

Banned
Do you really think that is of any help? Being there doesn't cure anyone from having a deeply rooted agenda.

I'm sure there are some members of Forza-GAF who can honestly relay this kind of information without it dripping with console bias.

bj00rn_

Banned
I'm sure there are some members of Forza-GAF who can honestly relay this kind of information without it dripping with console bias.

It will be drowned in conspiracy theories anyway..

I'm sorry but I said it after Microsoft's e3 reveal where we found out that high end pc's were being used. I've been suspecting everything shown since the reveal and so far I've been right. Every game shown with the exception of killer instinct has looked worse than e3. Good old bait and switch.

What is wrong with you? Apply some common sense here; Even the main menus has the same jaggies, what does that tell you..?

meta4

It is a sim so the environments are mostly supposed to look bland. The visuals itself does not seem like a huge step up from previous gen. T10 also seem to have not invested in decent lighting again. I guess it is a launch title so one cannot complain too much.

Hoo-doo

Banned

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
It is a sim so the environments are mostly supposed to look bland. The visuals itself does not seem like a huge step up from previous gen. T10 also seem to have not invested in decent lighting again. I guess it is a launch title so one cannot complain too much.

Forza is a simulator? When did this happen?

Majanew

Banned

Pretty sure FM5, Ryse and KI were confirmed running on Xbox One at E3.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The cars looks pretty awesome, but the environments looks really bland and lifeless compared to Driveclub. Yeah, I get that there's not much going on around this track, but what is there doesn't impress at all.

Sure buddy.

Digital Foundry said:
And yes, there were some games that were - categorically, without a shadow of a doubt - running on Xbox One hardware. It'll come as little surprise to learn that first party software was more likely to be showcased running on the new console, with Turn 10's Forza Motorsport 5 the most high profile title we saw that was visibly operating on the actual unit.

?

RoKKeR

Most important, it's freakin' Laguna Seca. There is just nothing there to show. It must by necessity look bland.

This, essentially. Prauge looked amazing and crammed with detail, this is Laguna Seca. It doesn't have a bunch of trees/pretty things to look at, but it's one hell of a racing track, and that's something I think Forza has over Driveclub.

Will be enjoying this come launch, I've missed my mainline Forza.

And? That footage was confirmed by multiple sources to be running on actual hardware.

Are we really going to start this debate again?
Well not exactly "New footage" now is it?

And the actual new footage is just.... a horrific capture/encode/whatever. Something very, very bad happened to it.

Am I really the only one that cares far more about anti aliasing then 60 frames per second? Forza looks good but it's a disservice to the cars.

meta4

This, essentially. Prauge looked amazing and crammed with detail, this is Laguna Seca. It doesn't have a bunch of trees/pretty things to look at, but it's one hell of a racing track, and that's something I think Forza has over Driveclub.

Will be enjoying this come launch, I've missed my mainline Forza.

Visuals look pretty disappointing. I expected a much bigger jump from T10. It looks likes a very small upgrade from last gen.The major reason is the lighting and I dont know why they cant get it right every time.

Top Bottom