• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Forza 5 gameplay

Cidd

Frustrated, maybe. Why are people jumping to conclusions over a twitch feed video...? I mean, come on.

This section can get so ridiculous sometimes.

Word of advice, take a break from forums and play the games you love, it helps. I've been avoiding most threads for the past few weeks.

JawzPause

Drivatar & Leveloution
The two most hated words in the industry right now.
Edit: Wow after watching the actual gameplay and seeing the environments I appreciate Driveclub's detail a lot more.

Visuals look pretty disappointing. I expected a much bigger jump from T10. It looks likes a very small upgrade from last gen.The major reason is the lighting and I dont know why they cant get it right every time.

New graphics engine, ultra detailed cars, laser scanned tracks and improved physics over the already decent Forza4 is not a small upgrade, as long as they don't sacrifice the number of cars on the grid I couldn't ask for more.

RoKKeR

Visuals look pretty disappointing. I expected a much bigger jump from T10. It looks likes a very small upgrade from last gen.The major reason is the lighting and I dont know why they cant get it right every time.

You clearly haven't seen Forza 4 recently. F5 is a step up in every way imaginable.

This is Neogaf?

So all the videos we have seen of this game and somehow none of you can't figure out it is the quality of twitch and not the game itself causing all the Jaggies?

As for the lens flare, that's how it is on everyday driving with the sun out.

If you have lens flares when you look at stuff you may want to seen an optometrist.

ypo

E3
lJsZkOo.png

Now
EwwdGMw.png

No more motion blur.

Proelite

Drive Club looks far better.

After seeing Drive Club in person at PAX, I did be REALLY worried if I was turn10 if Drive Club looks better.

After seeing games in person at Pax, it's pretty easy to tell who is pushing an agenda in this thread.

Cidd

After seeing Drive Club in person at PAX, I did be REALLY worried if I was turn10 if Drive Club looks better.

After seeing games in person at Pax, it's pretty easy to tell who is pushing an agenda in this thread.

How bad is it?

The link I posted did not have the word 'new' in it, I guess I have to be very exact because it'll be construed as having an agenda (not accusing you).
No agenda construing implied but it does confuse matters.

A bad encode makes it look like this game is a jaggie simulator, and contrasting that with footage from months ago also gives the wrong impression on how the game has progressed.

I'm confused anyway ;P But theres no way that Forza 5 will have jaggies anywhere near that - it just can't be.

Indeed. I like many have not seen either game in person and can only rely on impressions from those who did.

Unfortunately some people seem to ignore credible impressions and prefer to jump on the 'hate everything Microsoft' bandwagon and spew absolute nonsense. Worse so, it goes completely unnoticed.

Holy shit. Why the major downgrade? Is CBoaT right?

See above.

Looks nice! I am disappointing I won't be having this at launch (Getting a PS4 first) but I am eager to play it on a friends X1.

Those jaggies..

New respect for DriveClubs graphics.

Youtube dude.

And have we gotten to the point where every driveclub and Forza thread will lead to this debate? I thought we had a thread dedicated to this do we not?

Theecliff

Banned
Aliasing issues aside (as many have pointed out - most likely due to the video compression), there was something about it that looked a little off visually - like it seemed too 'flat'. Certainly didn't look as impressive as other footage we've seen.

Can you freely walk around (or at least have a "free camera") in that car garage view???

If it's like Autovista in Forza 4 you can probably move around it, zoom in, open doors, boots and bonnets and get in.

Can't see any reason they wouldn't have a free-look mode this time though.

This is Neogaf?

So all the videos we have seen of this game and somehow none of you can't figure out it is the quality of twitch and not the game itself causing all the Jaggies?

As for the lens flare, that's how it is on everyday driving with the sun out.

Don't even waste your time. :)

Even autovista has jaggies. And numerous parts of the UI has jaggies. That shoulda been the tip off right there.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Man, I love the Forza series and that looks really cool. I hope this version they correct the handling for the Focus ST. In real life you can induce oversteer, but it was impossible to do that in Forza 4.

It's really unpopular to like anything Xbox One on here, isn't it?

vpance

E3
lJsZkOo.png

Now
EwwdGMw.png

No more motion blur.

Interior lighting looks more bland now. Compare from 4:00 in the new vid to 4:20 in the E3 IGN one. The E3 one had some SSAO effect in the dash and much more variation in the lighting and shadows.

Interior lighting looks more bland now. Compare from 4:00 in the new vid to 4:20 in the E3 IGN one. The E3 one had some SSAO effect in the dash and much more variation in the lighting and shadows.

The first video is crushed and full of compression artifacts, how are you seeing anything there?

Coolwhip

Banned
Haha, the interview is pretty hilarious. The host asks some nonsensical questions and the T10 dude completely ignores it. Probably because he rightfully wonders what drugs the guy is on.

RayMaker

Banned
I'am watching the vid on 40 inch tv @ 720p so it will probaly make it even more exsagerated.
but on the pictures during the loading screens there are jaggies too?

not even this gen is there jaggies on loading photes!
so this tells me - its the vid quality, but then when i watch the gameplay you see the moving jaggies on buildings and stuff, these dont look the type of things caused by compression?

maybe it really is a tech tar baby stickier then you can imagine?

Gek54

Can we expect a toggle to turn off that CAMERA lens flair? That shit is completely obnoxious and unrealistic.

can't say much about the video overall because there could be shitty compression and image management going on from streaming and re-uploading videos but one thing for sure, there is no motion blur going on in the second picture there.

Makes me wonder if they are taking a forza 4 approach of swapping car details and aliasing depending on the mode you are in.

Bah too early to tell.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Can we expect a toggle to turn off that CAMERA lens flair? That shit is completely obnoxious and unrealistic.

Even the Enterprise crew couldn't turn off lens flare, so no.

Vol5

There's some atrocious aliasing even on the car select screen.

Ye Olde Build and / or youtube compression.

bud

Weird, don't know why it changed the quote name.

lol

what is so "lol" about that post? overall, gt6 still looks more realistic than f5 due to its better, more realistic use of color and lighting, and it's actually doing in-game atmospheric and weather simulations, which f5 isn't even doing. obviously, f5 is packing a lot more detail in its cars and tracks in-game, but that's only logical considering the differences in hardware.

ShapeGSX

Here's an offscreen, but much better quality video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzzc5HMMt5Y

Aliasing is there but much much less than the bad Twitch video.

That TV looks like it is in showroom mode. Brightness turned up way too high and color saturation is too high. Plus the green frame around it is causing the video camera's light balance to tend towards the blue end of the spectrum for the TV.

Looking forward to seeing this on my calibrated 60" TV at 1080p/60. :)

what is so "lol" about that post? overall, gt6 still looks more realistic than f5 due to its better, more realistic use of color and lighting, and it's actually doing in-game atmospheric and weather simulations, which f5 isn't even doing. obviously, f5 is packing a lot more detail in its cars and tracks in-game, but that's only logical considering the differences in hardware.

It wasn't at the opinion, just the fact it was posted.

Top Bottom