• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Fragile (Wii) characters and screens!

duckroll

Damn, I think Namco has spies on GAF. Just as I was calling it VAPORWARE, they decide to release NEW MEDIA on the game! :lol

http://www.onlineplayer.jp/modules/topics/article.php?storyid=10197

080627_fragile_01_ren.jpg

080627_fragile_02_sai.jpg
080627_fragile_03_crow.jpg

080627_fragile_06_search1.jpg
080627_fragile_07_search2.jpg

080627_fragile_04_.battle1.jpg
080627_fragile_05_.battle2.jpg

Edit: Tons of juicy direct-feed screens here: http://www.onlineplayer.jp/modules/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=albuv39&page=1

duckroll said:
Damn, I think Namco has spies on GAF. Just as I was calling it VAPORWARE, they decide to release NEW MEDIA on the game! :lol
Yeah I was about to comment on what you said in the Arc Rise Fantasia thread. Too bad Square doesn't have GAF spies... :lol

ivysaur12

Banned
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I'm sorry duckroll, this is just really funny.

Game looks great. Loved Venus & Braves even though I couldn't understand the moon language. Loved BK and loved BKO even more. Indifferent on Eternal Sonata, but we're going to forget about the last one get hyped as hell for this.

duckroll

sonicspear64 said:
Yeah I was about to comment on what you said in the Arc Rise Fantasia thread. Too bad Square doesn't have GAF spies... :lol

They do, but they exist only to spy on what fans want, and then do the OPPOSITE. :(

ivysaur12 said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I'm sorry duckroll, this is just really funny.

Yeah, now I hope Vanillaware heard me too! Think of how much better this week could get!

jvalioli

:lol :lol
duckroll said:
I'm excited about Fragile too! I'm just saying, it's pretty much vaporware for now, until we see some sort of actual blowout. Better to concentrate on games that actually look like they've been in development for long enough to be released sometime soon!
For those that missed it.

ivysaur12

Banned
duckroll said:
Yeah, now I hope Vanillaware heard me too! Think of how much better this week could get!

Then it would be like the Rune Factory Frontier, Tenchu 4, Fatal Frame IV week all over again (except for Castlevania Legends).

EDIT: I think there was another game that week. Damn, what was it?

EDIT 2: Ahh, right. SimCity Creator. Right.

Crazyorloco

This is a crazy news day. I swear. 8-bit Mega Man 9, Castlevania fighting game, Guitar Hero Toys, Sony's weather channel...and

Fragile looking good on Wii. What's going on here?!? I'm keeping an eye on this game. :)

duckroll

Sir Alemeth said:
Looks great! =D
Does anyone know what it plays like?

Spooky Zelda in post-apocalyptic world where you fight ghosts, look for survivors and unravel what happened to the world encounting stories of what came before via graffiti and notes left behind.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
AceBandage said:
Action RPG set in a post apocalyptic world where you fight spirits. More or less.

False.

This is an exploration-RPG set in a post-apocalyptic world where you are equipped with a flashlight and have to search ruins to rescue a mysterious girl. The game is intended to be haunting and dramatic rather than scary and suspenseful.

bdouble

haha I was just on the thread where you called it vaporware. Always nice to see this game.

love the look of the ghost

Crazyorloco said:
This is a crazy news day. I swear. 8-bit Mega Man 9, Castlevania fighting game, Guitar Hero Toys, Sony's weather channel...and

Fragile looking good on Wii. What's going on here?!? I'm keeping an eye on this game. :)
Don't forget Adventure Island for WiiWare too ;)
EDIT: shit quoted the wrong post ;p
duckroll said:
Spooky Zelda in post-apocalyptic world where you fight ghosts, look for survivors and unravel what happened to the world encounting stories of what came before via graffiti and notes left behind.
Sounds promising...let's hope it turns out well.
Gotta keep a closer eye on this one! :)
PantherLotus said:
False.

This is an exploration-RPG set in a post-apocalyptic world where you are equipped with a flashlight and have to search ruins to rescue a mysterious girl. The game is intended to be haunting and dramatic rather than scary and suspenseful.
Can't wait!!!! =D

sphinx

the piano man
is this game retail or wiiware?

is it from the people that made of eternal sonata, including the music composer? ( what's the name? motio sakuraba or something??

duckroll

sphinx said:

is it from the people that made of eternal sonata, including the music composer? ( what's the name? motio sakuraba or something??

Retail. Yes its from the Trusty Bell folks, for better or for worse, but in collaboration with the Namco team that made Venus and Braves, and Seven. The composer is not known at the moment but it doesn't sound like Sakuraba.

ivysaur12

Banned
sphinx said:

It's from tri-Crescendo and the Venus & Braves team.

tri-Crescendo has co-developed Baten Kaitos, Baten Kaitos Origins and has developed Eternal Sonata.

the V&B team has made two Japan-only games, Seven and Venus & Braves.

duckroll said:
Retail. Yes its from the Trusty Bell folks, for better or for worse, but in collaboration with the Namco team that made Venus and Braves, and Seven. The composer is not known at the moment but it doesn't sound like Sakuraba.

tri-Crescendo does really well when they collaborate. Not so hot on their own.

I'm not afraid, V&B was great.

sphinx said:

Retail.
By the teams that made Venus & Braves and Seven: Molmorth no Kiheitai.

Double beaten.

KingDirk

So for people who follow the E3 scene more than I do, is it so typical for crazy news explosions to happen in this time range? Cause if companies are already throwing this kinda stuff out there, we could have some real megatons this year.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
KingDirk said:
So for people who follow the E3 scene more than I do, is it so typical for crazy news explosions to happen in this time range? Cause if companies are already throwing this kinda stuff out there, we could have some real megatons this year.

This is typical stuff that won't get coverage during the main event(s). Expect more from the biggies during the conferences, but lower your expectations.

rykomatsu

ivysaur12 said:
the V&B team has made two Japan-only games, Seven and Venus & Braves.

Tis unfortunate...V&B is, imho, one of the best RPGs available, even when you mix standard RPG and strategy RPG genres together...I can't think of any other RPG out there that's been able to take me on an emotional roller coaster...

might actually need to get a wii for this... :(

KingDirk

^^^Mr. Tarantino, I love your films.

PantherLotus said:
This is typical stuff that won't get coverage during the main event(s). Expect more from the biggies during the conferences, but lower your expectations.

Grazie. This is the first one I've really had more involvement in than watching the feed day-of. I was more referencing the MM9 stuff and all, but even this is surprising to me.

Basically a happy Wii owner right now.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Something about the first piece of art just looks off. The other two are nice though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
duckroll said:

Thought the exact same thing when I read the title.

Hope Square reads GAF too...

Top Bottom