• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new FRAGILE [Wii] promotion video (Dec 26,2008)

Arde5643

Fuck - I really don't care what kind of review this game will get. I just want to play it to experience the storyline now. :lol :lol :lol

Ydahs

Beautiful! Stunning visuals and music, though still not too sure about the actual gameplay. Still, that trailer felt... epic! I really want to know what the characters were saying. Any help from J-Gaf?

I'm not one to care much about audio in games, but that soundtrack was really enchanting.

GCX

I'm still kinda suprised Namco green-lighted this. I haven't seen anything as interesting-looking as Fragile from them in a looooooong time.

Hopefully it gets a western release.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Regulus Tera said:
Why is almost all the cool shit for Wii only available in Japan? We buy more Wiis than them, goddammit!
69lsbd.jpg

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
cw_sasuke said:
What does FRAGILE have to do with Nintendo/Reggie ?
I was actually going for more of a reference to the theme that a direct one to Nintendo (com'n, I'm more subtle than that!). Tera argued that things should be better (Fragile localized) because sales are higher in North America. But if the video game industry has proven one thing its that there is a negative relationship between sales and catering to the gaming crowd.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
grandjedi6 said:
I was actually going for more of a reference to the theme that a direct one to Nintendo (com'n, I'm more subtle than that!). Tera argued that things should be better (Fragile localized) because sales are higher in North America. But if the video game industry has proven one thing its that there is a negative relationship between sales and catering to the gaming crowd.

Didn't stop No More Heroes from exceeding expectations!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The cutscene animation and quality is really, really top notch, which I thought was quite surprising. It seems like a lot of effort is going into this game, at least from a presentation and production value standpoint.

Fingers crossed it somehow gets localised.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
oh lord, that was beautiful... i want it SOOOOOO much. second most anticipated game for the Wii, first being NMH2.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I'd buy this in an instant if it came to the US. Not getting my hopes up, though. Noticed a lot of Japanese writing on the walls and such, which seems integral to the gameplay (it being revealed via the flashlight). Stuff like that's gotta take a lot more effort to localize than just re-recording voices and doing some speech text, right?

Bring it over, though!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Cosmozone said:
Beautiful. There really should be more interest for this game, at least on this forum.

Pretty much all major Wii magazines and gaming websites publish updates on Fragile.

The biggest problem is that everything we’ve seen, heard, and watched has been in Japanese, and geared for a Japanese release.

The game isn't scheduled for a release outside of Japan. If it was, the Western world would probably be hearing a lot more.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
The problem I have with that kind of trailer is that it pretty much makes you wish it was a movie instead of a game.

Simply put, it's as if they advertised it as a movie. As a game, not so much. What's with all the cutscenes, text and voices?

It's a shame, because the game is aesthetically pleasing, and I like the concept.

Oh well, that's just me I guess. I don't like my games to venture too much into movie territory.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Kilrogg said:
The problem I have with that kind of trailer is that it pretty much makes you wish it was a movie instead of a game.

Simply put, it's as if they advertised it as a movie. As a game, not so much. What's with all the cutscenes, text and voices?

It's a shame, because the game is aesthetically pleasing, and I like the concept.

Oh well, that's just me I guess. I don't like my games to venture too much into movie territory.
Doesn't this apply to pretty much every JRPG?

plank

Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but this trailer was already shown either at TGS or E3. Still looks good though

*Edit: actually the way it started out looked the same. never mind. :/

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Link said:
Doesn't this apply to pretty much every JRPG?

A good number of them, probably... And the same could be said of many Western games as well. But for some reason, I thought that feeling was particularly strong with the Fragile promo video. Maybe that's because there's this mysterious/quiet atmosphere, along with visuals that look slightly more original than your run-of-the-mill JRPG/anime-inspired game (though not by much).

I'm far from being an RPG-nut, by the way... Go figure :p.

Top Bottom