• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new FRAGILE [Wii] promotion video (Dec 26,2008)

Talking backpack?
szylp0.jpg

Shiggie

Kilrogg said:
The problem I have with that kind of trailer is that it pretty much makes you wish it was a movie instead of a game.

Simply put, it's as if they advertised it as a movie. As a game, not so much. What's with all the cutscenes, text and voices?

It's a shame, because the game is aesthetically pleasing, and I like the concept.

Oh well, that's just me I guess. I don't like my games to venture too much into movie territory.
What the fuck are you talking about? Its obviously story driven... thats why its an adventure game...

GCX

Wait, this is developed by Tri-Crescendo? Why didn't anyone tell me that?

Their previous games have seen a western release so maybe this has a change too. Hopefully.

the graphics are excellent, the music associated with the game is great, but I refuse to give two shits about anything that won't show me more than two seconds of gameplay at a time.

hemtae

GCX said:
Wait, this is developed by Tri-Crescendo? Why didn't anyone tell me that?

Their previous games have seen a western release so maybe this has a change too. Hopefully.

Its co-developed between Tri-Crescendo and the Venus and Braves Team. Venus and Braves never made it to the US

Fantastical

Death Prophet
So, in some of the new screens we've seen a brighter flashlight. Why isn't this in any of the new gameplay videos or trailer? I wonder if you need an upgrade or something.

RpgN

Ydahs said:
Beautiful! Stunning visuals and music, though still not too sure about the actual gameplay. Still, that trailer felt... epic! I really want to know what the characters were saying. Any help from J-Gaf?

I'm not one to care much about audio in games, but that soundtrack was really enchanting.

Basically that boy meets this girl once and doesn't really know her. But he is kind of in love and wants to see her again. It also turns out that she's in trouble and he wants to save her now. The story is very basic but the voices and presentation makes it more special. One of the characters said "What will you do if you meet her?", He "I don't know...just talk to her? I want to be next to her" Very cute ^_^ It also seems their world is corrupted in some way.

I really like this video and feel more excited now.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Shiggie said:
What the fuck are you talking about? Its obviously story driven... thats why its an adventure game...

I don't remember Zelda being so concerned with story in the first place. Anyway, maybe it's just not my thing, but I don't like when a trailer barely focuses on gameplay and wants us to "immerse" ourselves in a game we haven't even played. Carry on though, I don't want to piss on the parade any further.

I just hope the game itself is good.

Kilrogg said:
I don't remember Zelda being so concerned with story in the first place. Anyway, maybe it's just not my thing, but I don't like when a trailer barely focuses on gameplay and wants us to "immerse" ourselves in a game we haven't even played. Carry on though, I don't want to piss on the parade any further.

I just hope the game itself is good.
Zelda's an action-adventure game, though. He means straight-up adventure, with a much heavier focus on story.

bdouble

Fantastical said:
So, in some of the new screens we've seen a brighter flashlight. Why isn't this in any of the new gameplay videos or trailer? I wonder if you need an upgrade or something.

In the last bunch of screens is pretty much confirmed that you can obtain either different flashlights or upgrade yours.

Roland

Too bad the combat looks awful. Hopefully they made some big improvements to the system between TGS and its upcoming release. When the game was unveiled, I was really hoping for a pure adventure title without any combat.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'll wait a bit for the localization, but if there's one game that would make me mod my Wii, this would absolutely be the one (and it's looking likely).

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Visually, the design is astonishing. I hope this one turns out great, and makes it out over here!

wsippel

Banned
Roland said:
Too bad the combat looks awful. Hopefully they made some big improvements to the system between TGS and its upcoming release. When the game was unveiled, I was really hoping for a pure adventure title without any combat.
Well, it's not Kingdom Hearts, and it's not supposed to be like Kingdom Hearts, either. The protagonist isn't some sword wielding warrior (or a sword wielding kid playing a warrior). You would suck, too, trying to kill a ghost with a stick - I guess the slow, hard and unspectactular combat was actually at least semi-intentional.

Roland said:
Yeah, that sucked pretty bad :lol

wsippel said:
Well, it's not Kingdom Hearts, and it's not supposed to be like Kingdom Hearts, either. The protagonist isn't some sword wielding warrior (or a sword wielding kid playing a warrior). You would suck, too, trying to kill a ghost with a stick - I guess the slow, hard and unspectactular combat was actually at least semi-intentional.
They should make him animate and react like someone who doesnt have any skill instead of just making a shitty fighting animation and combat system. That would be much more interesting.

jesusraz

Okay folks, request time again - anyone got any burning questions for the dev team?

Whilst I wait for the Tales of Hearts interview to come back (end of Jan at the latest, I'm told), BanNam has given me the go ahead for a Fragile interview. So fire away if you have anything you specifically want to know and I'll try to get as many of your Qs in as possible...

MoogPaul

jesusraz said:
Okay folks, request time again - anyone got any burning questions for the dev team?

Whilst I wait for the Tales of Hearts interview to come back (end of Jan at the latest, I'm told), BanNam has given me the go ahead for a Fragile interview. So fire away if you have anything you specifically want to know and I'll try to get as many of your Qs in as possible...

Don't ask them but tell them to make it in English. Use a gun if you have to.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
jesusraz said:

What made them choose such a relatively unusual setting for an adventure game? And why make a Wii game around it?

I really hope this plays (and sells) well, it looks utterly enthralling from everything I've seen of it.

Datschge

jesusraz said:
anyone got any burning questions for the dev team?
Hmm, how about this one...

On the blog it has been announced that Riei Saito is the composer for the game. In the past games by tri-Crescendo used to employ Motoi Sakuraba, while games by the Seven/Venus & Braves team used to employ Namco composers with a specific instrumental sound quite popular among game music fans. Considering these how did that happen that a former sound effect designer by tri-Crescendo (got the chance to) surprises everyone with her music?

...or...

To composer Riei Saito or sound director Yusaburo Shimojo, what was the goal for the aural landscape? Did the artwork of environments reflect on the sound design and music style employed, or was it the other way around?

...or...

tri-Crescendo still doesn't bother mentioning their involvement in Fragile on their official website. What's up?

...or...

Many people like the solitude shown in the movies and screens released so far and are worried that battles would take too much playtime of the game. How did you balance exploration and battles?

...or...

Fragile so far seems completely unlike the previous games by the Namco staff involved, Seven and Venus & Braves. What decided the direction for Fragile? And what were the lessons learned through the previous games and applied to Fragile?

jesusraz said:

Why won't they either localise the game themselves (preferably through 8-4), or hand it off to someone else to handle (such as Atlus).

Be sure to call them Scamco too. :p

CrisKre

ask them if they have Xseed's number. If they dont please hand it to them and tell them to call them ASAP. We need this game stateside. Subtitles would be fine if it is to hard to localize the in game japanese signs. thanks

Ask them if the team has any plans to make more future Wii titles . . . cause I would like to see them do more games.

Than ask them when/ if this will come state side!

Eteric Rice

Ask them if they actually plan to advertise it.

I fear that this game is going to bomb, mostly due to lack of advertising.

Zihark

Ask Tri-Crescendo if their next project is a collaboration with Monolithsoft- BK3?
Also I remember hearing FRAGILE battle system has party members- how will that work and how does the battle system work?
What kind of items are in this game?
Why does item getter wear a duck outfit?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Eteric Rice said:
Ask them if they actually plan to advertise it.

I fear that this game is going to bomb, mostly due to lack of advertising.

I think it will do alright. No real reason for thinking that, but I do :lol

ivysaur12

Banned
Tell tri-Crescendo to make a new Baten Kaitos!

Where did the collaboration between the Venus & Braves Team and tri-Crescendo originate from? It seems like a bit of an odd pairing.

jesusraz

Thanks for all the Qs :) Some really good ones in that mix.

Why won't they either localise the game themselves (preferably through 8-4),
Dragona, mind explaining this one, please? 8-4? I'm drawing a blank...

ksamedi

That trailer really didn't look that hot. All I saw was story elements. The vid where they showed combat was hugely dissepointing.

What a pretty trailer. If the game plays as good as it looks and sounds, this will be a killer app for the Wii.

Maybe if Bandai-Namco doesn't want to bring it over they can hand it off to Marvelous.

Sadist

comedy bomb said:
What a pretty trailer. If the game plays as good as it looks and sounds, this will be a killer app for the Wii.

Maybe if Bandai-Namco doesn't want to bring it over they can hand it off to Marvelous.
XSEED :D

Top Bottom