• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Full Metal Panic anime series announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's any new info about the new season, please post it here. I'll update the OP in the morning if there is any. For now I shall leave you with this clip from the first episode of the first season.

zulux21

You can add Spice & Wolf to that list.

bleh skip beat is where it is at.

anyways, super exited for this. I had given up hope they would do any more of this series so it's great to hear that they will do the rest of it.

plus the last time I was at a con I straight up asked Chris Patton after he said he wanted nothing to do with funimation that if there was another season of FMP and funimation got it if he would be willing to reprise his role and he definitively said he would because it's his role and he doesn't want any one else to do it :p

that being said this will be a series I watch in japanese first and english as soon it is out for sure.

ED Cantu

This was my reaction:
e4NEYpa.gif

A couple weeks ago I started rewatching FMP Fumoffu and then I found out about the conference for a "Special announcement", I'm so happy they are a going to finish the main storyline after 10 freaking years that I don't care if it's done by KyoAni or not.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Is it anything like Amagi Brilliant Park? I freaking love the mascots from that show.

Veitsev

Is it anything like Amagi Brilliant Park? I freaking love the mascots from that show.

The comedy is similar. Its also a better show overall and I really liked Amagi. If this upcoming series is a continuation of the light novels then they have some seriously epic shit to adapt here (which is why so many people wanted another season). It had a perfect ending IMO.

Veitsev

Hopefully they adapt the Chrysalis arc.
Die Hard parody on a cruise ship with the gang playing the terrorist side of things complete with this greatness pic
. Yes, please.

Oh neat. I always wanted to see where this series went, but the Second Raid got so dark and gross. Weirdly so. I'm guessing the sequel will get even darker so that'll be weird.

I've watched Deathnote and Attack on Titan.

I enjoy the character development and sense of tension and mystery in these stories. Can anyone recommend anything as good?

Joni

I'm so glad I could die. I should maybe wait until the show is aired. It has been way too long, can't wait to see what happens.

Veitsev

I've watched Deathnote and Attack on Titan.

I enjoy the character development and sense of tension and mystery in these stories. Can anyone recommend anything as good?

Steins;Gate
Baccano!
Seirei no Moribito
Kino's Journey
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Might want to check out the new Gundam that is airing right now too (its on Crunchyroll) which is looking like its going to be very very good. Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans.

Jarmel

Banned
ロボ描くの疲れる発言(伊藤P)
Can someone properly translate the above sentence? I want to make sure that the interpretation being spread around is correct.

Crocodile

I'll wait to hear who is doing the anime before I get hype. Fumoffu and Second Raid were when this anime "got good" so hopefully the rest of the series continues that degree of quality (I'm expecting it to be more like Second Raid in tone of course).

KyoAni's animation is among the best, but if this ends up like some of their recent shows tonally or visually...

It's almost as if quality animation studios have talented individuals that can tune tones and styles to fit whatever they are trying to adapt. They aren't some one trick pony or some sort of animating robot who don't understand the concept of context.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom