• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gamepass Titles Announced.

Bryank75

Banned
I would assume MH:W sold way more on PS4 and putting it on gamepass isn't much of a loss on the Xbox platform...

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Super excited for MHW. Was thinking of double dipping on that, but now I can without buying it. Honestly though, all of those games are strong.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
Nice! I finally get to play Prey. I've been toying with purchasing it for so long but always held off!

Its an awesome game, one of the unspoken ones of this gen. Sadly got burnout about half way through with to much on and still need to get back to it. Wont be buying any new games this year outside of CTR.

Gamepass needs to relax, I already have way to much to play and this just makes me feel even guiltier about that backlog when I've never gotten to MHW. Amazing value at this point.

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
MHW is one of my favorite and most played games of last year. That game alone is worth gamepass and I don't even have an xbox but am impressed with that lineup.

https://wccftech.com/monster-hunter-world-xbox-game-pass/
D3yxOawUcAAs4k8

*not really lol.

Everyone else was making clickbait titles so I thought I would join in with my own tabloid tier thread. ;)

Yeah this thread is just an article about Monster Hunter, RE5, and Prey coming to game pass this month. Along with walking dead, life is strange 2, and Golf Club 2. That's pretty cool. Lol.

I'm surprised Capcom even let their best selling game of all time be given away for free. But I'll drop the retail release since I can get it for free now haha. I had arranged a deal to get the PS4 version for $30 but free is free. :)

zeorhymer

I can see Capcom doing the MHW game pass considering that the initial sales window have gone a long time ago. It allows new players to experience the game. If they like the game, they can purchase the DLC content. It also gives the bonus that Capcom can brag their MAU numbers as well. It's basically a win/win/win on all fronts.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
The irony in you poking fun at people making terrible threads isn't lost on me.

On topic, play Prey.

It's bizarre that the difference between ps4 and xbox one units sales this gen is goin to be bigger than 70 million. Ps4 is a monster.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Ok, Monster Hunter World has me intrigued. I could finally give the series a go without regret.

I've heard it's the Dark Souls of monster hunting games.

Codes 208

It really didn’t take long for good news to dribble down to shit like “oh yeah? Well, um, Sony is still beating Xbox!”
*sigh*

OT: I had just sold Monster Hunter (and a few other games) yesterday for some extra cash after paying off some bills so this is welcoming news to me.
Ok, Monster Hunter World has me intrigued. I could finally give the series a go without regret.

I've heard it's the Dark Souls of monster hunting games.
It’s not. It’s more a streamlined version of the prior games with the same core focus: kill monsters to get mats to create weapons to kill other monsters to get even more mats. It’s been casualized a bit to make it easier for newcomers. But it’s still a solid game.

Codes 208

Allow me to reiterate:

MHW was originally off the radar for me (after playing through and not quite clicking on MH3 on the 3DS) but after an unfortunate set back of DBFZ not having a properly working online to play with friends, we moved over to MHW as it came out around the same time and looked fun enough.

“Fun enough” doesn’t even describe it, it pretty much took our lives for months. The level of coordination needed to take down big bass and the huge amount of weapons and progression system just made this such an amazing game. While not exactly like dark souls, if you like fighting huge monsters that sometimes take up to 10 minutes to kill, or you like settings that kind of give off a Zelda vibe or even just like the idea of having a bipedal cat as your wingman, this game is a must-play. GoW was amazing but this was my personal GotY last year.

VertigoOA

Banned
Monster hunter is huge. I own it on PS4 but I have a few irl buddies who I could see playing it. I’d have to sub to gold tho.

Never got to play prey. Now I will.

Gamespass rocks

octiny

Banned
What's that supposed to insinuate?

To be blunt?

You both came to a thread to shit post, adding nothing to the original OP.

In regard to the GIF, the GIF insinuates that both of you are as dumb as the ladies in the GIF for doing such.

Asking about the GIF further solidifies that I was indeed correct in my original analysis.

You could be banned for that. Direct and aggresive provocation is against the forum rules.

Furthermore, after you shit posted, you asked what the GIF ment. Someone provided you the answer. You didn't like it. As such, you tried to flip the cards by saying "you could be banned for that." When it fact, shit posting is a bannable offense. All he/she did was lay out the obvious answer to your original question, correlating with your original shit post.

Hope that clarifies everything!

Last edited:

Tiamat2san

When I see the quality of the games in the last months, I think i’m Gonna calm my new game purchase habit.
Don’t have the time for all of this.
I’ll buy only the biggest ones.
(Like this year RE2, KH3, DMC5 and this month MK11)

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I sat on the fence for Prey literally to this day. Good thing I waited. And here I was about to cancel GamePass for the foreseeable future. Sike!

Top Bottom