• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New games at MS Gamer's Day: Banjo 3 and Vina Pinata 2 pics leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pistolero said:
From the pictures posted ? I...hum...never mind !

Yea I wouldn't say so either from the later banjo screens, but I have faith in Rare so I expect this game to be nothing short of an impressive looking title for the 360.

Rlan

From the background...

trophythomas.jpg

Jammy

Banned
Banjo looks great... but it doesn't look like Banjo-Threeie would. :( I can get over the art change, but what's with these vehicular monstosities the bird and bear seem to be riding around in?

Banjo was about being transformed himself by Mumbo. Why are there customizable flying things when good old Kazooie just needs some red feathers?

I guess the sight of Jinjos far off in a distant corner, trails of musical notes, and some humorous dialogue bubbles would comfort me.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Stumpokapow said:
monetizing new pinatas for the tv show / merchandise?
potentially for xwaggle peripheral?
JFG didn't do all that well to begin with and has no remaining brand equity outside of the tiny niche of message board gamers?
JFG was a million seller and fits the type of games popular on the 360 better than anything outside of Perfect Dark

RBH

Jammy said:
Banjo looks great... but it doesn't look like Banjo-Threeie would. :( I can get over the art change, but what's with these vehicular monstosities the bird and bear seem to be riding around in?

Banjo was about being transformed himself by Mumbo. Why are there customizable flying things when good old Kazooie just needs some red feathers?

I guess the sight of Jinjos far off in a distant corner, trails of musical notes, and some humorous dialogue bubbles would comfort me.
Well, we've got the sight of some musical notes so far at least (towards the bottom next to the tree):
http://images.gfx.no/467/467431/i_467431.jpg

Speevy

Banned
I think the mere existence of Viva Pinata 2 is proof that sometimes, a game deserves to be made regardless of how its predecessor sold.

Speevy said:
I think the mere existence of Viva Pinata 2 is proof that sometimes, a game deserves to be made regardless of how its predecessor sold.

Didn't Viva Pinata eventually make it to a million, including the tie in packages?

Rlan

TheHeretic said:
Didn't Viva Pinata eventually make it to a million, including the tie in packages?

It was tied into EVERYTHING though. The major package in Europe and Australia [don't know about US] was the "Includes Forza 2 + Viva Pianta" bundle, and I see so many of these bloody things at EB and Pawn shops since they were traded in.

Speevy

Banned
TheHeretic said:

I don't think any spin of worldwide sold vs. shipped PR could make Viva Pinata a million seller.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
TheHeretic said:

Yes, but it could have been easy for Microsoft to discard this, even though a lot of it was their fault in the way it was promoted. They have had the cartoon for a few years now this is the third game in the franchise. I'm glad that they have persisted. I fuckin loved the first one and with co-op, my wife and I plus my twin daughters will love this as well. I have 2 360s and this might be the first time I have to buy two since we are going to play it so much.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
TheHeretic said:

500k at last count. Dunno where people keep pullling this magic million number from

mm04

Geez, how big is the Rare team again? If they can get these two games out and maybe PD2 (I hope it's in development) in late 2008/early 2009...I'd say they're pretty productive.

I think these games will sell well, assuming MS actually advertises them! They better not release VP2 with Gears 2 again and not have a damn commercial for it. Microsoft makes some great commercials and if they back their first party games this year with commercial ads, I imagine they will all sell pretty well.

Banned
Agent Icebeezy said:
Yes, but it could have been easy for Microsoft to discard this, even though a lot of it was their fault in the way it was promoted. They have had the cartoon for a few years now this is the third game in the franchise. I'm glad that they have persisted. I fuckin loved the first one and with co-op, my wife and I plus my twin daughters will love this as well. I have 2 360s and this might be the first time I have to buy two since we are going to play it so much.

Same here. If VP2 has co-op then I will buy 2 copies for sure.

man i have been shitting on my 360 lately except for ikaruga but VP2 could be fucking awesome i should be done with MGS4 by the time its hits but it will have to wait till im done with NG2 after MGS. almost too many games that have too much replay value are coming out.

HK-47 said:
500k at last count. Dunno where people keep pullling this magic million number from

It was a quote from Rare. 500k (I think) was the number sold standalone. Then there was the Forza / Viva Pinata pack someone mentioned that was very popular in europe. They were basically giving it to every 360 owner.

Honestly I'm interested in seeing Perfect Dark 2(provided it exists)

If they can dump the dated gameplay, terrible art, and slowwwww gameplay they could probably turn out a serious winner.

JohnTinker said:
How long until someone tries to claim that its a ring from the Sonic series and RARE/Sega have teamed up to put Sonic in Banjo

It would take an entire series of games just to shit on how terrible Sonic has become.

BobFromPikeCreek said:
:lol Why are you even here?

Karma said:
:lol :lol :lol

TheHeretic said:
Basically you battle the players of LBP in an ultimate quest for console domination. Banjo players build planes and dive bomb into meticulously created landscapes made by sock puppets, whilst unmatched CELL powered physics based war machines charge the colourful plateau's of BK3.

2008, it all ends.

Skilotonn said:
He said "what if" right in the very quote you made from him.

It's like you just stumbled into a place you've never been in before and started asking random questions...

My god I sound like a absolute Wanker.
Sadly enough I seriously just stumbled in and started posting without really checking anything out my bad everyone I apologize forgive the ignorance.

WickedLaharl said:
you'd recommend a shooter/platformer to someone interested in a sim? why? :lol

I meant it only as a statement of some of the graphical style R&C has a couple levels that remind me of the snow in that shot that I thought he would dig.

Anyway dug myself in a huge hole already.

Sloane

Banned
Kydd BlaZe said:
I'm interested in hearing about the new features (online co-op, garden visiting, sharing, etc?...one can hope).
I'm mostly interested in the new animals. Penguins, owls, wild boars, rhinos, polar bears, crabs, camels, that thing that's flying out off the pyramid... :D

MCD

mm04 said:
Geez, how big is the Rare team again? If they can get these two games out and maybe PD2 (I hope it's in development) in late 2008/early 2009...I'd say they're pretty productive.
You have to remember they only made one game last year and it was a remake (Diddy Kong Racing DS.)

this year we got three games, 2 360s and a ds game, their pinata engine is up and running since 2006, it's just more gameplay and stuff.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
WickedLaharl said:
who gives a shit? if some people think it sold a mill, let them. it's not like it matters.

Obviously not you WL, so go not give a shit. I want a source for the numbers

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Honestly I'm interested in seeing Perfect Dark 2(provided it exists)

If they can dump the dated gameplay, terrible art, and slowwwww gameplay they could probably turn out a serious winner.

It would take an entire series of games just to shit on how terrible Sonic has become.
When was this?

BruceLeeRoy said:
My god I sound like a absolute Wanker.
Sadly enough I seriously just stumbled in and started posting without really checking anything out my bad everyone I apologize forgive the ignorance.

:lol

You sounded exactly like a Sony troll with the whole LBP comparison. Good times.

Agent Icebeezy

mm04 said:

I think these games will sell well, assuming MS actually advertises them! They better not release VP2 with Gears 2 again and not have a damn commercial for it. Microsoft makes some great commercials and if they back their first party games this year with commercial ads, I imagine they will all sell pretty well.

IIRC, they are at least four dev teams deep.

TheHeretic said:
:lol

You sounded exactly like a Sony troll with the whole LBP comparison. Good times.

Seriously I really did I usually try to hold myself to a higher standard than sounding like such a damn idiot. I litterally saw one shot of Banjo saw another shot of some mechanical blueprint then quickly glanced at Deeps comment(Who though being entitled to didn't call me out and I appreciate it) and just came up with my own theory.

duckroll

WickedLaharl said:
who gives a shit? if some people think it sold a mill, let them. it's not like it matters.

Because FACTS matter. Letting people think inaccurate facts are correct is never good.

LaneDS

Viva Pinata looks amazing (like the original) and Banjo is sort of scaring me until I hear more details on the game. If it's indeed focused on user-created content I'll be a little bummed out, I just wanted something more traditional (i.e. less vehicles and worlds designed by RARE themselves).

Details and videos, we needs them.

BLaZiN PRopHeT said:
isnt it rumored to be coming out next year?

Hopefully. I can't imagine PD2 doing much of anything releasing in the same timeframe as Gears 2. At the same time however they're probably putting together some kind of hype-machine that'll start up this year.

Considering Killzone 2 will be their main competitor in the FPS genre(along with Resistance 2 of course) next year Rare/MS is probably working on putting together something special. Cause hell even the most stalwart 360 fans are digging R2's 8 player coop and 60+ player multiplayer. If Rare can develop a similar experience you can bet MS is working with them to get the most out of it.

HK-47 said:
Obviously not you WL, so go not give a shit. I want a source for the numbers

I want a source for the numbers

i seriously lol'd

i care now. for the safety of a few gaffers!

duckroll said:
Because FACTS matter. Letting people think inaccurate facts are correct is never good.

yeah, i can't imagine anything more important than being right on how much a game sold.

let me clarify. in VP's situation what does it matter to the majority when a sequel is confirmed?

most people only care about seemingly low selling games because they think a sequel will never happen.

Agent Icebeezy

BruceLeeRoy said:
So lame comments aside what is the deal with the blueprints and the different crafts it looks like Banjo can build?

We only have our theories. I'm not trying to worry about that though. I'm just glad to see the bear and bird back. I'll let tuesday come and all will be known.

Agent Icebeezy said:
We only have our theories. I'm not trying to worry about that though. I'm just glad to see the bear and bird back. I'll let tuesday come and all will be known.

Damn after last tuesday I promised I was going to make up for how behind I was on work this week but doesn't look like thats going to happen. Hopefully my boss got laid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom