• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New games at MS Gamer's Day: Banjo 3 and Vina Pinata 2 pics leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbear

Man what a monster year it's gonna be, I'm so happy I got a 360. Banjo, Fable 2, Gears 2, VP2, Too Human, GTA4 DLC, Ninja Gaiden 2, I'm in gaming heaven.

Francias Castiglione said:
You can generate and print them yourself. Any cards they sell would be on the internet within minutes anyway. Plus it sounds really awesome for kids, they can trade cards without losing theirs!

well nevermind my complaint then! i assumed once i read a bit about it that msft/rare would try for a card collectathon tie-in.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
WickedLaharl said:
well nevermind my complaint then! i assumed once i read a bit about it that msft/rare would try for a card collectathon tie-in.
Yeah, the card feature is more for kids who will like to print them and share them among friends at school instead of older people who can just share the multiple digit code without even the need to print the card.

kbear said:
Man what a monster year it's gonna be, I'm so happy I got a 360. Banjo, Fable 2, Gears 2, VP2, Too Human, GTA4 DLC, Ninja Gaiden 2, I'm in gaming heaven.

360 titles for me this year will be.

Banjo 3, Infinite Undiscovery, Tales of Vesperia, Fable 2, Gears 2, Ninja Gaiden 2 (maybe), Too Human, Cry On (import confirmed) DBZ Burst Limit and who knows what else I'm forgetting.

godhandiscen said:
Yeah, the card feature is more for kids who will like to print them and share them among friends at school instead of older people who can just share the multiple digit code without even the need to print the card.

i'm still kinda shocked they're not going to attempt to sell them tho. my little brother buys cards for all kinds of silly games.

kbear

CowboyAstronaut said:
360 titles for me this year will be.

Banjo 3, Infinite Undiscovery, Tales of Vesperia, Fable 2, Gears 2, Ninja Gaiden 2 (maybe), Too Human, Cry On (import confirmed) DBZ Burst Limit and who knows what else I'm forgetting.
Infinite Undiscovery looks good, I forgot about that. Never heard of Tales of Vesperia. I'm unsure about Ninja Gaiden 2 as well... it's a really hardcore game and I dunno if I have that fire in me anymore.

Kafel

Banned
kbear said:
Man what a monster year it's gonna be, I'm so happy I got a 360. Banjo, Fable 2, Gears 2, VP2, Too Human, GTA4 DLC, (Ninja Gaiden 2), I'm in gaming heaven.

MS sure has a killer planning for the end of the year. And I can't wait for the "youtube of gaming".

FrankT

Well, I have said it for the longest time now, and I'll say it again now, the 360 will have a showing on par or better than 08. That has been my opinion for a good while now even though the doubters were a plenty. Now that MS has shown a few cards people have begun to see the light. I do hope we get at least one nice suprise tomorrow. I'm sure we will. :D

With that said what time do we start getting the hot deets tomorrow?

GreekWolf

kbear said:
No offense, but I'm still having a difficult time adjusting to the new kbear, who hugs his 360 every night before bed.

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, etc.

kbear

Green Shinobi said:
Posts like this totally do not match your tag.
They gave me that tag a while back, before I got a 360 a couple weeks ago. I dunno what to say, I love this thing. Sure there are faults (the noise, lack of wifi, anxiety about RROD, big power brick) but as a pure gaming system, I've never had more fun. Xbox Live and the dashboard with in-game messaging, cross-game invites, global chat, joining a friend's game in progress, etc... their whole interface is just awesome and very well implemented. XBLA is excellent as well... one game every week and it always has a demo which is nice.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I really like the sound of the card reading feature for VP2. I hope that there's some freedom as far as Pinata customisation goes too.

Banjo also sounds interesting and unique but I hope it's still a platformer at heart.

Treo360

kbear said:
They gave me that tag a while back, before I got a 360 a couple weeks ago. I dunno what to say, I love this thing. Sure there are faults (the noise, lack of wifi, anxiety about RROD, big power brick) but as a pure gaming system, I've never had more fun. Xbox Live and the dashboard with in-game messaging, cross-game invites, global chat, joining a friend's game in progress, etc... their whole interface is just awesome and very well implemented. XBLA is excellent as well... one game every week and it always has a demo which is nice.

Pinch me, I must be dreaming.

Good for you KB, congrats on becoming a true gamer! :)

Brashnir

kbear said:

Pretty much. It's good to be a multi-console owner. This is shaping up to be an even better year than '07.

Coverly

Vinterbird, on the local co-op for Fable 2, did you mean system link or split screen?

Also, how's the framerate at this point? turning left or right gives me a headache in ME and GTA4, because everything is so shaky.

Brashnir

BobFromPikeCreek said:
So does anyone know if we can expect video of either VP2 or B3 soon?

the Official reveals are still set for tomorrow as far as I know. I imagine there will be video footage then.

DuckRacer

Francias Castiglione said:
Wait what part is this? The Des(s)ert environment or did I miss some info?
From what I understand there's the main garden and then there's the desert and arctic environments where you capture (?) Pinatas native to those environments. But I'm not 100% sure.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Hey guys, If you still want a new thread with updated info then I can make one. I just went through the thread trying to find all the relevant information.

I can post it here (its long ofcourse) and you guys can tell me if I missed anything?

Emenis said:
Hey guys, If you still want a new thread with updated info then I can make one. I just went through the thread trying to find all the relevant information.

I can post it here (its long ofcourse) and you guys can tell me if I missed anything?

Would it be possible to stick the VP2 info in it's own thread please? Thanks for going to the bother of rounding all the stuff up!

Foil

Jtyettis said:
Well, I have said it for the longest time now, and I'll say it again now, the 360 will have a showing on par or better than 08. That has been my opinion for a good while now even though the doubters were a plenty. Now that MS has shown a few cards people have begun to see the light. I do hope we get at least one nice suprise tomorrow. I'm sure we will. :D

With that said what time do we start getting the hot deets tomorrow?

Gears Of War 2, Ninja Gaiden II, Banjo Kazooie, Splinter Cell Conviction, Fable 2, Halo Wars, Left 4 Dead, Too Human, Viva Pinata 2, Tales Of Vesperia, Alan Wake.

Things do seem to be shaping up for a really great year. I'm sure MS has one or two more surprises as well. This might end up being 360's best year in terms of content. I still think 2009 should be a great year with likely games such as Mass Effect 2, Forza 3, Bioshock 2, and Bungie's next game. Might even see new stuff from Mistwalker, Lionhead, and Rare (PD2?). Shame there likely isn't a Crackdown sequel or Shadowrun RPG in the works though.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
GarthVaderUK said:
Would it be possible to stick the VP2 info in it's own thread please? Thanks for going to the bother of rounding all the stuff up!

I dont mind doing that but wouldnt it be easier to keep it all in one thread? Since tomorrow we will probably get a ton of new information on these games it will be easier to update them.

I dunno. What say you GAF?

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Ah fuck it, Im just gonna post everything we have so far in a single thread and I'll do my best tomorrow to keep it all updated and organized.

Kafel

Banned
gnarkill bill said:
I say each game gets its own thread.

That's what happens each time : one thread for the conference if we get to watch it or if a blogger let us know about what's happening.

Then it explodes in multiple threads for each game.

mm04

I'm not really big on platformers. I watched my GF finish Ratchet from start to finish on my PS3 after I played about 3 hours worth and that was enough for me. Although, I thought the screens of BK3 were interesting, I REALLY got interested after reading the details about the vehicles and how customizable they are.

If it plays well, I may actually buy BK3 after never having played a Banjo game before. I really don't want to do that since I STILL have to finish Mass Effect, I have to START COD4, Devil May Cry 4 and GTA4! I didn't plan on buying many 360/PS3 games this year, but damn if this year isn't as strong as last. I need more free time, dammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom