• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New games at MS Gamer's Day: Banjo 3 and Vina Pinata 2 pics leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
TheOddOne said:
Its odd that there is no leak for the ninja game :(... tommorow we see it and everything revealed in this thread in motion. Tommorow will be a good day.
Because its obvious the "leaks" are no real leaks but just viral marketing by Microsoft. Nothing that could ever hurt them ever gets leaked, always the good stuff its kept under wraps until the time is right.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Damn if Killer Instinct 3 is coming!! That would be so much awesome! I'm not big on strategy (VP, Halo Wars) and not a Too Human fan (yet), but KI3, Gears of War 2 and Banjo this upcoming season would be awesome!

Edit: added Gears of War 2 of course!

godhandiscen

Hawk269 said:
So when is the MS event anyways??

Do we know if any of the videos will be available on Live?

Thanks....
At this point thats just expected.
Scottlarock said:
I will just say the last 24 hours have been very good for 360 fans....
For MS enthusiasts in general this week has been awesome since they released the Zune games and XNA 3.0 CTP

Y2Kev said:
From Software

I really think that instead of From Software people should say "from the mind that brought you the Otogi games".

Mainly because most people tend to associate From Software with the 3,000 Armored Core games instead of...well..their actual really awesome stuff.

goldenpp72

otogi was hardly a AAA title, while excellent in style the gameplay itself was redundant (smash tons of stuff) and the story was terrible, it was in all the best game from ever made but it was still an 8 at best (only if you're a whore for japanese music and setting)

otogi and enchanted arms are the only thing from is good for though..

bridegur

Banjo looks and sounds great. I hope they put as much time into the platforming as they apparently have with the vehicle creation aspect.

NeXuSDK said:
This feature is extremely cool though, in two ways.
1. VP2 uses the Vision Camera in combination with physical cards sorta like Eye of Judgement. It basically scans a small code on the card, when it's being held up in front of the camera, and this can both insert custom designed pinatas, unlock buildings or abilities, change the weather and many other things. We were told how Rare had designed a moose that got a big, red nose only around christmas time... and this could be passed around with these cards.
2. So the game also got a photo mode. Cool, but that's not the best! This photo mode is able to interpret the pictures and create the above-mentioned code based on the picture. Basically, you will have a card generator available on the internet! Imagine this: you have created this really cool pinata and instead of the tiresome task of sending it only to selected friends on Live, you can take a picture of it, get the code/card generated and share it on a forum. Instantly everyone will be able to get the pinata in their game and since the camera can also read from LCD screens, ipods, zunes etc., there is little to no hassle. Now THAT'S sharing!
VISION CAMERA REDEEMED

MCD

NeXuSDK said:
Did I find it fun? Me and colleague haven't stopped thinking about it since we played it. It was extremely fun being able to create your own vehicles however you wanted it and play around with them. Just that in itself. It works so great! Add balloons and it will start to float. Add wings and you can actually steer in the air and fly around. Add inflatable balls and you won't sink when landing on water. Add a propella and you got propulsion in the water. Everything makes sense and work exactly how you think they will.

Now take that concept into multiplayer...
I'd suck your nuts.

tak

a Master Ninja said:
I actually have the highest Totem Ball gamerscore on all of GAF. How sad is that? :lol
Answer: Really. Fucking. Sad. That game is trash.
oh my...

you actually completed the single player game? :lol

I didn't even make it past the training stage!

Quazar

a Master Ninja said:
I actually have the highest Totem Ball gamerscore on all of GAF. How sad is that? :lol
Answer: Really. Fucking. Sad. That game is trash.

:lol :lol

That is pretty bad.

Vinterbird said:
Thought it would be best to keep everything in the same topic, so here we go:

So the embargo is finally up. Last week a bunch of journalist saw the game at Lionhead in Guildford.

The build we saw was from the 7th of may. The game is content complete and about 5000 bugs from completion.

We were shown the magic system, a major plot point when you are a kid, some adult parts and I got hands on with the co-op part (local only, so far. Online announcement could come soon).

New stuff:

Mini map is dead. Peter hates it. So he made a "bread crump trail". Which is a golden line on the ground that will tell you which direction to go. It works kinda like a GPS system, so it will change if you go another direction, and will guide you in the right direction.

Magic system: You can either do a focused on one person attack, or a ranged attack. You can build up your attack in five levels. These five levels can be combined, so you can have level 1 be a fire spell, and then it builds up and adds level 2, which can be a slow spell, and so on.

There will be 8 different spells in the game.

You can buy every single house in the game. Each house will unlock something new. Either a sidequest, item or a skill

The game is 20-30 times larger then Fable 1.

The weather is completely dynamic, and will change as time progress. There will be different seasons.

Cutscenes are somewhat interactive. You can use the d-pad to do different gestures, and they can change the outcome of conversations. It's not on the scale of Mass Effect, but it can be done so you have some interactivity with the game world.

Peter wanted a sex minigame in there, but they had to drop it, due to the nature of the content. Now the screen just goes black, and your hear some moaning. And yes, you can have unprotected sex.

The female character also came close to being cut. But the female designers on the game wanted her in, so they made it happen.

There is three more Fable games planned. Lionhead is currently working on Fable 2 and a new project. The Black & White studio is no more.

I also had a talk with him, about videogames and that stuff. And he thinks that GTA4 is the absolute benchmark of how you can do story in videogames. And with Fable 2 he wants to make people attached to their character, and especially the dog.

He talked about how he was flirting with a girl, and her husband came by. And the husband became so pissed, he began kicking your dog. And Peter actually felt bad for flirting with the girl. He wants gamers to feel like he did.

Feel free to ask any questions, I'll try to answer as much as I can.

The new pictures:

Vinterbird how good did the spell effects look visually? As impressive as the rest of the game visually? How was it running performance wise this time around compared to the first time we saw gameplay footage?

PepsimanVsJoe said:
I really think that instead of From Software people should say "from the mind that brought you the Otogi games".

Mainly because most people tend to associate From Software with the 3,000 Armored Core games instead of...well..their actual really awesome stuff.

Like KINGS FIELD BABY!!!
kingsfield4ps2screen2.jpg

I didn't honestly think my prediction for the Banjo custom stuff would be that true, people were downplaying the custom stuff saying it would just be set vehicles but I am SOOOOO glad it isn't.

I can't wait, it sounds insanely good.

As does VP2, I'm gonna get on eBay for a cheap Vision Cam ASAP!

the card reading shit sounds terrible. basically it seems like you're going to buy card decks to scan in and unlock content that's already on the disk.

fable 2 looks amazing and the description sounds great except for the bread crumbs in place of a minimap bit. kinda getting a pdz trail vibe from it.

WickedLaharl said:
the card reading shit sounds terrible. basically it sounds like you're going to buy card decks to scan in and unlock content that's already on the disk.

You can generate and print them yourself. Any cards they sell would be on the internet within minutes anyway. Plus it sounds really awesome for kids, they can trade cards without losing theirs!

godhandiscen

For the people that have seen the newer builds of Fable 2 in motion, how good is the framerate?

Pimpwerx

Holy shit @ KI3. :O

PLEASE make it play more like KI1 than KI2. KI1 was glorious. KI2 was a mistake. PEACE.

EDIT: Oh, and fix Sabrewulf. They totally messed him up in KI2.

Wow, Rare seems on top form with all this stuff! Viva Piñata 2's features have certainly exceeded my expectations and Banjo sounds wonderfully innovative.
Fable 2 is sounding ace too, gord bless UK developers.

Can't wait to see some vids of this stuff tomorrow! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom